ARRAY(0xa587f390)

Profile for G. Dalessandro > Reviews

Content by G. Dalessandro

G. Dalessandro (Scotland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Wuthering Heights [VHS]
Wuthering Heights [VHS]
VHS
Offered by VitalSparkEntertainment
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive Wuthering Heights, 15 Nov 2009
This review is from: Wuthering Heights [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I have watched almost every version of Wuthering Heights and I have never enjoyed any of them as much as this one. Both Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes portrayed Cathy and Heathcliff exactly as I pictured them in my mind when reading the book. Ralph Fiennes manages to illustrate Heathcliff's passion for Cathy through his eyes alone. In addition to the cast, the music and setting of the film contributed to the overall atmosphere and emotion of the story. This is one of my favourite films ever.

Lost in Austen [DVD] (2008)
Lost in Austen [DVD] (2008)
Dvd ~ Jemima Rooper
Price: 18.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Caroline "Bumface" Bingley, 16 Mar 2009
This review is from: Lost in Austen [DVD] (2008) (DVD)
I was very reluctant to watch this when it first came out on TV, however loving Pride and Prejudice as much as I do I couldn't resist. I was glad that I didn't resist as I absolutely loved this programme. Amanda made me chuckle throughout, especially the "bumface" outburst at Lady Catherine's house. I was at the edge of my seat at the end. On the one hand I thought 'you can't possibly split up Lizzy and Darcy', but then I realised they never really knew each other anyway, and this Amanda and Darcy looked lovely together, so....! Loved it. Acting and story 5 stars. Very humerous and I loved the modern twist. I'm sure Jane Austen would have chuckled too.

Persuasion : Complete ITV Adaptation [2007] [DVD]
Persuasion : Complete ITV Adaptation [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sally Hawkins
Price: 4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Persuasion, 11 Nov 2008
This DVD version is absolutely fantastic. I watch it all the time. Both Sally Hawkins and especially Rupert Percy Jones are wonderful in this production. I was caught up with Cpt. Wentworth's cold icy look which gradually turned softer as he realised his feelings for Anne were being revived. I especially loved when they meet in the shop during the rain, when he speaks of how a man cannot overcome such a passion to such a woman, he can barely look at her! The parts were played perfectly and although it differentiates from the book on many levels I adored every second of it. I loved the 1995 version but Cpt. Wentworth was not how I imagined - I much prefer the RPJ eye candy with his dulcet dones declaring his undying love for Anne Elliot.

5 Stars. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys heartfelt, delightful romance.

Eclipse (Twilight Saga)
Eclipse (Twilight Saga)
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars can't wait for the next book to come out, 17 July 2008
This book had me sitting on the edge of my seat. There is a lot of angst in these books which never sits very well for me, however it only brings certain characters closer together.

I almost feel as thought SM has taken various themes from certain classics such as Romeo and Juliet and Wuthering Heights, with the exception that the ending is always hopeful.

Regarding this book - the plot was fantastic, the characters even more lovable (Edward especially). He is Heathcliffe, Romeo, Darcy - all mixed together! One thing that irritated me was Bella's ungratefulness towards Edward and his family who are trying to look out for her. She must know by now it's for her own good. Hopefully the final book will tie things up with Jacob (meeting someone else) because he was getting quite tiresome in this novel, and hopefully Bella and Edward will both get what they want. She will break many hearts if it doesn't.

5 stars!

New Moon (Twilight Saga)
New Moon (Twilight Saga)
Price: 5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars thank goodness for that, 13 July 2008
I was very weary when I started reading this book. I'm not a Jacob Black fan and it irritated me to the very core that his presence took over almost the whole book. The only thing that kept me going was the fact that Edward was always on Bella's thoughts and that she could hear him talking to her. I felt at least that he was still around. I kept flicking to the end to see if he would turn up (I know, I'm terrible but I'm sure i'm not the only one!)...and then the last couple of chapters sent me into a frenzy! I have never been so tense and excited about an ending in my life. It was such a relief to get rid of Jacob, for a while at least.

I'm just about to start the third one tonight and again I'm weary about it. I'm not sure I'll enjoy the love triangle thing but hopefully Bella will be sensible and pick her TRUE love - who we all know is Edward :)

Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Price: 5.66

5.0 out of 5 stars words can't describe...., 13 July 2008
...how AMAZING this book is. I finished this book in a whole night, couldn't even go to bed!

This book really is an achievement and it has started a complete obsession for me. Edward I'm already in love with. Who wouldn't be?! and Bella and Edward's relationship is sizzling. I'm so happy I've been able to read this book. It made me put my life into perspective.

5 stars++++++

Interview With The Vampire: Number 1 in series: The First Book in The Vampire Chronicles
by Anne Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars Louis! Louis!, 28 Jun 2008
I can't express how much I loved this book! I felt that Louis and Lestat were incredible characters. The emotion in this book is breathtaking and I am just about to start the next one. I will definitely be recommending this book to anyone who hasn't read it. 5 stars!

Atonement
Atonement
Price: 6.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing can compare to this beauitiful soundtrack, 14 April 2008
This review is from: Atonement (Audio CD)
This soundtrack mesmerised me. The songs "The Last Killed", "Cottage on the Beach" and "Elegy for Dunkirk" especially leave me quite overwhelmed. If you are looking for music which can evoke emotion then I would certainly recommend this soundtrack. I didn't think one could surpass the beautiful Pride and Prejudice soundtrack but it has been done truely magnificently here.

Duty and Desire: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman
Duty and Desire: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman
by Pamela Aidan

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent second novel, 21 Feb 2008
I must admit that I was tempted to skip this one and read the last one for the simple fact that I did not like the idea of Darcy trying to find a wife that wasn't Elizabeth (I'm ridiculously romantic like that!). However I found this book extremely entertaining and it was hard to put it down. I've ordered the third one and wait in anticipation.

I would say that I enjoyed the additional characters and enjoyed Fletcher even more so - him and Darcy are quite the team! I thought the author provided an authentic and very well researched second novel. I especially loved the idea (without giving too much away) of the 'charm' that Darcy keeps in his pocket. As a reader, you know he is always thinking of his one and only. You can't avoid her Mr. Darcy, no matter how hard you try!!!

An Assembly Such as This (Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman)
An Assembly Such as This (Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman)
by Pamela Aidan
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fab fab fab!, 13 Feb 2008
My goodness! This book had been on my Amazon Wish List for some time. I read the good reviews but I still had my reservations. Eventually I gave in to temptation and have finished it in 2 days! It was absolutely fantastic. Written in the same Austenesque style with some great interesting new characters. I must say that I laughed out loud at some parts concerning Mr. Darcy's valet, Fletcher. He really is a funny character. I can imagine him and Lizzy getting on well. I have ordered the 2nd and 3rd books and await them with anticipation.

Page: 1 | 2