Profile for BenRobinson > Reviews

Trust Stylus Graphics Tablet - Grey
Trust Stylus Graphics Tablet - Grey
Offered by trendy-tronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, 4 Sept. 2013
I didn't buy my design tablet from Amazon, but thought I would leave a review for everyone on here!

First off, this is my first tablet, and I am new to the digital art world.

The tablet itself is very slim and light, and surprisingly bigger than I imagined. It works as a plug and play mouse, but the drivers take just a few minutes to download right off the internet.

Pressure sensitivity is fantastic, at points I am forgetting that I'm drawing on a screen!!

You can disable all/some hotkeys if preferred, and enlarge the responding area which is nice as I got sick of opening excel when trying to draw.

Some people have been commenting on its functionality as a mouse. I in-fact, prefer it to using my mouse!

On the whole, fantastic product at a very reasonable price. Would definitely buy from Trust again!

Gear 4 HouseParty Rise Wireless Speaker Dock with UK/EU Adapter for iPod, iPhone and iPad - Black
Offered by DeviceFun

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, 1 Aug. 2013
By far the worst wireless speaker I have EVER heard, never mind owned. I returned the next day as I was so disappointed with the product. The sound is just awful, I couldn't even listen to one track start to finish.

Should have known better, and this is the last product I will ever even consider buying from gear4.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2014 4:47 PM BST

Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1 inch Tablet with Keyboard/Dock - Champagne Gold (Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core 1.3GHz, RAM 1GB, Storage 32GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 4.0)
Offered by Xtreme

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of technology, the way forward!, 5 July 2012
I was slightly sceptical when switching my laptop for this android based device, and I thought it would only be fair to wait a few weeks after purchasing this computer to write a solid review.First of all, I've got to say this is the most amazing computer I have EVER owned! Everything about the whole computer is just flawless.

Audio
The sound output on this machine is very impressive. The inbuilt (mono) speaker packs a very good punch and decent volume, with a very wide sound stage especially for such a small speaker. When using a pair of headphones however the performance varies. When using a pair of in ear headphones, the experience is above average, but when I plugged in my pair of Sennheiser HD650's the volume really was lacking. Although the quality was still fantastic, I just felt the Asus lacked punch and power. Furthermore, when I plugged the asus into a power-amp it sounded beautiful and to be honest, found it difficult to distinguish between FUBAR DAC which I recently purchased. So overall, a very good audio experience.

Video
As the Prime comes with IPS+, as you would expect the screen looks very nice, with vibrant colours and exceptional outdoor usage. You can clearly see the screen in glare but I am not sure yet how the IPS+ setting effects the battery life as it is rarely needed.

Battery Life
I am astonished with the battery life of this computer. It has the power to complete tasks much faster than my previous Packard Bell and Dell laptops, but it just never ever seems to run out of juice! I can use the "tablet" with a great deal of use for 3 days before thinking about having to plug the charger in.

Build
I love the aluminium finish of the prime. Although it says "grey" on the box, the prime does look purple, but I suppose this is due to the way in which the metallic build is processed. The tablet feels very sturdy and comfortable to hold. The one niggle I have is with where the speaker is placed. Sometimes when you hold the tabled you block the speaker with your hand which muffles the sound. The keyboard is also of exceptional quality. The keys are easy to press and you get used to the smaller keyboard after a few days from moving from a larger keyboard.

Software
One of the things I liked about the pre installed software is Polaris Office, as this is a very useful application and not cheap to buy from the marketplace. Conversly, after installing google chrome, I discovered that the skip track quick access buttons stopped working. Just a minor fault and I'm not entirely sure if this is a problem with asus or google.

My final note is about customer service. There has been many rumours that the aluminium of the prime significantly reduces the WiFi and GPS performance of the machine. Well, I must say, my prime receives BETTER signal from my wireless router posted at the opposite end of my house than my previously owned laptops, and to my suprise is generally faster! The GPS however is a different story, which is VERY slow and refuses to connect most of the time in less that 5-10 minutes. HOWEVER, Asus have addressed this problem, and will send you a FREE GPS kit to you which works perfectly. They sent me the item right away and it arrived in a matter of days. 50* + For Asus on customer service.

Overall this is a very very good computer and I would recommend anyone to buy one. PS I wrote this whole review on the tablet.