Profile for Luc from Belgium > Reviews

One More Car One More Rider [2CD Plus DVD]
One More Car One More Rider [2CD Plus DVD]
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 21.89

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my preferred Clapton. Great music, great musicians clearly having fun. I, 26 Dec 2012
Out of 20+ Clapton CDs and DVDs this is the one I play the most by far. I love most of his music all through his carreer. A lot of ups, some downs but here he is at his best. I just can't stop smiling when I'm watching this, or listening to the CDs.
He's got the best musicians suporting him. The setlist is very diverse and all get their share of the spotlight and there are plenty of ocasions to fully enjoy that great fluent extensive Clapton blues soloing but there's also plenty of other stuff.
Good sound and video quality and the switching of camera's is not nervous and to the point.
I fully recommend this to anyone considering his first Clapton CD or DVD but also if you allready have an extesive collection.

After Paradise [DVD] [2012]
After Paradise [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Snowy White And Friends
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, great smooth playing, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: After Paradise [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
What more can I say.
If you like great players, playing with confidence then you must love this.
Good video good sound, I can recommend it to anyone who has ever loved any of his songs.

Unconditional
Unconditional
Price: 11.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blues with Rock and Jazz overtones. Best from Ana so far., 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Unconditional (Audio CD)
I've got nothing to add to the title of this review: Great Blues with Rock and Jazz overtones. Best from Ana so far.
I recommend it to all.
Strong voice, great guitar breaks.

The Deepest End
The Deepest End
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 9.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Warren Haynes guitar solos drive the music, but it's more then just another album full of guitar solos., 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Deepest End (Audio CD)
Of course there is nothing wrong with an album full of guitar solos. Certainly not if they are played by Warren Haynes and the like. His solos have a fluency that transcends the virtuosity of a guy like Steve Vai. It's not a show of flashing fingers and impossible to play licks, rhythms, and experiments with little known scales. (And I do like Vai but I also love great music).
Haynes is at times very reminiscent of Clapton unleashed. His guitar playing never bores and is always about the music and never about showing of. It's about hard rocking and riffing, blues playing, slide, fast licks and listening to the music.

The different guests are all playing at a very high level of musician ship. The songs are varied and cover a wide range of styles (but all are obviously very guitar oriented). The spotlight always returns to Warren Haynes and he has the chops to keep it going for three hours.

Great DVD also.

Diary Of A Soul Fiend
Diary Of A Soul Fiend
Price: 16.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovers of blues and rock, rejoice., 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: Diary Of A Soul Fiend (Audio CD)
Lovers of blues and rock, rejoice.
These guys and girl know their 70's classics and made an album that would have given The Stones, Hendrix and Clapton some competition.
Great music, great blues guitar, great singing.
They never sound dated without needing to experiment with new fashionable trends (that are an insult to my ears).

Listen, enjoy and wonder why there are so few bands like this nowadays.

The Dave Stewart Songbook, Vol. 1
The Dave Stewart Songbook, Vol. 1
Price: 14.19

3.0 out of 5 stars This is Dave the POP producer not the rock guitarist, 26 Mar 2011
Of course Dave Stewart will always be a producer who can make the lighter genre acceptable to a (hard) rocker like me. Still I prefer Dave when he lets go on his guitar and for many guitarists a cover is good reason to add some flashy guitar work. So I was hopeful.
Dave, of course, chooses his own way and does not.
Result is a very good collection of Dave songs performed by all with great skill. But it leaves this guitar rock lover hungry for more guitar work.
But hey if you don't have "Lily was here" this is a perfect album to fill that gap in your collection. That is a song that I can listen to any time, any place, any mood.

Mastermind [Digipak]
Mastermind [Digipak]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 7.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best album by Dave, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Mastermind [Digipak] (Audio CD)
I was a bit disappointed when I first listened to this album, but I waited to form an opinion, maybe it would grow on me.

It didn't.

I love MM because of two reasons. Dave's lyrics make me smile and the fact that the really good MM songs evolve into a supernova hot orgasm of GUITAR mayhem, leaving me longing for more and more and more.

The lyrics on this album are OK but seldom really surprising.
The music is OK, but there is NO MAYHEM that leaves me breathless. So I need to return to good old "Space Lord Motherf***" to get some satisfaction.

Sorry guys but this no Powertrip (or Superjudge or God Says No or ...)
I don't regret buying it, but it will not get played much I'm afraid. The competition of those other MM albums is just to tough.

Ana! [DVD]
Ana! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ana Popovic
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar lovers will love this because it's good music played by a virtuoso., 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Ana! [DVD] (DVD)
First and foremost: The music is great!
Ana Popovic can play guitar with the best of them. It's a mix of Jazz, Blues, Rock that will appeal to all who love one of these genres. Think Allman Brothers but a bit more succinct.
She can give you fast and furious solos, wailing slides and subtle chord strumming.
And before I forget she can sing too (and is easy on the eyes).
Production, camerawork, lighting and all that stuff is very good (because you don't notice them and can focus on the music).
This is a DVD I can play numerous times because the music keeps me smiling with pleasure and admiration.

The Michael Schenker Group: Live In Tokyo - The 30th Anniversary Concert [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ The Michael Schenker Group
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael is in form, 10 Mar 2011
Michael is in form and that's all that realy counts isn't it?
Besides that the camera and lighting are good, with closeups where you want them and not too much nervous switching to this camera or that. It gives you sort of the impression of being there.
Barden's performance is OK.

Thin Lizzy - Lynott's Last Stand (DVD+CD) [2010] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Thin Lizzy - Lynott's Last Stand (DVD+CD) [2010] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Thin Lizzy
Offered by reflexcd2 SHIPPING FROM THE UK
Price: 18.10

3.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed, 31 Dec 2010
Phil's voice is suffering.
Lighting and camerawork or not up to standard resulting in boring and dark video.
Set is rather short and I missed some of my favorites.
Guitar work is good and overall the band clearly has it together.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2011 3:37 PM GMT