Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, post apocalyptic novel, 27 April 2015
This review is from: The Wanderer (Kindle Edition)
Excellent, post apocalyptic novel. One I very much enjoyed. The only 'mild' complaint I have is that in one or two places it was a little unnecessarily crude. But that didn't take anything away from the story itself. I hope to read more novels from this author in the future.

Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation
Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 April 2015
Great book. Much enjoyed.

The Time Bubble
The Time Bubble

5.0 out of 5 stars Very much enjoyed (spoilers, beware)., 17 April 2015
This review is from: The Time Bubble (Kindle Edition)
I very much enjoyed this, I read it all in one sitting. It wasn't what I had expected, really. it's not so much a time travel story in the traditional sense, it's much more like the world moves around the person entering the bubble. They really don't go anywhere in time, time moves around them.
I also liked the ending. The distant future part was fun to read. I also enjoyed My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday, by this author, so I would recommend that for a fun read as well.
I've seen that there's a sequel. I am going to read that now.
5/5 Highly recommended.

My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday
My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Mar. 2015
A different, fun and enjoyable tale.

ASBO: A Novel of Extreme Terror
ASBO: A Novel of Extreme Terror

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW.... what can I say?, 6 Jan. 2015
A brilliant, suspenseful read, by a new author to me. I am now very keen to check out his other work. 5/5

Imitation (The Imitation Series, Book 1)
Imitation (The Imitation Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I very much enjoyed this book, 5 Jan. 2015
I very much enjoyed this book. One of the best reads I've had in a while. I finished all of it on one sitting, not that it's a short tale, either. Now I intend to go straight onto book two.
5/5

Doctor Who - Last Christmas [DVD]
Doctor Who - Last Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Capaldi

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Christmas episode., 26 Dec. 2014
Loved this episode. Probably my favorite among Christmas specials.
The only thing I wasn't pleased about, which I'll try to say without leaving a spoiler, is the result of Clara's fate. I was hoping it was going to be different to what it was.

Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] [2014]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 8 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Capaldi

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic show, 20 Nov. 2014
Fantastic series, one of the best so far. Capaldi makes a truly great Doctor.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

3.0 out of 5 stars I had expected something better. It wasn't really a bad read, 13 Oct. 2014
With so many reviews, and a high mark, I had expected something better. It wasn't really a bad read. But not a great one either. It's a good, casual read for the beach, or a lengthy train/plane journey, I suppose.
It does pick up towards the end, though. But I'd read 3/4 of the book before I was genuinely interested in what was going on. It could have been great. The plot's solid, but didn't live up to its potential. If only things had got 'exciting' earlier on.

Prodigy (LEGEND Trilogy Book 2)
Prodigy (LEGEND Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I found this series much better, and I liked the characters too, 13 Oct. 2014
After a string of disappointing reads lately, what a refreshing change this has been. My review addresses the trilogy, not just the this particular book.
It's often compared to The Hunger Games, but I think that comparison does this series a disservice. I found this series much better, and I liked the characters too, which is important. You can't help but be moved by their stories, and their struggles throughout the story.

This will be one of those novels I'll never forget, and will surely read again some day.

Highly recommend it. 4.5/5