Profile for Diane Komorowski > Reviews

by Hilary Robinson
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for developing readers, 12 Jun 2012
This was the book that helped my daughter realise she COULD read. Better still she's developing a sense humour in her story telling skills. she loves making up funny stories that make no sense and, because there are so many options to put together, she can make up a new story time after time. It's brilliant!

Samsung HF1000 Micehlangelo Bluetooth In Car Visor Kit
Samsung HF1000 Micehlangelo Bluetooth In Car Visor Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, 6 Mar 2012
This little piece of kit is really very good indeed. It is small, easy to use and has amazing battery life. I've been using it for a week now, it's rarely been switched off (because I forget when I get out of the car) and the battery is still over 80% charged. Better still it uses the same charger as my samsung mobile so I can charge it up in the house and don't have to try to charge it using the car charger. The sound quality is excellent and someone I know who is deaf has been impressed with how clear it sounds when I speak to them on it. It's really simple to connect the phone to and really easy to use. I've found the sound quality is better when the kit is installed between the visor and the car roof (which means you can leave it in the car when it is unattended because it is not obvious fixed like this).

There are two very minor things that prevent it getting a 5* rating:

1. It doesn't always connect to the phone if you leave it switched on when you leave the car - this is soon rectified by switching it off and on again

2. I find the downside with installing it between the visor and the roof is that on sunny days when I put the visor back I end up making a call!

Apart from these two minor issues it's a very good bit of kit for the price and means I probably won't go to the expense of paying for bluetooth when I get a new car!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 Mar 2012
When the item came through, the box said it had a windscreen mount. There was no windscreen mount. Furthermore there are no instructions in the pack and, if you have not positioned your mount correctly you cannot remove it without breaking it! It basically does the job but if you buy a new car you WILL need to get a new mount.

Flexiguard
Flexiguard
Offered by NURSERY THYME
Price: 26.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great as a temporary barrier, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: Flexiguard (Baby Product)
We got this "gate" for my daughter when she moved into her own bed to keep her in her own bedroom until it was morning. We never intended it to be a regular gate and removed it for the day every morning. It did the trick, kept her in her own room and stopped her disturbing her baby brother (out of curiosity and love more than anything else) and letting everyone else in the house sleep in beyond 5.30am! Then for the rest of the day, when we were upstairs she had access to her bedroom. It worked so well, that now her baby brother is old enough to be moving to his own bed we'll definitely be using it again.

The only problem we found was that in order to make it a secure barrier to a determined toddler we had to make sure it was really fastened tight. As a result we broke it when we tried to fit it to a different door in the house - it seems to provide the best seal when you keep it for just one door which is a bit of a problem for the travel aspect of the "gate". I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5 and will buy a new one for my son.

Groov-e GV590PW Kids DJ Style Headphone - Pink
Groov-e GV590PW Kids DJ Style Headphone - Pink
Offered by DiscountDiscs
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish they were more durable, 28 Dec 2011
With relatively light use, these headphones have lasted about 12 months beforethe cord has started to come away from the headphones. I'm expecting them to go any day now and am ordering a replacement.

On the positive side, these are small enough to fit a three-year old but go large enough that her Dad can borrow them too. They are very comfy and play sounds at a sensible volume that isn't going to destroy hearing but will be audible! just wish they were more durable!

IPOD SHUFFLE BASS BUDDY POP-OPEN SPEAKERS SYSTEM PINK FOR APPLE PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars It shouldn't be possible, 28 Dec 2011
No speaker this small or this well-priced should be able to produce this good a sound quality. THe volume can be really loud (if required) or quite low (which is ideal for my daughter to go to sleep to). The speaker (at low volume) lasts over 13 hours but not much more. The good news is though, if we forget to charge the speaker it will work whilst charging up, although the red led can be a little intrusive in a dark bedroom. My daughter loves it. it is so much better than any previous speakers we have had.

Slumbersac SIMPLY Baby Sleeping Bag 2.5 Tog - Blue Stripes Jersey, 12-36 months
Slumbersac SIMPLY Baby Sleeping Bag 2.5 Tog - Blue Stripes Jersey, 12-36 months
Offered by Slumbersac Trading Co Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Dec 2011
There aren't many sleeping bags that go up to 3 yrs old and my little boy struggles to keep a duvet on he wriggles so much. this is excellent for times when we are camping or when it is cold and i don't want to risk him getting cold in the night.

Just bear in mind if your little one is on the small side, it is quite easy for smaller children to get their arms out of the arm holes! Mine managed it!

CHILDREN'S PLAYING CARDS - FOUR PACK
CHILDREN'S PLAYING CARDS - FOUR PACK
Offered by Love Bargainz
Price: 2.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Dec 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I was disappointed with this card set. The cards stick together and make it very difficult for little hands to manage to fan them out.

On the plus side the instructions are clear and easy to understand and the games are good fun for young children.

10 Second Sermons: ... and even Quicker Illustrations
10 Second Sermons: ... and even Quicker Illustrations
by Milton Jones
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny because the observations are so so true!, 28 Dec 2011
Full of very pithy, accurate comments on the world from the point of view of a Christian. Quick, to the point and gets the message home very quickly.

Toshiba NB200-12U 10.1-Inch Netbook (Atom N280 1.66  GHz Processor, 1  GB RAM, 160  GB HDD, Up To 4 Hours Battery Life, Windows XP Home, Black)
Toshiba NB200-12U 10.1-Inch Netbook (Atom N280 1.66 GHz Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Up To 4 Hours Battery Life, Windows XP Home, Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite disappointed, 2 Nov 2011
There are some really great things about this machine - it's compact enough to fit into a reasonably sized handbag and it runs pretty reliably but (and it's a bit BUT)

1. It is very slow. It takes forever to load things up and is defintely not powerful enough to be your main computer.
2. The screen is too small. Too many web pages cannot fit their full width onto the screen which makes for very annoying levels of scrolling.
3. The touchpad isn't very responsive.

This is fine for travel where you're needing to keep ontop of emails or brief access to work but for most purposes I would recommend a slightly bigger and definitely more powerful laptop.

Page: 1 | 2