Profile for James G > Reviews

Content by James G

James G

Page: 1 | 2
Cobra Kai Mens Yellow T-Shirt (Medium)
Cobra Kai Mens Yellow T-Shirt (Medium)
Offered by HotScamp T-Shirts

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought a M despite being a L and it ..., 5 Sep 2014
I bought a M despite being a L and it fits (just). Need to shed a little more weight though me thinks.
Lovely quality though and print. No complaints.

Friedland Mini Alarms ML3 Magnetic Door/ Window Alarms
Friedland Mini Alarms ML3 Magnetic Door/ Window Alarms

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Sep 2014
Perfect. Very loud. No more son escaping without our knowledge (or blessing!)

STAR WARS LEGO Wall Art Mural Sticker Decal FREE P&P
STAR WARS LEGO Wall Art Mural Sticker Decal FREE P&P

2.0 out of 5 stars Actual size of lego..., 5 Sep 2014
The quality of these are good, no complaints. But very, very misleading photo as they're about half as big as the photo suggests, and I'm not even convinced they're 23cm as stated in the description. Still, they look good and my son likes them, just don't expect a big difference to the room as they're not big enough.

Goldring Ns1000 Expedition
Goldring Ns1000 Expedition
Offered by Superfi

5.0 out of 5 stars Silence., 5 Sep 2014
I got these after seeing them recommended on What HiFi. I've never owned a pair of noise cancelling headphones, and didn't really know what to expect. Wow! I kept having to switch them on and off as I couldn't believe the difference on a flight recently.

The quality is amazing too, deep rich bass, lovely treble and mids and they fully immersed me into the films I was watching (despite only watching them on a 7 inch screen!).

For the price, I don't think you'll go wrong.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Xbox 360)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Xbox 360)
Offered by MDS Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality arcade racer, 14 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Firstly, I'm not a big fan of driving games, especially ones where you have to tune your car, choose your tyreszzzzzzzzzz etc.
The premise of this game is simple, chase or be chased.
The graphics are great, the game simple and instantly playable, yet gradually gets tougher with more challenging races and opponents.

Real shame about not being 2 players - don't think I've ever known of a single player racing game until this.

However who needs 2 players when you can easily play with any of your friends online, and online is where it gets to be the most fun. The game is very social, allowing you to goad your online friends when you beat their time on a race, it rewards you the most interactive and social you are in the online mode.

The sound and music are great on this game, anthemic rock tunes blast through your speakers as you break through the 200mph limit in your exotic car.

I've only had this game a couple of weeks so I'm unsure what the longevity is, but as long as people are still playing online then this game is going to run and run.

0.7m - V1.4 HDMI Cable High Speed with Ethernet & 3D - Supports latest technology 1080p, 3DTV, 2K & 4K Video Resolution - Neat Flat Cable with Gold Plated Contacts by electrosmart® - Length 70cm / 0.70m

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Jan 2011
Needed a short run of HDMI cable and this works a treat. No noise, good solid connection and reasonable price.

Allcam PLB103M Universal Tilting Wall Bracket for 37" 40" 42" 46" 50" 55" LCD/ LED/ Plasma TVs VESA 600x400 400x400 200x200, ideal for LG 42LN540V

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, reasonable and safe, 14 Jan 2011
I must admit to a bit of trepedation prior to wall mounting my TV, but this bracket makes the process painless, simple and secure.

The best bracket available, and I wouldn't hesitate to get another one when the time comes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, 14 April 2010
It boils water - quickly and looks fantastic. There really isn't much more you need to know about this kettle.
If you're after a stylish looking kettle then look no further.

NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto by Krups KP210640 Coffee Machine, Red, 15 Bar Pressure Pump
NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto by Krups KP210640 Coffee Machine, Red, 15 Bar Pressure Pump

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little fella, 14 April 2010
Got this for my birthday present. Very simple to use overall, and quick to produce rich, great tasting coffee.
I hadn't appreciated before receiving it that most coffees require two pods (one coffee and one milk), this adds up quite a bit and can make it quite expensive (works out at around 40p a cup).

I also noticed the milk pods are slightly sweetened which is a shame as I prefer a cappucino etc. to have no sugar in there.

If you've never used this pod machine before (like me), keep in mind that you control the amount that fills a cup. When reading the instructions for an espresso, it recommends 60ml. I had to guess this being that my cup doesn't come with measuring lines(!) and ended up producing a vile tasting watery coffee.
I'm sure after a few attempts I'll be making perfect coffee every time, but do keep this in mind as they're expensive mistakes to make!

I love this machine though, and look forward to many years of lovely tasting coffee. The iced cappucinos are a real bonus, and taste fantastic over lots of ice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2012 4:49 PM BST

Logitech Squeezebox Radio - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Logitech Squeezebox Radio - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit, 16 Nov 2009
I'm a big fan of the Squeezebox franchise owning both a Boom and a Squeezebox Classic.
The radio should take music streaming to the masses.
It's easy to set up, though a bit fiddly with the dial to sign up to mysqueezebox.com. I'm an existing member so wasn't too bad.
As soon as you've signed up it then searches for a wireless network and tries to connect to your PC.

Note, you need to install the Squeezebox software on your PC before you can get going with this, you can download the latest version (7.4.1 at the time of writing) from their website. This again is a doddle to use, just scan your music and you're ready to go.

Once set up, you're ready to go. The sound quality is great for a mono system.
You can set up favourite internet stations very easily, and if you have a Facebook account, choose to view your news or photos as a screensaver.
If you have another Squeezebox, a great feature is the sync option which plays the same music, so if you're having a party you can have the same music pipe through your rooms.

I would seriously recommend this product, the price is competitive and you get a lot in your little box - though why no batteries are included I don't know.

I'm a little anal about my music collection and before the radio arrived took the time to 'tag' all my music properly using a free software called MP3Tag.
Squeezeboxes display the artist and title by default, so if that information is missing from your music file it can be somewhat irritating. Plus MP3Tag is great for getting missing artwork, and as the screen is so beautiful, why not utilise it to it's potential!
I would recommend undertaking this exercise first to save the potential frustration

Page: 1 | 2