Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Marvel's The Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Marvel's The Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth paying for., 25 Oct. 2015
Never really gripped me. I can't say it's bad, and it has it's odd moment, but it just doesn't really get started. At no point did I ever feel remotely worried about any of the Avengers actually being hurt, the plentiful deaths of the citizens of a made up country and the wholesale destruction of buildings and vehicles grew mundane and ordinary. The death of the token good guy smacked a bit of a red shirted security officer from an early Star Trek (Kirk era) as his character was introduced for this film, perhaps killing a regular might have had more impact?

The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld Novels)
The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld Novels)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad to read the last Discworld tale., 2 Sept. 2015
I read this with much anticipation and some sadness, knowing this would be my last trip to Discworld. Terry doesn't disappoint and it is one of the better tales from the chalk and Ramtops, with a few old friends and some new character. I enjoyed the story, and will miss Terry's work now he has taken his final journey.

Hailo U 4452-001 Universal Design Stool Natural
Hailo U 4452-001 Universal Design Stool Natural

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Aug. 2015
Very sturdy and solid. Looks contemporary and stylish, and works a dream

Touch
Touch

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as the previous book, 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Touch (Kindle Edition)
Not quite as good as the previous book, the first 15 lives of Harry Crumb, but still a decent read. Too many unanswered questions and a not entirely hole free story line leave it a little short of the mark. The characters are in some measure filled out but I felt a little disappointed by the ending as I didn't think it had quite a complete conclusion.

Kindle Voyage, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Big improvement, like it so much I bought my wife one, 7 Mar. 2015
My Kindle touch suffered a bit of damage a few months ago, so my wife bought me a voyager as a present to replace it. I have been using fro a few months now, so I can confirm that it is a marked improvement on the standard Kindle models. The screen is easily read in both bright sunshine, and being backlit I can read without a light & not disturb my wife as she sleeps. The light level is easily adjusted and can be dimmed right down for night time reading. There is an automatic function for this, but it is so simple I tend to do it manually. The re-introduction of the page turning "buttons" on the edges is a boon, I had a number of problems with the touch screen on previous models. If I swiped rather than touching it would jump chapters rather than pages and finding my place was a hassle I could do without. The Voyager doesn't suffer this problem so well done Kindle. The other gripe of the earlier models was the off switch on the base, prop the kindle on a chair arm or a table and you could accidentally switch ot off, the voyager has a power button on the rear up the right hand side, much better. It is light weight and I like the tactile feel of the slightly soft casing. It isn't perfect, it still has the stupid "aeroplane mode" buried in the menus to switch off the wifi, rather than simply an option to turn it off. The usb port is on the bottom, which makes reading and charging awkward as per moving the off switch, put the port in the top next time.
Overall those are minor issues, and having used mine for three months I recently bought another one for my wife, so she can read without keeping me up with the bedside light.

Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter
Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars No worries, 31 July 2014
arrived promptly, and exactly as advertised

Chalet Boy - The Diary of my First Ski Season (Aged 31)
Chalet Boy - The Diary of my First Ski Season (Aged 31)

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your time, 29 Jun. 2014
Badly written and dull, There is nothing to endear you to the main character, a selfish self absorbed type. I couldnt get past chapter one. Do yourself a favour, if you want a funny book about the saisonaire life, buy Belle de Neige

Thor 110 Rawhide Mallet Size 1
Thor 110 Rawhide Mallet Size 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly Mohlnir, 27 May 2014
This is actually a gift I bought for my wife. She prefers this type of thing to flowers. Romantic aren't we.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2016 3:25 PM GMT

Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013]
Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon

1.0 out of 5 stars Glossy, SFX laden rubbish, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013] (Blu-ray)
Paper thin characters with such lame scripts that even the acting talents of Matt Damon or Jodie Foster can't make the difference.

The SFX are top notch, but the script and the plot are such a complete load of tosh that you just don't care. A world so polarised that the rich are immortal and the poor live in slums, and at the end with a magic wand all is good, get real.

You cannot polish a turd, but you can cover it in glitter.

Do yourself a favour, if you must watch this annoying pile of drivel, wait for it to be on free TV, it isn't worth paying for.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2014 8:53 AM BST

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [Blu-ray]
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Logan Lerman
Offered by Champion Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars Lame Duck, 2 Jan. 2014
If the producers had put as much effort into the script as the special effects then it might be worth the time. Kids may enjoy it for the animation, but the story is lame, full of jarring plot holes and isn't worth the effort.

Page: 1 | 2