Profile for foxcylady > Reviews

Content by foxcylady
Top Reviewer Ranking: 851

foxcylady
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mindfulness For Dummies
Mindfulness For Dummies
by Shamash Alidina

3.0 out of 5 stars These type of books can be quite patronising this one isn't its well written and easy to navigate, 21 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Self help, meditation and dummies, was it for me, no or yes, hmmmm!!

These type of books can be quite patronising this one isn't its well written and easy to navigate.

My issue with books of this type is that I am who I am, my scars, my life of knocks and worries have made me who I am, warts and all, I am me and this version is the product of my mismanagement maybe or brilliant perceptions, I am not sure.

I handle things my way and when I get stressed or burdened many of the techniques I rely on are included herein such as breathing correctly, meditation and my best defence against stress exercise.

There are many versions of all kinds of self help / development out on the open market, CDs for your home or car, audio books and meditation sessions for you MP3 player. Thiis book is one of the better ones and covers lots of different things but it's a personal thing and finding that thing that works for you can be a minefield. I recommend Glenn Harold and Paul McKenna myself, they work for me as does my treadmill and stepper.

I recommend you find a library and take this out and if you find it helpful then go and invest your well earned cash, if not then keep going till you find your guru who takes your hand and guides you through life's complicated course of ups and downs.

Catching Lightning in a Bottle: How Merrill Lynch Revolutionized the Financial World
by Winthrop H. Smith Jr

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 21 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a tome of a book. The blurb basically explains who wrote it and what it is about. Being honest if your not remotely interested in the world of commerce / finance then this isn't a book for you.

It doesn't touch on the crisis in the worlds economy or how the banks crqshed and bured taking our money with them. What It does however is give a valuable insight to an institution that brought the world of finance into the living room of the man on the street an institution well respected and trusted in the world.

It's well written but can be more than a little laborious in parts. I myself enjoyed it, my husband is enjoying it but we enjoy this kind of book. At the list price it's a considered purchase.

Ricco 240 W 2 Channel Real Wood Furniture Bluetooth Soundbar Hi-Fi Speaker Home Cinema Music System with Wall Mount

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great looks okay rather large and squared but pleasing enough ..., 21 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sounds great looks okay rather large and squared but pleasing enough on the eye. I have used optical cable to connect directly into tv, easy enough to set up but had it up and running in no time at all. I connected my blu Ray, then ps 3 and Xbox 360 and after rejigging settings on the device themselves I now have them all running through this system.

It's amazing for the price point to be honest. Deducted one star for remote but to be honest if that's it's only fault I am well happy. You can also use onboard buttons to tweet sound etc when remote feeling poorly.

Recommended

SILVER STUD EARRINGS MADE WITH SPARKLING SUNFLOWER SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL. HIGH QUALITY. LOW PRICES.
Offered by pewterhooter

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colour, well made earrings which have been admired ..., 15 Nov. 2014
Beautiful colour, well made earrings which have been admired by many. I have so many Pewterhooter earings now in every colour you can imagine. At this price don't be deceived they are an absolutely beautiful pair of good quality earings

Head Case Designs Booty Shake The Secret Life of Fantastic Animals Protective Snap-on Hard Back Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520
Offered by eCell

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun funky and colourful with a cute raccoon, 15 Nov. 2014
Fun funky and colourful with a cute raccoon. Makes me smile and makes who ever looks at it smile also. Well made and excellent fit this offers good protection at a reasonable cost

Head Case Designs Blue Floral Whimsical Flowers Hard Back Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520
Offered by eCell

4.0 out of 5 stars This one is a good fit and colourful an excellent addition to accessorise your, 15 Nov. 2014
These are well made cases which come in many designs for different phone types. This one is a good fit and colourful an excellent addition to accessorise your phone

Driving Test Success Complete Theory Test for Car Drivers, Motorcyclists and Trainee Driving Instructors 2014/15 Edition (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for those budding drivers, 15 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What do you buy the son or daughter who needs to know everything in order to pass their theory, well in a nutshell I would recommend this.

The days of the Highway Code being the only tool you needed to help you through your test after your wise and wonderful driving instructor have long gone.

Now it's important to help your children revise, help enable them to have the confidence to put in for their theory and this offers the full package.

Completely upto date at the time I write this review it offers a comprehensive package with every opportunity for the budding driver to pass their Theory Test from the information contained within.

