Profile for dizzyhalo > Reviews

dizzyhalo

Merrell Women's Siena Red Slides Sandal J36842 6 UK
Merrell Women's Siena Red Slides Sandal J36842 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars llovely, 17 Oct 2012
I bought a blue pair of these from Jones in Glasgow in May and have worn them with everything. They are very comfortable and very pretty. I can honestly say I have never had people comment on my footwear before but total strangers have said how nice they look. I love them so splashed out on the pink pair too!

Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
by Judith Durant

4.0 out of 5 stars great..., 11 Mar 2012
Another great staple and a definite enhancement for my growing library. plenty of lovely projects. I love this series of books and this one is as good as the others. I am working through my stash....

Dualit 90200 DAB Lite Radio Chrome
Dualit 90200 DAB Lite Radio Chrome

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic?, 27 Sep 2011
Hm. I bought this as a gift and assumed it was going to be a metal casing but was disappointed when I saw it as it is made of silver plastic. Not what I was expecting from Dualit!!!

Nursery Rhymes
Nursery Rhymes
by Kate Toms
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars all the favourites., 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: Nursery Rhymes (Board book)
We loved this book. I saw it at the library and it is just crammed with all the favourites from childhood in a lovely clear format.

The Knitter's Gift: An Inspirational Bag of Words, Wisdom and Craft
The Knitter's Gift: An Inspirational Bag of Words, Wisdom and Craft
by Bernadette Murphy

4.0 out of 5 stars A gentle read..., 27 Sep 2011
I liked this book as a stroll through life and its varying emotions via knitting. Written by an American and therefore with Americanised prose it nonetheless was a good read. A few patterns but not a pattern book by any means. The section on reading through grief was particularly poignant and underlined how we use our craft in times of trouble but that sometimes coming back to it is an indicator that we are getting back on track. I liked it.

Little Luxury Knits: 20 Accessories in Rowan's Kidsilk Yarns: 20 Rowan Kidsilk Accessories
by Alison Crowther-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars innovative and beautiful, 27 Sep 2011
As a knitter who likes things to be simple and clear this has my highest rating. The patterns are beautiful and without fail I think I would want to knit each and every item. The yarns recommended are stunning and worth buying for the best results. The innovation of knitting several yarns together so that they blend is beautiful with the kidsilk. Having never tried beading this gave me confidence to try and the result was stunning belying the simplicity. I loved this book!