Profile for Mrs. Frances M. G. Boardman > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Frances M...

Mrs. Frances M. G. Boardman (england)

Jolly Phonics Activity Book 5
Jolly Phonics Activity Book 5
by Sue Lloyd
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 4 April 2014
These activity books are a fun way for a small child to master the basics of reading and writing. My daughter loved the activites in these books and they have given her a great foundation.

Reception Maths Workout
Reception Maths Workout
by William Hartley

1.0 out of 5 stars Reception Year Maths Workout Book, 20 Feb 2014
My daughter found this book boring and uninspiring. The book is not engaging enough for a young child. Very disappointing

Jolly Phonics Activity Book 2
Jolly Phonics Activity Book 2
by Sue Lloyd
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to reading, 23 Jun 2013
This is a really colourful and fun book. My daughter loves the stickers and the activites are well planned. The book has improved her pen control as well as her knowledge of phonics.

Write from the start: Unique Programme to Develop the Fine Motor and Perceptual Skills Necessary for Effective Handwriting (3 volumes)
by Ion Teodorescu
Price: 23.46

5.0 out of 5 stars The stuff of mircles, 24 Aug 2007
I have been using the exercises in this book for 6 weeks. The improvement in my son's writing has been really amazing. The best part is that my son has actually enjoyed it.

The Contented Little Baby Book
The Contented Little Baby Book
by Gina Ford

1.0 out of 5 stars Gina's book cured my son's vomiting, 6 Jun 2007
We used her book to prop up one end of the moses basket. It was the perfect height and being slightly tilted reduced my son's reflux.

However I would not recommend reading it or following the advice. Babies aren't robots and can't be programmed like a DVD recorder.

Toilet Learning: The Picture Book Technique for Children and Parents
Toilet Learning: The Picture Book Technique for Children and Parents
by Paul L. Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Toilet Learning : The Picture Book Technique for Children an, 24 Aug 2004
My little boy loves this book and within 3 days of showing him this book he has started doing wees in the potty. The great thing is that this has been achieved with mimimal mess and tears.
The only disadvantage of this book is that it is very american. When I read it to my son I have to subsitute the words "diaper" and "doo doo" for "nappy" and "poo poo". We need Alison Mack to do an English translation.