It's now being used by a stressed teenager as he moves forward and looks to pass his theory in the next six months.

I think these tools are a must have but the proof will be when its contents are put into good use, I will of course let you know how much this proves to be of assistance to my son over the coming months as I update my review.

For the price I would recommend from what I have already seen of this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2014 10:01 AM GMT

Kipling Women's Cayleen Shoulder Bag K12452B94 Party Dot Pr P
Kipling Women's Cayleen Shoulder Bag K12452B94 Party Dot Pr P
Offered by Koffer Arena

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the design of this bag and the new funky ..., 15 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love the design of this bag and the new funky pattern very nice.

Wore this out in gale force winds and driving rain today and everything was dry as a bone when I returned home after a full day's work.

As this is small bag do not be deceived it has a wide base which affords the use plenty of room to put all her stuff without any hassle at all. It has the usual hidden pockets zip compartments and secret pockets that use girls have come to expect from the very reliable brand of kipling and last but not least the wonderful key fob.

Across body strap which is adjustable allows for shoulder or across body use always hand when shopping with kids no constantly pushing you bag back onto your it leaves your hands free for those important things.

If your a lady that likes a large bag say the size of the ever popular Defea or the Fairfax then this is not the bag for you, but if you like a small bag that is wider allowing for that tardis like feel then this could be for you.

Monkeys name on the party dot print "Davina".

Hoover Smart Upright Vacuum Cleaner with 5 m Cord, 3 Litre, 700 Watt - White and Red

4.0 out of 5 stars It looks a bit funky and not at all like my oreck but it's still pleasing on the eye, 13 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the moon with this product. It looks a bit funky and not at all like my oreck but it's still pleasing on the eye..

Easy to assemble being just to clip on your hose and put screw through handle. Now to test

First niggle and pretty much my only gripe is the length of the electrical cable it's much to short.

This vacum is well designed with a hose placement high up on the body allowing for high to reach use of the onboard tools with ease, no stooping nor pulling over your vacum when in use, a handy handle allows for easy carry when using the tools as well.

The. Suction and height of the roller can be adjusted by a knob on the front of the head of the vacum allowing for comfortable and efficient use on all carpet and on non carpeted surface, I made good use of this facility.

All in all this is an excellent vacum, well designed, easy to manoeuvre offering many functions for an extremely reasonable price.

It also has an energy rating of "A" so while being mega efficient it complies to new regulations being brought into force.

If your looking to replace an old vacum or a broken one look at this one you really get an awful lot for your money and you will be happy with the quality of this product, I very much recommend.

Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Disappointed is how I feel when I think of this product. Reading all about it you would expect a product to give Philips or Braun a run for its money, but sadly this is not the case.

Arriving as always in timely fashion I charged this as required and then took her for a test drive.

Being a very slim handle gave me problems, as a lady with arthritic hands this is difficult to hold securely but I fid not penalise it for this as that's my problem to be solved.

I used this as instructed for five days, my mouth slowly became yuk as each day ticked over. I put an extra clean in each day to by step that yuk feeling.

This morning I woke up with blood on my gum line, not pretty not funny and certainly not what I was expecting and After cleaning with the Colgate toothbrush my teeth just didn't feel clean and I was rapidly panicking in case my gums were being affected, I pulled my old trusty Philips out of the cabinet and cleaned my teeth again.

I was astounded by the difference my teeth were squeaky clean. I would hasten to add that while my philips is getting on a little it is in a whole different price bracket than this so I would have expected a much better clean.

I will replace the head on this and give to my eldest who likes to clean her teeth after her lunch and it's slim compact
Size will fit nicely in her handbag and if used correctly will do the job she needs as efficiently as the manual one she presently uses.

Not a toothbrush I would recommend to friends or family. My son has basic Phillips which cost £30 and it's reliable and keeps his teeth spotless, I have the same basic which is used for travel and holidays and I have never found a problem nor felt yuk when using this, so in my opinion if you have a budget for a toothbrush it isn't necessary to break the bank but read reviews carefully and make good use of these, being cheaper doesn't mean you have to settle it just means you have to spend wisely most of the expensive ones offer things you may not need such as special gum massages and such.

Underwhelmed disappointed and unimpressed, maybe more efficient than a manual but there are better ones out there for a similar cost

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20