Profile for Mrs. D. Green > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. Green

Mrs. D. Green "Fashion passionata" (Manchester UK)

Paw Patrol Lookout Playset
Paw Patrol Lookout Playset

3.0 out of 5 stars My grandson loves it but glad I got it in the, 9 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Paw Patrol Lookout Playset (Toy)
Cannot believe how expensive this is in the UK! I got my grandson one from toys r us in palm beach for 31.99 dollars which is about £20! My grandson loves it but glad I got it in the US

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi and 4G, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 'delivered' but not 'delivered' and now £100 more expensive., 2 Dec. 2014
I ordered this for an upcoming trip. It was a great offer, £150 off. I paid for expedited delivery. While I was out the Kindle Fire was apparently 'delivered'. Only it wasn't despite what the tracking said. I rang Amazon only to be told it could still arrive as it can be classed as 'delivered' up to 24 hours before it is 'delivered' interesting concept.
I rang again 24 hours later, only to be told I had to ring again in another 24 hours to report it 'missing' and so a replacement could be sent.
Guess what? When I rang again, I was told, sorry, it is now officially 'missing' but we are sold out so you can't have a replacement only a refund.
Of course it isn't sold out, but it is now £100 more expensive. The only concession Amazon would make is to offer to refund any expedited shipping if I reordered so that it arrives before my trip. I am really, really disappointed. I feel completely cheated. And as a long time customer of Amazon, my trust has been destroyed. I believe that they underestimated demand, and of course now all the customers like me whose kindle wasn't 'delivered' have to pay £100 more if we want one. Poor Show Amazon, very poor show.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2014 6:35 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars sceptical but it worked!, 20 Feb. 2013
I had tried resveratrol before, paying a lot of money for the top of the range product but with no results so was sceptical about this, but the price was good and the reviews good so I gave it a go and was nicely surprised.
I am sleeping better,so much so that I have given up my night time medication which is a huge bonus, I have more energy and my skin looks better, I got a compliment off my sister in law the other day about my lack of wrinkles!

I will definitely keep taking, oh and did I mention that I have lost weight, 10 pounds in 3 weeks.

Organic Burst Spirulina Powder 100g
Organic Burst Spirulina Powder 100g

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Good!, 27 Jan. 2013
I have just started using this and it does taste good. I mix it in my smoothies or protein shakes and love it.
Like that it is organic too. Fast delivery and a good price.

Potions & Possibilities Ultra Relaxing Aromatherapy Bath Oil with essential oils of Geranium, Lavender and Ylang Ylang (200ml)

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 14 Aug. 2012
super fast delivery. oil smells divine not too heavy or sickly as some do, also leaves my skin lovely and soft. No itching which is good as I have sensitive skin. All in all a great purchase and just as good as more expensive oils I have tried

Best Laid Plans [DVD] [2012]
Best Laid Plans [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Stephen Graham
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant British film, 20 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Best Laid Plans [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
This film will make you laugh, cry, despair and give you hope! The acting is amazing and it is a pity it hasn't had a more widespread cinema release.

Prepare yourself as this is one of those films that stays in your mind after you finish watching.

Stuff Parisians Like
Stuff Parisians Like
by Olivier Magny

1.0 out of 5 stars why is this title so expensive on kindle?, 14 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Stuff Parisians Like (Paperback)
When my husband bought me my kindle for my birthday I looked forward to saving money buying books. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. Despite obviously being much less to produce (no paper etc) kindle books on amazone tend to be only a pound or so less than the book version. Why is this? It has really put me off reccomending kindle.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2014 4:57 PM BST

The Defamation of Strickland Banks
The Defamation of Strickland Banks
Offered by Great Price Media EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album since the Stones Roses debut, 25 Oct. 2011
I can't believe I came to this so late and missed the tour, completely gutted. This is amazing, every track is a winner and the concept is pure genius.

Stay too long is constantly on and it really gets me going but I love them all. I am beyond obsessed.

It really references so much stuff and yes I am getting on and it takes me back but how did a kid do that?

This guy has an amazing future whatever he does. He once said the next album might be reggae so go for it.

Father's Little Dividend [1951] [DVD]
Father's Little Dividend [1951] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Spencer Tracy

5.0 out of 5 stars I adore this film, 6 Jan. 2011
I love this film so much. spencer tracy doesn't even have to speak to have me laughing out loud, his facial expressions do it all.
Even though it is an old film the content resonates even today, intefering families, new medical methods, the bond between father and daughter.
The part at the end when he goes to pick the baby up is so heartwarming. I could watch this film over and over again.

A.L.T.: A Memoir
A.L.T.: A Memoir
by André Leon Talley

5.0 out of 5 stars A very special book., 17 Dec. 2009
This review is from: A.L.T.: A Memoir (Hardcover)
This is a quite unexpectedly wonderful book. I bought it because ALT is the fashion guy at American Vogue, but the book is not just about fashion. It describes his life growing up in the South with his Grandmother and the descriptions of their simple but satisfying life and family gatherings and tribulations are just wonderful.
You really feel such admiration for his Grandmother, who had a hard life but was always elegant and gracious, not to mention very hard working.
His love for her and for one of his Mentors, Diana Vreeland is a thread that runs through the book and gives it it's heart.
ALT is a very special guy, and his life to me is an inspiration. I read this book all the time, dipping into it to my favourite parts when I am down or tired by life and it always raises me up.
I had a wonderful relationship with my Grandmother too and I hope I have the influence on my Grandson, that both my Granny had on me and ALT's Grandmother had on him.

A must for fashion lovers but also for all those who treasure a well written book about people and what drives them through their lives