Profile for Mum of 3 and year 2 teacher > Reviews

Content by Mum of 3 and y...

Mum of 3 and year 2 teacher (west mids uk)

Red Top Fly Trap
Red Top Fly Trap
Offered by Quickvet - specialists in 24 hour delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!, 26 Aug 2010
I bought this a couple of weeks ago as we have chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs in our garden so our conservatory had become the place for flies to meet! We couldn't sit or eat in there as there were so many flies, we couldn't leave the door into the house open as the flies would go off to explore and cooking was a nightmare BUT after reading the reviews here I decided it was worth a go. Easy to set up, hung on the fence at the back of the garden and is now full of flies, we have had the odd fly who has ventured into the conservatory but that is it! The chicken coop is fly free, the house is fly free!
I am just about to buy a second so I can continue this fly free living! If like me the flies were making your life uncomfortable do not delay buy one now!

Evolution Revolution
Evolution Revolution
by Robert Winston

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, 5 April 2009
This review is from: Evolution Revolution (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 8 year old son after he showed an interest in Darwin {he had been watching the series on TV} There were various book on offer for his age but when I saw this one written by Robert Winston I knew it would be worth the money ~ guess what I was right! Clearly written, great illustrations, answered my son's questions in a way I couldn't. His dad and grandad have also been seen reading it and learning from it. My son really likes how the animals have evolved and he is teaching us a thing or two!

The Gooey, Chewy, Rumble, Plop Book
The Gooey, Chewy, Rumble, Plop Book
by Steve Alton & Nick Sharratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 5 April 2009
I bought this book to use with my year 2 class during a digestion lesson. It has become a firm class favourite especially as the tongue feels real [yuck!] and the last page features the boy sitting on the toilet. Although there are many flaps it is well made and with many interesting facts. Worth every penny!

Oliver: Oliver's Fruit Salad
Oliver: Oliver's Fruit Salad
by Alison Bartlett

5.0 out of 5 stars fab colourful book, 14 Feb 2009
This is a wonderful book, my own children love it and my year 2 class adored it. We used it during a topic on food. The previous week we had read Oliver's vegetables. The illustrations are bright and lively and the text perfect for young children to engage with.

The Twin Giants
The Twin Giants
by Dick King-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for reading aloud, 14 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Twin Giants (Paperback)
I read this book to my year 2 class after seeing it on a list for getting boys into reading. The whole class really enjoyed it, it was easy to read aloud and they begged to see the colourful pictures. It now sits on my shelf for the children to read independently.