Profile for Carol Arnall > Reviews

Content by Carol Arnall

Carol Arnall "Carol Arnall" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
A Suitable Young Man
A Suitable Young Man
by Anne L Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Read, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: A Suitable Young Man (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A Suitable Young Man is a fascinating read about life in the 1950s. I found it a real page turner, with just enough description of the era to hold my interest without it becoming boring. Some books do tend to overdo it! I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Ghost Writers
Ghost Writers

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Ghost Writers (Kindle Edition)
Knowing that David was writing another book I eagerly looked forward to reading it. I was not disappointed. I was privileged to read it before publication. It is written in easy to understand chapters that take the reader on a journey of self-discovery.
David never preaches at his readers. He simply presents what he is given from the spirit world for readers to make their own decisions. This is definitely one of the best and most knowledgeable self-help books I have read. I highly recommend it.

Dreaming While Awake (The Dream Maker Project Book 1)
Dreaming While Awake (The Dream Maker Project Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I would highly recommend it. The thing that I enjoyed about this ..., 10 Jan. 2015
I was privileged to read Toni's book before she published it. I would highly recommend it. The thing that I enjoyed about this book is that it is a different but highly enjoyable read.

Someone to Trust + Another Man's Child (2-in-1)
Someone to Trust + Another Man's Child (2-in-1)
by June Francis

5.0 out of 5 stars I've just finished this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. The story flows effortlessly from the first ..., 1 Dec. 2014
I've just finished this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. The story flows effortlessly from the first page. All the characters are totally believable, and the storyline kept my interest the whole of the way through the book. I even thought about during the daytime. Always the sign of a good book to me! I do love the area the author writes about.
I will give this book a mention on my blog.

Dark History in a Beautiful Land: A Collection of Song Lyrics
Dark History in a Beautiful Land: A Collection of Song Lyrics

5.0 out of 5 stars This collection is beautifully written. Ali, 19 Oct. 2014
This collection is beautifully written. Ali, evokes memories of times past, sometimes happy, sometimes sad, every word is meaningful.
Anyone reading this book will not be disappointed. The lyrics and stories will linger long.

New Mediumship: the spiritual transcripts of an Average Joe
New Mediumship: the spiritual transcripts of an Average Joe
by Spirit Counsellor

5.0 out of 5 stars A First Class Read, 29 Aug. 2014
An exceptionally well written book by a talented author.
The author offers new insights to the world of mediumship, and takes readers on a journey of self-discovery. I was drawn into this book from the first page and thoroughly enjoyed every chapter.
I still dip into it from time to time and discover previously missed insights, and new ways of seeing things that he describes.

Samuel and the Stolen Words (1)
Samuel and the Stolen Words (1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 23 Aug. 2014
I downloaded and read Toni's latest book last night. I enjoy out of the ordinary stories and as usual with Toni's stories this is. I’m sure everyone who reads it will enjoy it.

Meet Me Under the Clock
Meet Me Under the Clock
by Annie Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 2 April 2014
I've just finished Annie's latest novel, Meet Me Under the Clock. Annie has done her usual impeccable research. The book set in Birmingham, during WW 2. It follows the lives of an ordinary working class family, and their next door neighbour. The story tells of the jobs the women had to take during this period, such as working on the railways while the men folk were abroad fighting the war. It tells of the joys and heartaches experienced by the women waiting anxiously to hear news of their husbands, boyfriends. All in all, a thorughly enjoyable read.
I found myself thinking of the characters in the book during the daytime, (I read late at night) to me this is always a sign of a first class read.
I've written about it on my blog!

The Watchman Calls the Hours
The Watchman Calls the Hours
by David Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Dec. 2013
David Mill's latest book is a gem. Having read his first book The Many Coloured Day I was eager to read this one. I was not disappointed.
David has created believable well rounded characters who I loved to hate and love in turn. At all times I was eager to discover their stories.
The story runs seamlessly and is a real page turner. I felt as if walked the streets of old Lichfield, particularly around The Close, with his characters.
Chapter 5 is outstanding IMO. I thought it was beautifully written.
I look forward to David's next book.
The Many-Coloured Day

An Average Joe's Search for the Meaning of Life
An Average Joe's Search for the Meaning of Life

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 5 Dec. 2013
I enjoyed this book very much.
I followed David from his younger self up to almost the present day.
The book is enjoyable as the author tells of the many twists and turns that eventually lead him along the spiritual road.
There is some good advice to anyone who is thinking of taking the journey.
For a debut book this is an excellent read.
My congratulations to the author.
I would highly recommend this book and the link below.
NEW MEDIUMSHIP: the spiritual transcripts of an average Joe