ARRAY(0xac6e59e4)

I Heart Hollywood
I Heart Hollywood
by Lindsey Kelk

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the 'I heart NY' but..., 30 April 2010
This review is from: I Heart Hollywood (Paperback)
I LOVED IT!!

You learnt that little bit extra about the same characters from 'I heart NY' and thats what I loved about it!

I can't wait for I heart Paris!!!

Songs of the Humpback Whale
Songs of the Humpback Whale
by Jodi Picoult
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the other reviews!!, 30 April 2010
I actually bought this book when doing my shopping one day and being nosy I came on to read the reviews and was disappointed by what I seen.

I started to read the book and it took me AGES to get into it. Truth be told this particular book I picked up read a couple of chapters, sat aside, forgot about it, found it again and repeated the same pattern of reading the same chapters and forgetting about it for months.

I believe this to be the way that Picoult has written the story, with flashbacks from the past present and future. However this actually turned out to be a redeeming quality and part of the reason, why when I actually sat down and devoted time to the book, that I couldn't put it down!!

Rebecca's story is telling the story from the future and working her way back to the present day. It was an interesting quirk and I think that is what was pulling me through reading this! I just had to know what had happened to Rebecca!

So give the book a chance. It's not as good as her other books but it is different and given a chance, a really good book on its own!

Plain Truth
Plain Truth
by Jodi Picoult

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 30 April 2010
This review is from: Plain Truth (Paperback)
I have read numerous Jodi Picoult's book and anything I say will never do them justice!!

Plain truth is a fantastic read. I enjoyed learning all about the Amish culture and the character's. There was times in the book that I was frustrated with the way the story was going and I wanted it to be told so much quicker. In Hindsight though, I am glad that Picoult spent the time telling the story the way she has, it led for a much more emotional ending.

The Gift
The Gift
by Cecelia Ahern

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great.., 2 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Gift (Paperback)
I love Celia Ahern - my favourite being 'Where Rainbows End'. 'The Gift' was the only book I had never got around to reading and I wish I had left it that way.

The story is incredibly sad but only the last chapter. The rest is unbelievable, like most of her books. However, this time it didn't transport me into another time or place like 'A place called here' or even make me remotely believe any of this could happen in real life. Instead I found Gabe creepy, Lou was an idiot, his wife annoyed me, I felt sorry for his family (mum, dad and brother) but at the same time didn't think any one of them had a scrap of decency.

I would urge you to read it for yourself, if only for the ending and the sub story of the policeman, police woman and the young boy running through it - would have loved to have read more about them.

Not the best book, but passed the time.

Lots of Love
Lots of Love
by Fiona Walker
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, 2 Jan 2010
This review is from: Lots of Love (Paperback)
Literally read this book in 6 hours - could not put it down!!

It was long, but the twists and turns in the story, kept me from realising the time - so I was shocked to see it was 5.30am in the morning!!
Funny, flirty, fabulous and most of all enchanting! Who knew living in the country could be so exciting!!

The Vampire Diaries: Volume 1: The Awakening & The Struggle (Books 1 & 2)
The Vampire Diaries: Volume 1: The Awakening & The Struggle (Books 1 & 2)
by L J Smith
Price: 4.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it a try..., 2 Jan 2010
I received this book as a present and was not 100% sure about reading it, being a huge fan of the twilight saga!!

However, I was not dissapointed. A little bit darker than twilight, but you can see where Meyers got her inspiration - vampire gone good. I finished the book and started watching the television series - which I have to say is much better!!

Worth a look!

I Heart New York
I Heart New York
by Lindsey Kelk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Exciting!!, 2 Jan 2010
This review is from: I Heart New York (Paperback)
For anyone who has been to New York, dreams of going or has been wronged by a man!!

Someone To Watch Over Me: The True Tale of a Survivor Haunted by the Demons of Abuse
by Robert Potter
Price: 6.26

5.0 out of 5 stars ..., 29 Aug 2008
Izzy Hamond's story is incredibly sad and at times extremely frustrating. The abuse she suffered at the hands of her birth father was atrocious and why Social Services never picked up on this and investigated into why Izzy was acting out is beyond me. I feel incredibly sorry that she never got to meet her birth mother again in person.
I only hope everything works out well for Izzy and all her family.

It is a heartbreaking read, I read it in 4 hours. I just could not put it down.

Somebody Else's Kids
Somebody Else's Kids
by Torey Hayden
Price: 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Aug 2008
This review is from: Somebody Else's Kids (Paperback)
A truly heartwarming ending to a incredible sad, inspiring and uplifting story. Proving that anyone can make a difference.

Betrayed
Betrayed
by Lyndsey Harris
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 29 Aug 2008
This review is from: Betrayed (Mass Market Paperback)
I took this book on holiday with me, I could not put it down and read it in two days, before all my friends stole it off me.

Although practically from the beginning of the book, it was obvious who was betraying the family, as there was far too many mentions of the person. It was incredibly fascinating, and hard to believe that a family could go through this.