Profile for Joel Meadows > Reviews

Content by Joel Meadows

Joel Meadows "tripwire" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook
Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook
by Mary Berry

4.0 out of 5 stars A collection of classic recipes, 9 May 2013
Berry has always cooked simply yet sophisticatedly and my mum, who I bought this for, spent hours poring through its pages

Blankets
Blankets
by Craig Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Blankets (Paperback)
Blankets is a semi autobiographical work of genius, deserved of the many awards it received when it was first published

Specter At The Feast
Specter At The Feast

4.0 out of 5 stars Another grower of an album, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Specter At The Feast (Audio CD)
BRMC have come back with another album that you like the more you listen to it. It's a mystery why they aren't bigger…

Apple iPad 2 16GB (Black, Wi-Fi Only) - Genuine UK Stock
Apple iPad 2 16GB (Black, Wi-Fi Only) - Genuine UK Stock
Offered by 5 StarCo

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice tablet, 7 April 2013
This is the first tablet I have owned and I am impressed with its battery life and its ease of use

Boardwalk Empire - Season 1 (HBO) [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Boardwalk Empire - Season 1 (HBO) [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Steve Buscemi

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite TV series in recent years, 24 Jan. 2013
A brilliant TV series, one of the best in recent years with some fantastic performances and a great script and I had to own it on Blu-ray

Vivanco DC2 Blu-Ray Lens Cleaner
Vivanco DC2 Blu-Ray Lens Cleaner

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't help me, 24 Jan. 2013
Unfortunately this product didn't work for me but this is no reflection on this particular product as my Blu-ray player isn't working and it spits out any DVD I put in it. So I fear that the player is beyond simple help

Mini Universal Studio Soft Box Flash Diffuser for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, Sigma, Minolta Metz Sigma Sunpak,BV & Jo, Other External Flash Units,YN-460,YN-465,YN-560,580ex,420ex,380ex,430ex,SB-900,SB-800,SB-600.
Offered by BV-electronics

1.0 out of 5 stars No instructions, 24 Jan. 2013
I am afraid that I got the product in good time but with not even basic instructions or even an image to show how you fit the flash diffuser onto the external flash, I am at a loss to known how to fit it on. I tried to use the loose rubber band that came with the item but I managed to break one of the plastic things that I assume you have to slip it through to be able to fit it on. I know it was a cheap item but I am afraid I am not particularly impressed

WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 1TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Value_Deal

4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable external hard drive, 19 Aug. 2012
Perfect portable external hard drive that I have been using for Time Machine on my Mac. Hard to believe that something this big memory-wise would have been huge a few years ago...

Epson Stylus Sx235W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy and Scan)

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst scanners I've ever owned, 27 July 2012
I ordered the Epson SX235W because I wanted to save space and have an all-in-one rather than a scanner and a printer. Well, after only having it for a couple of weeks, I am returning it and getting another make and machine. It states that you can use it with Wi Fi but when I disconnect the USB lead, both the scanner and the printer are not recognised. Also I have owned a lot of scanners over the years and this one is the worst I have ever owned. It won't scan and all it does is crash the programme every time I want to scan something. I'm not sure if these problems are just because I use a Mac but this is unacceptable. I feel like I want to take a hammer to the machine every time I use it. I am hoping my review will stop others from making the same mistake...

Brewer's Dictionary of London Phrase and Fable
Brewer's Dictionary of London Phrase and Fable
by Russ Willey

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable for lovers of London, 18 Feb. 2010
I have owned the regular Brewers Book of Phrase and Fable for almost a decade now and I didn't even realise that they published a London-specific book. I was looking for another book when I came across this one. It's a brilliant, well-researched guide to every aspect of the Big Smoke you'd want in a single volume. Just like the London Encyclopaedia, it's a volume you'll go to to look one thing up and find yourself sidetracked by another entry. Simply and clearly designed and edited, it's a must for people's bookshelves. Worth every penny...

Page: 1 | 2