Profile for redpizza > Reviews

Content by redpizza

redpizza

Page: 1 | 2
Milano Mens Full Grain Leather Belt - 1.5" (40mm) - Black Brown # ML-2920 - Black, Large
Offered by ZAZA ®

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt., 28 April 2016
Great belt. Genuine leather and a quality feel to it.

Clarks Mens Casual Rico Park Leather Shoes In Mahogany Standard Fit Size 10
Clarks Mens Casual Rico Park Leather Shoes In Mahogany Standard Fit Size 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes, good price., 28 April 2016
Great shoes and good fit. It did buy 1 size bigger than usual as I tried them on in a shop before buying them from Amazon. Probably only needed 1/2 size bigger but I wanted them loose.

Samsung 2 A UK Wall Mains Plug Charger with USB Cable for Samsung Smartphone - White (Bulk Packaging)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy. They do not work., 28 April 2016
These do not work at all. They are the second lot of replacement "Genuine Samsung" chargers I have bought from Amazon and I will be returning them. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone and I did some testing with these against the genuine charger that came with the phone. the results are:

This charger plus supplied USB2 cable: 30 minute charge and battery life fell by 1%
Genuine charger plus USB2 cable from this charger: 10 minute charge and 8% battery increase
Genuine charger plus USB3 cable from genuine charger: 15 minute charge and 17% battery increase

Samsung Replacement USB Mains Charger and Sync Data Cable for Samsung, Android Smartphones

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not genuine Samsung charger., 25 April 2016
My Samsung Note 3 battery was going down faster than this plug was charging it - and I was barely using the phone. It managed to charge my phone by 1% in 25 minutes during which time my phone was not in use.

AVOID!!!

Quiksilver Men's Hiatus Sandal
Quiksilver Men's Hiatus Sandal
Offered by MOREBOARDS

4.0 out of 5 stars Size too small, 20 July 2013
Nice quality (but they should be for this price), but the sizing is all wrong. The strap over your foot is incredibly tight and I can barely squeeze my foot through it. The thong doesn't sit nicely between you big toe and next toe, but pulls across the other toe.

My advice is order a pair 2 sizes larger than you normally take, but the trouble will then be that the actual flip-flop will be that much longer.

I returned for a refund.

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 Black Slim TPU Hydro Gel Case Cover, Includes Screen Protector And Polishing Cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain phone case, 16 Dec. 2012
It's not the greatest of phone cases - it doesn't fit perfectly evenly all the way around, but good enough. Also it's not cut perfectly for the 2 holes at the top of the Note 2, but good enough. The side grips are great as the phone is so slippery. It doesn't add much extra width to the phone, and it can still fit into the Samsung Desk Stand with the cover on.

I haven't used the screen protector as I don't thin it needs it.

Overall, damn fine value for money, and would recommend for the small price of £3.95

Gigastone Micro SDHC Card 32GB Class 4 - Original SanDisk Chip - With SD Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 4 months, 16 Dec. 2012
I was pretty pleased with this to begin with. It was instantly recognised in my Samsung Galaxy S3, and then Note 2, but then the phone starting saying the card needed formating or had an invalid filesystem on it. Reboot seemed to fix for a while, but now my phone doesn't even recognise that the card is inserted in it. I tried accessing it from Windows 7 and Mac, but both refuse to read it or recognise it and so I can't even format it. It's dead after 4 months. Luckily all photos backed up onto Dropbox.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2013 8:59 PM GMT

Genuine Timri® Desktop Charger Sync POD Dock for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Genuine Timri® Desktop Charger Sync POD Dock for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300

4.0 out of 5 stars A snug fit but works well, 2 Nov. 2012
Not really much you can say about this stand. It does what it says on the tin. The only thing to mention is that it is a pretty snug fit and you won't be able to use it if you have a cover on your phone.

