Profile for AndyH > Reviews

AndyH

Sharkoon Combo eSATA HDD
Sharkoon Combo eSATA HDD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good HD Docking Station, 18 Jan. 2015
We have several old PC hard drives we need to access or use as backups. I went for eSATA as the speed compared to USB is faster and my PC case/motherboard has eSATA ports. It has worked with all of the hard drives I've tested so far (3.5" IDE, 3.5" SATA, 2.5" laptop SATA). The wires for IDE are a little awkward as it means the drive is not sat nicely in the cradle, but this is a minor comment. Delivery was when the seller said it would be and the packaging was secure.

Dell Power Supply 235W **Refurbished**, F235E-00, L235P-01, H235P-00, H235E (**Refurbished**)
Offered by MoreFrom

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes economic sense and easy to fit, 18 Jan. 2015
We have had several power supplies fail on Dell OptiPlex 960 SFF computers. These computers are relatively new (2 years old),so rather than buy a new PC, I decided to purchase a new power supply. This makes sense, rather than spending £600 on an equivalent PC, the cost was a lot less. The power supply was easy to fit and worked straight away.

Xavax Torre Coffee Capsule Rack for Nespresso
Xavax Torre Coffee Capsule Rack for Nespresso

5.0 out of 5 stars Is exactly what it says, 18 Jan. 2015
Useful gadget for storing the Nespresso cartridges. Does exactly what it says. Delivery was on time, packaging was secure.

SanDisk SDSDQU-064G-FFP Ultra 64 GB Class 10 Micro SD Card with SD Adapter - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin, 1 Mar. 2014
I bought 2 of these, one for my camera and one for my phone. The one in my camera was for putting in my phone so I could upload images to social media sites when I didn't have access to a computer. The one for my phone so I could have all my music and images stored on it.
Both devices worked straight from the off so cannot complain about it. The only thing I would recommend is that any card reader you try and use can read this type of micro SD card. Luckily I have my phone which can and the second of my two card readers on my PC also can. However the built-in card reader in my PC case or laptop cannot.

Biz-E-Bee Exclusive Samsung Galaxy S III (S3) 'Green Gecko' (L) - Shock Resistant Neoprene case, cover, pouch
Offered by Biz-E-Bee

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the Price, 21 Aug. 2012
Had a flip open case for my Galaxy, but never got on with them and was afraid the hinge would break. Therefore started looking for a sock like my previous HTC Desire.

Was just looking for a cheap basic sock.

First the bad. The neoprene layers were a different thickness (front thinner that back). The rubber seemed to stick to the phone slightly meanign it didn't slip in and out easily. This can be a good thing (keeps hold of phone) and a bad (difficult to get out quickly). The stitching was uneven between sides. Finally it does smell of rubber, not surprising as it contains neoprene!

Now the good. It was cheap and does the job I bought it for so can't complain. The pattern looks quite funky. Service was quick and I received the sock the day after I ordered it. Please bear in mind that it doesn't come with a clasp for the opening so you have to be careful how you carry it, not up-side-down! However my previous sock didn't have one of those either so am used to it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product for the Price, 21 Aug. 2012
Had a flip open case for my Galaxy, but never got on with them and afraid the hinge would break. Therefore started looking for a sock which is the type of carrier I had for my previous Desire. This was recommended by a work colleague.

It has a nice feel about it and appears good quality. I was surprised with this as it is so cheap. The phone fits in it OK, although I beleive if you have a silicone rubber protective case it can be a bit tight (colleagues experience). The phone slips in and out easily. The only problem I have is with the clasp. It has a small bead that fits through a loop on the other side of the opening. This can be a bit tight and not a quick thing to do up/loosen. It would have been easier if the loop without the bead was an elasticated cord, it would make it so much easier to engage the clasp. Doesn't lose a star for this as I never had a clasp on my previous phone sock so was not looking for one. Also for this price you can't really complain.

In summary an excellent product for a very good price.

Sony DRGA200.AE Gaming Headset
Sony DRGA200.AE Gaming Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Headset, 3 Jun. 2012
Bought these to replace an old set of Logitech headphones which I found after a long period were causing me discomfort over the top of my head where the band was. Headtset is comfortable. Not used the microphone yet, but folds heatly out of the way. It is fixed in its position, but hopefully the pickup will be OK. The in-line remote works ok. The only problem with it is that even when fully turned down the sound never disappears, i.e. you can never completely mute the sound without going to the source. They look nice and smart too. They don't completely enclose your ears so be prepared for some sound leakage from outside sources. However this is not a problem for me for where my computer is.
However a funky looking, nice set of headphones.

The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not tried it yet, 4 May 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) (CD-ROM)
The game has received excellent reviews so thought I would try it for myself and my girlfriend as it seems mroe of a game she would like. Good fun.

Classikool 16 Inch Cake Box & Square Cake Board / Drum [FREE UK Post]
Classikool 16 Inch Cake Box & Square Cake Board / Drum [FREE UK Post]
Offered by Classikool® Luxury without expensive packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was exactly what I wanted, 4 May 2012
Used the tray for a cake I baked for my then girlfriend, but after the cake - fiance! Baked a 'Will you Marry Me' cake and she said yes so excellent product. The closed box added an extra element of surprise.