Profile for Pantsman > Reviews

Genuine Stihl Round Mowing Line 2.4mm x 87m
Genuine Stihl Round Mowing Line 2.4mm x 87m
Offered by Country Gardening

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and no issues with no spool, 23 Aug 2012
I bought this after having bought some cheaper line which broke constantly and was swayed by the reviews - I wasn't disappointed and even though I did't really need 87m, as it is so robust, it will last a really long time...!

I have used this on some tough weeds such as thistles as a test (where I'd usually use the brush cutter blade) and it did really well. I then tried it on lawn edging on concrete which was a sure fire way to break my last line - this didn't and all that happened was the line frayed a little bit, but still didn't break - unbelievable! I really can't rate this product highly enough.

The negatives seem to be posted by people who wanted a spool - sure, it'd be easier if it was on a spool, but this shouldn't deter you - an easy way around this is to undo the packaging, remove the ties from the line and place back into the pack having poked out the line from the INSIDE of the coil into the hole that is in the plastic - it doesn't explain this on the packaging, but it looks obvious enough to me and the pack is designed to be re-closed. You then pull out the length you need - easy and no tangles.

So good and so tough, I'm afraid that it'll be a long time until Stihl gets my return custom....!

Summer Infant Seat Back Protector
Summer Infant Seat Back Protector

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the job, 19 Dec 2011
As other reviewers have commented, you can fit these to the seats OK, but the vertical sits flap out away from the seat that they're supposed to be protecting, meaning that the little tikes can still mess up the seats! Have ordered some elastic to bodge a job and put around the seats to hold properly in place. Not good, but then I didn't seem to be able to find any that really are up to the job....

Prem-I-Air 2Kw Oscillating, Electronic LCD Display Ceramic Heater & Cool Air Fan + Remote Control + Timer Function
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars Rapid, safe and efficient, 19 Dec 2011
For such a cheap heater, I wasn't expecting too much, but this really is excellent, I'm glad I didn't throw money at the problem! I use this in a large attic and it heats up the room rapidly. It is extremely flexible in terms of settings and very easy to use (aside from each time you turn it off and on again, you have to re-select the heat option I guess with safety in mind). Another feature which I really love is an automatic cut off switch that turns off the unit if it is no longer upright on its base - useful if children and/or pets may accidentally knock it over. It's early days, so let's hope it is reliable and lasts.

Really swift delivery from the seller too.

Advance Tapes AT 170 Gaffa - Black
Advance Tapes AT 170 Gaffa - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tape, 19 Dec 2011
This tape just really is excellent - non-stretch, waterproof, incredibly strong, but easy to tear. Bought for a specific job, but is so utilitarian that I've ordered some more to keep in the tool shed.

Sony XDRC706DBP DAB+/DAB Digital Clock Radio
Sony XDRC706DBP DAB+/DAB Digital Clock Radio
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Sony...., 1 Nov 2011
Brilliant little clock radio to replace a FM alarm clock that I got fed up of resetting after power outages!

The display is ultra clear and is able to be dimmed effectively for night. More importantly, the display is able to be viewed at all angles. The sound is also pretty good and, in my opinion, not a compromise made on the small speaker size. The ability to set a number of different alarms and for weekdays only avoids those unexpected wake up calls on a Saturday morning! Set up is dead easy and pretty intuitive.

My only minor gripe is that there are no station preset buttons to press once to move between your favourites - you have to go into a sub-menu to alter stations. This is no issue if you only listen to one station, but if you have several favourites, it's a consideration.

All-in-all, I would thoroughly recommend.

Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones
Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones
Offered by OnlineSavings

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeps cutting out with minimal movement, 1 Nov 2011
A bit disappointed with these.... The synch with iphone is a cinch, the fit and sound is good, but having followed all of the advice on having your iphone in your left jacket pocket for optimum results, the synch is lost with a small head movement!!!! So, OK for trains when you're sat still, but unworkable when moving - I can't believe it's meant to be like this, so maybe mine is just faulty....?

Exogear Exomount All Surface Universal Car Mount GPS - Black
Exogear Exomount All Surface Universal Car Mount GPS - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Strong, but hard to find ideal position, 1 Nov 2011
Having read other reviews, I decided to buy this for use in my car. I agree with other reviewers that this is strong, will stay in place and does vibrate a bit (but that's the car and not the mount!), so it does do what it says on the tin and is more flexible than most others on the market (for instance if you change phones, etc, you won't have to buy another bespoke mount).

My main grumble with this is that it's great if you want to mount it to the windscreen or dash, but it could do with another flexible joint as an option, as you cannot mount it on a vertical surface and have your device facing you - it will always be on an angle. For me then, no use on the centre console of my car. Just check this out before you buy and if you want it on an angle, then it gets 5.

California Car Scents Arctic Ice
California Car Scents Arctic Ice
Offered by Babz Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Nauseating!, 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: California Car Scents Arctic Ice
Bought this as car was a bit musty.... Placed in car and had to pull over to get rid of it - the scent made me feel sick!

The Bloke's Guide To Pregnancy
The Bloke's Guide To Pregnancy
by Jon Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bloke's Guide to Pregnancy, 3 April 2008
I ordered this book and then read the negative reviews that it had been given..... I disagree with these - the book is tops! Despite being labelled as "simplistic" and "sexist" - it isn't! I have good medical knowledge, but this book contains the right amount of detail for most, but importantly, explains to men why things are the way they are - you don't get this from the medical books!

If you want something to summarise the progress that your partner is going through in terms of behavioural changes then this hits the nail on the head - it is easy reading, light-hearted, informative and amusing. Sure, it doesn not give you all the preparation you need, but it never claims to!

Enjoy.