Profile for L Campbell > Reviews

Sea View Stickers Hello my Name is Red
Offered by SeaViewStickers
Price: 2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars A single oversized sticker, 18 Jun 2014
If you are looking for a single high quality sticker then this might be for you.

In my opinion the sticker is much bigger than you would want and also you cant write on it with a ball point pen. I also imagine you would want many of these stickers as they are usually used at meeting/conference/party where many people who don't know each other would meet.

In practical terms this seems like a fairly pointless purchase (too big, cant write on it, only one sticker). I would recommend the C-Line product instead http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009A4WPP0

The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?
The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?
Price: 6.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great, 21 Jan 2014
I dont want to bag this book, not that the author would take note ;-), but it feels like a prolonged blog post that was dragged out to justify it being a book.

It is an easy read and the author does write well. The general stance is that we should move away from the industrialist view of working for the man and start to contribute art. Any art. And for the sake of art. To this notion I give 5 stars. I just dont think he needed an entire book to illustrate the point.

Legacy
Legacy
by James Kerr
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Legacy (Paperback)
A humbling read about one of my favourite sport teams. Numerous points resonated with me and it became easy to see the similarities of teams that are successful and teams that fail to gel or perform.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
Offered by Apple Gear
Price: 12.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the Price, 12 Mar 2012
Seeing so many great reviews I thought I was on to a winner. My Sony ones were falling apart after 5 years, and were leaking sound which annoyed my collegues so I needed to get some new ones. The good news is that the work mates can not hear my music any more when I use the JVC XX.

Just to be clear these are not a quality-sound headphone. They are muddy through the midrange, have average stereo seperation but most importantly do not have a flat response curve. It is like listening to your stereo after some kid has mucked around with all the EQ settings.

If you want loud and heavy punchy bass to listen to Pop on the Tube then these are fine, else keep looking.

Im keeping the silicon ear pieces and putting them on the Sony. The JVCs will be disacrded to the bottom of a draw.