Profile for G. Williams > Reviews

Content by G. Williams

G. Williams "purplegaily" (Liverpool UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BETRAYAL
BETRAYAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared to lose any free time til you've finished this......, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: BETRAYAL (Kindle Edition)
I have one problem with Bev's books - they are totally un-putdownable. You start reading thinking you'll kill time on your daily commute, and end up spending every spare second trying to cram a few more pages in beofre you've got to get back to real life.

Betrayal takes you on a journey with a group of friends who go away together, but one doesn't come back. The repercussions for this group are diverse as each of the group returning home know that someone in their midst is a murderer. It twists and turns, making a culprit hard to fathom. It's fast paced and the book feels like it should finish before it does, only to once again take you back on the rollercoaster ride. I haven't read Twisted Sister yet, but I'm going to make sure I have time to enjoy it in a few large chunks!!

Take Me On (A Pushing the Limits novel)
Take Me On (A Pushing the Limits novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great story from Katie McGarry, 11 Jun. 2014
I've read all the Katie McGarry books, and this one doesn't disappoint. I love the way that characters from previous books pop up in the later stories, so that you get more insight into thier continued relationships.

This book is a little different, in that it plays out during the last few chapters of Crash into You, but nevertheless it's a great story, with brilliant characters, and a great development of West. I hadn't liked him in Crash into You, but we are shown a flawed character with a heart of gold, who has to battle more than demons to get his girl. Hayley is a tough chick, but has her vulnerable side.

Unfortunatley, Katie McGarry has got formula going of 2 flawed teens, who get thrown together as they'd never have met in normal school circles, the attraction flares, there's something 'hidden' in their past, and once they can get over that they can find true love. I say unfortunatley, as although it's a formula that's worked so far, it's a little predictable - it's a credit to her writing style, and the way she can capture teen love and angst that has kept me hooked.

Alice in the Mirrors of Albion
Alice in the Mirrors of Albion

4.0 out of 5 stars great game, pity different types of tablets/phones don't interact, 20 May 2014
Playing this on both my phone and tablet, but have to play 2 separate games. Can't combine with my mum's tablet game, and my phone keeps telling me about an update I've already done.

But don't let that detract from the game. It's a good hide and seek game with a story.

Crash into You (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
Crash into You (A Pushing the Limits Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story for Rachel & Isiah, 18 Dec. 2013
I love Katie McGarry's novels. As a 'mid aged' mum I find teen romance can get a little cute, or focus on hormone driven kids trying to get it on. These books are well written, and whilst Isiah, Noah & Beth all have their hang ups, the chemistry between them and Rachel, Echo and Ryan seems real. If i were 20 years younger, my only question would be 'where should I go to find me a bad boy to tame!'

Lumsing® Premium Multi-Function Painting Series Wallet Leather Flip Case Cover & Credit Card Holder and Phone Stand and Lanyard for iPhone 4 4S - Multicolor (Blue + Black + Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars You be daft not to at this price, 6 Sept. 2013
I've just replaced a battered black PU wallet case for this one, and must say that straight out of the pack it's been admired. Love the colours, and love the choice of different colours. Furthermore, at this price, I'm going back for a second one.....

Candy Crush Saga Cheats & Tips
Candy Crush Saga Cheats & Tips

1.0 out of 5 stars 1star is too much, 22 April 2013
If you read the rules of the game, you get more information than this gives. Not even worth being a free download.

Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Mid-Air Madness
Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Mid-Air Madness
Offered by Surplus Trade Supplies

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell off the wall, and the motor failed, 31 Dec. 2012
I don't like giving negative reviews, but this has gone back, and will not be replaced like for like. It wouldn't stay on the wall when the motor switched on, and then the motor failed - Ok, it stuck to the wall at this stage, but it was a just that bit too late!!! Fail, and return!

Smiffy's Ninja Costume - Red/Black, Medium
Smiffy's Ninja Costume - Red/Black, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, but not durable for more than a couple of wears, 31 Dec. 2012
This product is great if your child has a theme day, and you don't want to break the bank. However, if you have a budding Ninja, (a secret one in our case) then you may wish to search a bit harder for something that will last more than 1 day of ninja kicks!!! It's a plain all in one, with ties and a placard, not easy to go to the bathroom in, and similarly invonvenient for a small child if the straps holding the legs up, fall down - as the child will inevitably fall over their own feet!! All being said - it did the job we needed it to, and our little ninja has said he wasn't going to suffer for fashion and has since decided that being able to use the loo is more important than being a secret Ninja!

10m x 1m ROLL HEXAGONAL CHICKEN WIRE MESH. 25mm HOLE. FENCING PETS POULTRY CROPS

5.0 out of 5 stars did what I needed it to, 30 Oct. 2012
Arrived promptly, and is now being used to keep my puppy in his pen! Not sure how long before he leanrs to jump over the top, but does what it needs to.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product - bit dubious of the wake up to radio, 20 Aug. 2012
Bought this for myself to replace my 'Sony Dream Cube' (so old it was the analogue version!) Am loving the number of channels, the DAB is crystal clear, an it's actually quite easy to use.

I agree with the comments about the number of buttons - very easy to do the wrong thing if you're not paying attention, and turning the radio on everytime to adjust the alarms if annoying, but livable with. My bugbear is that I enjoy waking up slowly to the radio, and the DAB with increasing sound is great when you want to snooze, or turn it straight off...... If you want to lie in bed, and listen to it for a while, it just keeps increasing in volume - which gets rather tedious!!

On the whole though, the pluses far outway the minuses. 4 stars. (1 deducted for the alarm function)

Page: 1 | 2