Profile for Hazel > Reviews

Content by Hazel

Hazel (Coventry, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Chronicles Of Narmo
The Chronicles Of Narmo
Price: 3.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Very well written but poor plot, 4 Jun 2014
I decided to give this a try after really enjoying How to be a Woman. I really wanted to like it but struggled to finish it. It's very well written, especially considering how young she was when she wrote it. Not much happens in the plot and what little does happen doesn't really go anywhere and isn't resolved in any way by the end. It does capture family life quite well but I felt that more needs to actually happen to them.

Beneath a Steel Sky (BASS) - Walkthrough / Solution / FAQ / Strategy Guide
Beneath a Steel Sky (BASS) - Walkthrough / Solution / FAQ / Strategy Guide

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 24 May 2014
There is vastly superior walkthroughs to this available online so don't waste your money on it. There is spelling, punctuation and grammar errors in every paragraph. The writing is appalling and it shows no sign of being proof read or spell checked before publication.

L'Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss Hair Colourant 360 Black Cherry
L'Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss Hair Colourant 360 Black Cherry
Offered by Pharmacyone
Price: 9.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent condition hair, 18 May 2014
I'm a complete novice at dying my hair so was interested to try this from Bzzagent to see if it lived up to the claims of being easy to use. I've only ever used brands that wash out in 3 washes so this was more complicated than I've used before. I picked the Black Cherry shade in the hope it would give a red tint to my very dark brown hair. The instructions were very comprehensive and easy to follow so I was confident that I would get it right. I opened two of the bottles fine but the conditioner defeated me even with wrapping a tea towel around my hand. I asked my partner, he couldn't do it either and eventually opened it with his teeth. The top was far too small to get a proper grip on. I mixed the two parts together fine but had to retrieve the nozzle for applying it from the bin as I didn't realise that I had to swap it between bottles to start with. Applying it using the nozzle took a long time and in future I would be tempted to squirt it onto my hand and put it on like shampoo. I followed the suggestion of putting moisturiser around my hairline and it didn't stain my skin at all. The gloves served their purpose fine as well and I didn't stain my hands either. It took 4 rinses to get it all out and I still ended up with a stained towel from drying my hair. The stains came out in a normal wash. I couldn't see much difference to start with but discovered that it stood out more when the light caught my hair. The colour seemed to develop more overnight and was more obvious the next day. It left my hair feeling really soft and shiny.

The Idle Traveller
The Idle Traveller
Price: 4.19

2.0 out of 5 stars A series of unconnected rambles, 23 April 2014
I really wanted to like this book as I thoroughly agree with the sentiment behind it but I gave up halfway through. Each chapter is an unconnected ramble about journeys the author has been on that fit into the idle traveller sentiment. I felt that the author couldn't decide whether to write a guide on how to travel slowly or a travelogue and ended up with a book that didn't really work in either category.

This Is My Life: Eamonn Holmes: The Autobiography
This Is My Life: Eamonn Holmes: The Autobiography
Price: 5.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly arrogant, 23 April 2014
I thought Eamonn Holmes was quite a nice man until I read this. He's done himself no favours with this book at all. He comes across as incredibly arrogant, smug and self satisfied. Large parts of the book are about how wonderful he is and how he is right and everybody else is wrong in any situation where anybody disagrees with him. I don't recommend wasting your money on this at all unless you're a die hard fan.

Working the London Underground: From 1863 to 2013
Working the London Underground: From 1863 to 2013
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book but not what I was expecting, 12 Mar 2014
Going by the title of this book I was expecting it to mainly focus on what it's like to work on the London Underground and perhaps to include interviews with past and present staff. Instead a good two thirds of the book is devoted to a general history of the London Underground and how it was built. This was well written and researched but has been extensively covered many times before in other books. There was very little that I hadn't read before. Part 2 of the book was far more what I was expecting before I read it. It goes into detail about the various jobs on the underground and how they have changed over the years. I would recommend this book as a more general introduction to the underground for someone who hasn't read much about it before. Someone who has read other books about the underground won't find much here that hasn't been covered before in other books but it's an enjoyable read nonetheless.

Fading Ads of New York City (The History Press)
Fading Ads of New York City (The History Press)
Price: 6.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Too much of the author's own agenda, 1 Mar 2014
I didn't have high hopes for this book when I first started it as there's a lot of waffle before it gets to the actual content. Once I got past the waffle to the photos and descriptions of signs it improved a lot. The photos are clear and good quality and the text is very comprehensive and well researched. The author clearly has big living with AIDS/HIV and gay rights agendas as these subjects kept coming up. I don't think this book is the right place for them as they do distract from the main topic of the book. Overall I did enjoy the book but it would be improved by reducing the waffling and the author's own agendas.

THE RAILWAYS OF NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
THE RAILWAYS OF NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
by BLAGROVE DAVID

3.0 out of 5 stars No index, 4 Nov 2013
This book is well researched and illustrated but really suffers from the lack of an index. It's almost impossible to find information on a particular topic as a result. I would have scored it higher otherwise.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars American cut shirt, 30 Sep 2013
The shirt took 3-4 weeks to arrive as it was sent from the US. This isn't mentioned anywhere on the listing. Once the shirt did arrive it was extremely bright green as shown. I bought this shirt for my husband as he likes brightly coloured shirts and has a lot of trouble finding them in the shops. Unfortunately this shirt didn't fit him very well as it's cut differently to UK shirts. According to an American colleague of his US shirts are cut to have more room around the stomach area. This is a shame as if the shirt fitted him well I would have ordered more in different colours but I won't be buying any more.

BLACK REPLACEMENT CAR RADIO AERIAL MAST/WHIP FOR RENAULT CARS INC CLIO/MEGANE/LAGUNA
Offered by MotorGuard
Price: 3.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 14 April 2013
The aerial I received wasn't the one in the picture so when I opened it I was worried it wouldn't fit until I noticed that also included in the package was two different size fixings. One of the fixings is the right size and it feels more securely attached that the original Renault aerial I bought this one to replace when it was lost/stolen. Overall excellent service as it arrived quickly and including the two fixings is an excellent idea.

Page: 1 | 2