Profile for A. Taylor > Reviews

Content by A. Taylor

A. Taylor "farheadingley" (Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter FOR Bluetooth Audio Devices (discontinued by manufacturer)

BT980-000541 Has a European 2 pin adapter.
BT980-000560 Has a European 2 pin adapter. Different language instructions from the 541.

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices

Logitech Wireless Music Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Music Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices

Traditional Christmas Room Spray
Traditional Christmas Room Spray
Offered by Think Aromatherapy

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't!!!!, 15 Mar 2014
It smells sickly sweet initially, but the sweet smell goes quickly and it leaves you with what I can only describe as a burning glue smell.

Don't buy this!

Steepletone SRP025 2 Speed Record Player with Detachable Speaker - Green (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Digitalis Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money., 15 Mar 2014
If you use the 'line out' rather the speaker provided and connect to your stereo or TV surround system, it sounds great. This just allows the missus to play her old vinyl from time to time.

NEWlink USB 2.0 Docking Station for SATA HDD
NEWlink USB 2.0 Docking Station for SATA HDD
Offered by World of Data Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars I think I know why these fail., 8 Sep 2013
Like others here this dock worked fine when I bought It. I got this to use it to update my Sky+ box with a bigger HDD. After completing this the caddy has been sat in its cardboard box for a year or so unused.
Last week I've done some serious backing up of films, music, photos etc. and have backed up to four Sata HDDs I had kicking about. I found that the caddy was no longer reliable and would fail part way through copying a bunch of files. The thing seemed very sensitive to vibration. Putting a coffee cup down on my desk could cause the caddy to fail. I dismantled the unit and just used the bare circuit board directly plugged into the HDDs, this works 100% reliably. My conclusion is that the HDDs probably do not seat well on the caddy's Sata connector and maybe the contact metal is not of the quality it could be and has tarnished in some way thus not giving a good connection. I think I'll probably bin the caddy housing and just use the bare circuit board as is. Shame really as the overall quality of the construction is pretty good.

Sennheiser RS 180 Open Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
Sennheiser RS 180 Open Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Reluctantly returning these..., 10 Dec 2012
These headphones are stunning. The quality is superb and they are incredibly comfortable to wear. Unfortunately the range is pretty poor. Wandering around my house causes them to 'drop out' regularly and predictably.
I'm attempting to replace my clapped out Sennheiser HDR45s, these are reliable even at the bottom of my garden. Speaking to Sennheiser, they informed me that the RS120s are probably what I need as a replacement.

So I'm reluctantly returning the RS180s. If you intend solely to listen in the same room as the base station, then buy with confidence - they're pretty damn good, and then some.

I've returned the RS180s and I've now got the RS120II headphones and the range is superb. They still work 100% when I go to the bottom of my garden. (I'll be keeping these).
Just a shame there isn't a RS180 variant that uses the standard wireless technology rather than the KLEER technology as the RS180s are a lot more comfortable and stable on the head (cups the ears).

Braun Series 3 330s-4 Electric Shaver
Braun Series 3 330s-4 Electric Shaver
Offered by SMDIRECT UK

5.0 out of 5 stars *** Be Aware ***, 19 Nov 2012
As I've discovered shavers come with a two pin mains plug rather than a three pin plug.
The shaver lead incorporates a small power supply into the two pin plug so it's a good deal bigger than a standard two pin plug.
If you intend to plug into a standard three pin mains socket you will need an adapter.
Depending on your preference you may find this sort of adapter will suit...

...I had one of these kicking about and it allows the whole thing to sit flush with the wall rather than sticking out a good distance.

The shaver itself is excellent.

Korg MONOTRON-DUO Korg MONOTRON-DUO Analog Ribbon Synth with Dual Oscillator and Built-in Speaker

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish..., 18 Nov 2012
The thing is waaaaaay too small to be of any use (12 x 7cm i.e tiny).
It doesn't produce any volume at all for a portable piece of kit.
Don't waste your money on this.

Go for a 'Stylophone Beatbox' instead, half the price and much more fun.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2013 5:38 PM BST

Ashley Pop In Magic Colour Changing Perfect Boiled Egg Timer
Ashley Pop In Magic Colour Changing Perfect Boiled Egg Timer
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but works very well., 2 Oct 2011
Keep this where you keep your eggs, for me in the fridge, thus the device is at the temperature of the eggs and you get a perfect egg every time, hard, medium or soft.

Page: 1 | 2