Profile for Ms. T. M. Baker > Reviews

Content by Ms. T. M. Baker

Ms. T. M. Baker "Bookmad" (London)

Renaissance - Music For Inner Peace
Renaissance - Music For Inner Peace
Price: 14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing and hugely enjoyable, 26 Feb 2012
I saw this CD mentioned on the TV and decided to buy it. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting peace and calm (who doesn't)? It is truly magical and tranquil and can, if you allow it, transport you to another sphere. It is a compilation of choral and orchesteral works and I thoroughly recommend it.

It's Complicated [DVD] (2009)
It's Complicated [DVD] (2009)
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.13

5.0 out of 5 stars A feel good film, 9 July 2011
I saw this film at the cinema and hugely enjoyed it, so I purchased the DVD to watch again at my leisure. It is very worthwhile

Dyson DC26 City Multi Floor Ultra-lightweigh Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC26 City Multi Floor Ultra-lightweigh Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by thurgo - ltd
Price: 229.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful product, 17 April 2011
I have owned and used an upright Dyson for over ten years and have loved it. However, it recently broke down due to my fault, and as it was an old model I decided to go for this more compact style. This little Dyson is excellent for any flat dweller short of storage space and it has amazing vacuuming power. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and the only drawback (I find) is the long trunk. However, I would recommend it to anyone wanting a reliable but compact cleaner.

Acts of Violence
Acts of Violence
by Ryan David Jahn

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and thought provoking thriller, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Acts of Violence (Paperback)
I heard about the accolades given to this author and book last year and decided to read it myself. It is well written, although anxiety provoking in parts, especially as it is based on a true story. I recommend anyone who is interested to give it a try.

Operation Mincemeat: The True Spy Story That Changed the Course of World War II
Operation Mincemeat: The True Spy Story That Changed the Course of World War II
by Ben Macintyre
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars A thrilling, true life read, 14 Nov 2010
I saw the film on which this book is based many years ago, but there is no comparison as this non fiction story is exciting as well as very interesting. The minutiae of detail is ruthlessly gone into and I could understand its being necessary in 2010, but 1943? It is an eye opener and well worth reading.

Superman II [DVD] [1981]
Superman II [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ Gene Hackman
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 5.68

5.0 out of 5 stars I have bought this as a birthday gift, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: Superman II [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
I feel unable to review this as I have bought it as a birthday gift and the recipient has yet to receive it, but I am sure it will be much appreciated!

The Riddle of Birdhurst Rise: the Croydon Poisoning Mystery
The Riddle of Birdhurst Rise: the Croydon Poisoning Mystery
by Richard Whittington-Egan

5.0 out of 5 stars If only present day crimes were this well researched, 25 May 2009
I read this book some 20 years ago and passed it onto a friend who never returned the book, so I was delighted for the opportunity to re-read it. I've not been disappointed as the story teller holds the imagination to the very end. For readers of true crime, I heartily endorse this book. Hugely enjoyable and mystifying. It re-creates what life must have been like when these murders took place.