Parrot Minikit Neo Bluetooth Hands Free Kit for Mobile Phones/Smartphones/iPhone
Offered by Hale Communications

3.0 out of 5 stars Engineeringly flawed, 2 Nov. 2012
In summary, for those who don't want a long review:
Pros - works with Samsung Galaxy S3, sync'd contacts well, good voice recognition, turns itself on and off, battery life good if not using Magic Words for outgoing calls
Cons - battery life terrible if using Magic Words for outgoing calls, unable to set own Magic Word, unable to use green and red buttons if clipped over slightly wide sun visor

First off, out of the box my unit was charged to 100% - that's always good. In the box was the unit itself, a usb cable and a car charger unit to plug the usb cable into, plus a sheet of instructions - none of them in English. So first step is to find the instruction in English on the web. I obviously skipped that step and just slide the power button on. Next I turned on bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S3, did a scan and it found the Parrot and connected. The phone book was automatically downloaded and the Parrot said "Phonebook downloaded". All good so far.

I would recommend everyone to use the default settings for Magic Words. "Magic Words" is the name given by Parrot for voice recognition. There are 2 options - Magic Words for incoming calls and Magic Words for outgoing calls. Magic Words for incoming calls is set to "ON" and when you receive a call the Parrot says who is calling (if they are in your phonebook) and asks if you want to Accept or Reject the call. Magic Words for outgoing calls allows you to say "MINIKIT" and then the Parrot asks who you want to call. This is set to "OFF" by default. It sounds like a good option to turn on, but a word of warning here - it will drain the battery in less than 10 hours even if you do not make any calls. Also, the Parrot never goes into Deep Sleep (in order to achieve the claimed 6 months standby battery life). I also experienced the Parrot asking me on several occasions who I wanted to call when I had not said "MINIKIT" - I had the radio on and I guess the Parrot thought it heard the Magic Word. You are unable to set the Magic Word ("MINIKIT") to anything else, and I keep forgetting the word - annoying. So as I said, once you have finished playing you will want to turn off Magic Words for outgoing calls unless you have the Parrot permanently wired into the car.

So how do you make a call then, if you don't use Magic Words for outgoing calls? You either push the rotary knob and go to the phonebook menu and then select the first letter of the person to call and then scroll through all the names starting with that letter until you find the one you want to dial (not easy if you have 800 contacts in your phonebook), or you press the Green button and the Parrot asks you who you want to call. The voice recognition works really well, and it seemed like I didn't need Magic Words for outgoing calls at all. That is until I squeezed the Parrot over the sun visor in the car. It fits pretty snugly and the "jaws" of the Parrot are opened as wide as they can. And this is when you realise that the Parrot has an engineering flaw, and that it has probably only ever been tested on a desk and not in a car. With the "jaws" opened as much as possible the Green and Red buttons will not depress, meaning you can't make or end calls using them. I've found that sliding the Parrot to the end of my sun visor, where it is the thinnest I can just get a little movement on the green button to make a call. I've really not got an especially thick visor (it's a Volvo V70), so I would say this is a pretty major flaw.

Battery life with Magic Words for outgoing calls turned off seems pretty good so far. I'm on 80% after 3 days with not too many calls made/received, so I'm expecting to have to recharge every week or so. The auto power on/off feature works well, with a tune playing when you open a door to let you know it's now turned back on, quickly followed by a beep to let you know the phone is connected. Volume is OK, but a little too quiet in my opinion, even turned up full. I can't really see the point in the NFC recognition. It means you have to take the phone out of your pocket and tap it on the Parrot - kind of defeats the purpose of having a fully automatic bluetooth device that powers up and down.

I was going to send the unit back due to the engineering flaw, but now I have found a thin part of my sun visor where the green key can be pressed 50% of the time I've decided to keep it. The reason for keeping it are the good voice recognition of the names you want to call, and who is calling you, the auto power on/off, and the fact that it works with my Android phone - the Samsung Galaxy S3 - which a lot of bluetooth devices just don't. The Magic Words for outgoing calls remains firmly off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2014 8:17 PM BST

Novatel Wireless MiFi 3352 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot with DLNA Media Server
Novatel Wireless MiFi 3352 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot with DLNA Media Server

3.0 out of 5 stars No UK charger or USB, 5 Aug. 2012
Not yet had a chance to test this unit in anger, but buyers should be aware that this comes with a European wall charger and no USB cable for charging via PC.

Page: 1 | 2