Profile for Sarah Tourette > Reviews

Content by Sarah Tourette

Sarah Tourette (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
A Guide to Coaching and Mental Health: The Recognition and Management of Psychological Issues (Essential Coaching Skills and Knowledge)

2.0 out of 5 stars out of date, 15 Jun 2014
The attitude towards clients with potential mental health difficulties is archaic and stigmatising. The medical model pervades the text and is not adequately critiqued/alternatives explored.

Six Weeks to OMG: Get skinnier than all your friends
Six Weeks to OMG: Get skinnier than all your friends
by Venice A. Fulton

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it no stars if I could, 20 July 2012
Just dreadful. The title itself should be the first clue that this book is an irresponsible attempt to cash in on teenage insecurities. Avoid.

Atomic Floyd HiDefDrum In-ear Stereo Headset
Atomic Floyd HiDefDrum In-ear Stereo Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, look great, but..., 26 Aug 2011
... I am on my FOURTH set in 18 months. Good job Atomic Floyd customer services have been so good in sending me out a new headset every time mine have developed a fault.

Use My A***hole As A C**t (Nick Clegg Version) [Explicit]
Use My A***hole As A C**t (Nick Clegg Version) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars MandaTORY listening..., 22 Dec 2010
This wonderful track, which was robbed of The Christmas Number One Slot by some X Factor plop, should be mandatory listening for everyone doing a politics degree - so that they can understand how the coalition was formed.

Grace & Gratitude Renewed
Grace & Gratitude Renewed
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely, 11 Oct 2010
I have never particularly liked Olivia Newton John...I enjoyed Grease, but that was about it. Anyway, I came across this on Spotify as a new release, and had nothing better to do so gave it a listen; I'm very glad I did. All I have to say is that there is some genuinely beautiful, heartfelt music on here. If I had to recommend some music to someone who wanted to connect with all that is good, this would be very high on the list.

Glimpses of the Devil: A True Story of Evil, Possession, Exorcism, and Redemption
by M. Scott Peck

2.0 out of 5 stars Glimpses of bad practice, 18 May 2009
After reading Malachi Martin's much better book on the subject of demonic possession, and remaining unconvinced that the phenomena existed, I was hoping this book would cast new and illuminating light upon such a dark subject. After all, it was written by an eminent psychiatrist who claimed to have exorcised two patients - not only of the demons which possessed them, but of satan itself.

Alas, it was not to be. I finished this book feeling distinctly disappointed. I wouldn't have stuck it out were it not for the fact that I was hoping for some sort of revelation, saved for the last few pages. It never happened. This book did nothing to prove the existence of demonic possession; far from it. What it did prove to me is that human beings are likely to distort their own phenomenological reality depending upon what they want to see and that professional boundaries are easily broken when the practitioner finds themselves well out of their depth and level of competence.

I only give this book a two star rating because of Peck's courage in risking ridicule by his fellow psychiatrists for writing it - otherwise, it would have been just one.

Life Support
Life Support
by Derek Draper

1.0 out of 5 stars How to save a drowning man..., 18 May 2009
This review is from: Life Support (Paperback)
...if you would care enough to save the author from the current, self inflicted predicament in which he finds himself, then by all means throw him a lifeline and buy this book.

However, for those amongst you who are less altruistic in nature - who may simply be searching for well reasoned, non-patronising and genuinely helpful advice, written by someone with unquestionable knowledge, experience and integrity - then I would advise you to look elsewhere, as you won't find it here.

Robin Hood : The Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2006] [DVD]
Robin Hood : The Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonas Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the naysayers - the Hood is GOOD!, 12 Oct 2008
I was a bit concerned when I read some of the reviews, however, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this box-set, and do not agree with the criticisms levelled at the series by some of the people who have posted here.

I particularly disagree with the unfavourable comparisons to Robin of Sherwood. Both versions of the Robin Hood tale are thoroughly enjoyable romps which allow the viewer to temporarily escape mundane concrete reality.

Definitely worth 5 stars, and I am not easily pleased.

Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell
Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell

5.0 out of 5 stars On spec, do it., 10 Mar 2006
Judging the evidence so far (Implosion) I would say, yes indeed. Jaz Coleman is a highly talented musician, with an unsurpassed ear, and a conscience too. Wooo! What more can you ask for. Killing Joke are great. For those not long out of nappies, they influenced Nirvana. For those with drier knickers (like me) why not revel in an original incarnation of what is just, good and makes sense to listen to - whether "trendy" or not.
For those with even more sense, check out Jaz's orchestral interpretations of Led Zep, Pink Floyd and The Doors. No, really!!!! If you can also get hold of a copy of his collaboration with Anne Dudley (Songs From the Victorious City) then you will be truly blessed.

I Can Make You Thin (Book and CD)
I Can Make You Thin (Book and CD)
by Paul McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Never judge a book by it's cover..., 16 Jan 2005
I'm sure the title of this tome could have been improved upon, but I doubt very much if the contents could be. This is, without a doubt, the very best book I have ever come across with regard to tackling the issues underlying overeating and resultant weight problems. It is well written, friendly and easy to read. The information is sensible, practical and a pleasure to implement. Contrary to first appearances, this is NOT just another diet plan. Paul obviously has a thorough understanding of the psychological and physiological processes involved in eating, and instead of putting these across in a way that only academics would understand, provides the answers which will guide you almost too easily towards healthy eating habits and resultant weight loss with the added bonus of feeling great generally! There are no lists of what you should and shouldn't eat and no recipe plans. The book comes with a mind programming CD, designed to undo whatever faulty conditioning set you up to have the problems with food which you do now. It works and should be played every day (mornings, before you get up is best). I cannot recommend this book and CD more highly. And that is an understatement.

Page: 1 | 2