Profile for J. Sane > Reviews

Content by J. Sane

J. Sane "Justin Sane" (Barcelona)

Page: 1 | 2
TomTom Via 130 EU GPS Unit
TomTom Via 130 EU GPS Unit
Offered by Cobalt Innovations

1.0 out of 5 stars so it's pretty bloody useless, 4 Aug 2014
I bought mine today and I'm taking it back tomorrow. It shows no signs of life in the car and won't get a GPS signal when plugged into the computer, so it's pretty bloody useless, really isn't it?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 4:34 AM BST

History for the IB Diploma: The Arab-Israeli Conflict 1945-79
History for the IB Diploma: The Arab-Israeli Conflict 1945-79
by Jean Bottaro

5.0 out of 5 stars A good course book, 7 Feb 2014
I have started using this book with my IB History course this year. It works quite well. It is a little dense, but appears well balanced, has lots of sources and exam practice. The text is well explained and makes the complex subject easy to understand.

Peel Slowly And See
Peel Slowly And See

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice package, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Peel Slowly And See (Audio CD)
I bought this as a treat for myself and am very pleased with it. I have been a VU fan for decades, but realised that I only actually owned on (vinyl) LP & nothing on CD. I had lots on my PC, but this group's music, I decided, was so good that I wanted to own it. I am not disappointed. I understand reviewers who say that if you are already a fan you must already own most of this, but it was not true in my case, hence my review. The first 5 LPs are all here and each is bolstered up with additional demo versions of the more famous songs, some of which are simply alright, some of which are real gems. I am very happy with it and it feels good to have bought a package which I am excited about & which is presented beautifully too, just like da good ol' days. If you haven’t got many VU LPs yet or any just discovering them, you’ll probably like this a lot.

Activate! B1+ Students' Book Etext Access Card with DVD
Activate! B1+ Students' Book Etext Access Card with DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty access codes with zero customer support, 7 Nov 2013
I ordered this to use with my class via iPads. It is awful. It is a simple PDF verion of the book (it is not at all interactive) and half of the class have forgotten their password. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but thre is no possibility of a reminder being sent, so they cannot access the product theiy have paid for. I have been writing to Pearson for 2 months about the issue and have got nowhere. In other words, the product is terrible and Pearson have stolen our money.

IB English B Course Book: Oxford IB Diploma Programme (International Baccalaureate)
by Jeehan Abu Awad

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 Oct 2013
I have started using this book with my sixth form group in Spain. English is their second language but they have a high level. On a positive note, the book includes several articles which cover the themes of which they are supposed to. They are technical to point of being dull though, at times. The book is disappointing in several aspects however too. Firstly, it is not teacher friendly. There is no answer guide, so you must do all of the activites. This is a problem with some of the answers which are ambiguous and others are simply wrong. This is the other flaw; the book contains several errors, which at this level does not look good. The only linguistic input appears to be reading, vocab extracted from reading and debates. There are few activities directed at improving grammatical expression in writing. I have had to find a lot of supplementary material. Basically, this book has made me work more, not less.

Twentieth Century History: IGCSE: International Relations since 1919 (Cambridge International Examinations)
by Tony McAleavy

4.0 out of 5 stars IGCSE History - this book's an option, 12 Feb 2012
I use this book to teach IGCSE History in Spain. I only have two hours a week with the class, so the lack of time is an issue. This book covers the syllabus correctly. It is easy for pupils to understand and allows them to formulate hypothesis about historical resources. My strongest criticism would be that it is sometimes too brief with some matters, often lacking sufficient detail to be able to deal with some exam questions with sufficient breadth of knowledge. Some of the activities could be a little more geared towards teenagers too. So, in summary, not bad, but not amazing.

Epson Stylus SX215 All-in-One Printer (Individual Inks, 3.8cm LCD Viewer, Memory Card Slot) (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy an Epson printer unless you love trouble., 12 Feb 2012
I was "given" an Epson Stylus SX 215 by my bank, so money is not my gripe. I have had it for about two years and am going to give it to my son (poor kid). It has given me nothing but trouble. It is unreliable, prints out of line, there is ZERO customer report, the ink cartridges cost an arm and a leg and last next to no time, there is no instruction manual (print your own, but of course you won't be able to if it isn't working) to consult. A simple job like changing the cartridges turns into a massive headache. Do yourself a favour, get another type of printer.

Garmin Nuvi 255W Traffic Widescreen Satellite Navigation System with Full EU Mapping

1.0 out of 5 stars GPS support keeps falling off, 3 Sep 2009
I bought one of these for my wife 18 months ago and we are both sadly disappointed. There are two main problems: firstly, the support to hold it in place whilst you drive is very weak so it constantly falls, making driving dangerous. We replaced the stand but the same has happened again. In addition, the reception in cities is dire: it can't deal with tall bulidings, MAKING IT FAIRLY USELESS.

Sony Walkman NWZ-S638FB 8GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with FM Tuner - Black
Sony Walkman NWZ-S638FB 8GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with FM Tuner - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Machine OK, headphones constantly break, 3 Sep 2009
I've had this machine for 18 months now & have had to change the headphones twice because they kept breaking (sound only coming out of one ear). I was particularly irritated when Sony refused to honour their guarantee twice, as they said headphones were not covered in the guarantee, eve though this information appeared nowhere in writing the new replacement headphones cost me over 50 squid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2010 11:40 AM BST

Kaspersky Internet Security 7 (1 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 7 (1 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Zero customer support, 28 Dec 2007
I had the Kaspersky Internet Security 6 version & renwed on-line a month ago. In general it works reasonably well, but I do have some issues:

1. It took 48+ hours to install, as the process was so confusing. I'm no technophobe either.
2. I have a virus (which changes the PC clock & renders the anti-virus temproarily useless) that I cannot get rid of.
3. Despite writing to Kaspersky several times for help, their silence was their only response. THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT ALL.

Oh, the payment process on line was silky smooth. They've got that aspect sorted out well (I wonder why? DUH!).

Page: 1 | 2