Profile for P. Steer > Reviews

DS LITE POWER ADAPTOR
Offered by fonetastic
Price: 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Did the job but not very robust., 3 July 2009
The good news about this product is that it was cheap, arrived quickly and worked fine with my daughter's DS. However she managed to break it within a week of getting it (she's 6 so not so strong). Not sure if this is a generic problem or if we just lucked out but can only give it 2* based on my experience!

The Tesseract
The Tesseract
by Alex Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - a uniquely engaging read, 7 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Tesseract (Paperback)
In a slightly different perspective to most reviewers I read the Tesseract first and then backfilled later with The Beach.
The unique point for me was the structure of the story. Garland creates a series of beautifully crafted plotlines that give depth to both the characters and events. His attention to detail and use of Filipino history and culture creates a gritty reality where you can almost feel the heat and humidity. Having lived and worked in the Philippines I really felt the book come alive and each page brought new twists and layers of subtlety. By the end I felt less as though I'd read a book than unfolded an intricate puzzle. For me, this made the whole experience immensely satisfying.
By comparison I found the Beach, although a good read, relatively mundane. I can see why so many readers failed to make the jump. I just hope that Alex Garland continues to produce books in the vein of the Tesseract.