Profile for G. Davis > Reviews

Content by G. Davis

G. Davis "Miss G" (UK)

Soulless: 1 (The Parasol Protectorate)
Soulless: 1 (The Parasol Protectorate)
by Gail Carriger
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A great fun read, 31 Mar. 2010
This book had me laughing out loud all the way through. It has been a long time since I had such a good time reading a book. The mix of vampire and werewolf society with that of the victorian era is done so well and with hilarious results. I love the clash between all the different character's personality, especially Lord Macon and Lord Akeldama. It had me in stiches. Anyone looking for a good time will absolutely adore this book. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the postman to deliver the next one.

Darke Academy: 1: Secret Lives
Darke Academy: 1: Secret Lives
by Gabriella Poole

4.0 out of 5 stars A good idea that gets better the more you read!, 31 Mar. 2010
I wasn't sure what I thought of this book when I first started reading it and it took me a while to get into it. Once I did I was surprised by how much I liked it. A different and interesting take on vampires. Don't be put off by the slow beginning. Stick with it and you'll be glad you did. My only gripe with this book is it would have been nice if it was longer. A few parts felt a little rushed The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because it took me a while to get into it and the second book in the series is much better. This is a series which is going to get better as it goes on.

Blue Bloods: Number 1 in series
Blue Bloods: Number 1 in series
by Melissa de la Cruz

5.0 out of 5 stars Now my favourite series, 31 Mar. 2010
I'm 20 years old but really like a lots of teen books. I put off reading Blue Bloods for so long thinking that it would be the same as all the rest and nothing special. I was so wrong! I fell in love with this book and read the first and second in a few days. The idea is brilliant, unique and a breath of fresh air in the wake of all the teen vampire novels. A lot of people don't like that it's about the rich, beautiful and elite but I disagree. The characters are so well written with many different levels which are developed well as the books progress. Even the characters you are supposed to hate (like Mimi, one of the antagonists) become more than just the typical stereotypes they were at the beginning. Plus they are immortal of course they are going to be rich, they've had eternity to accumulate their wealth. It makes sense.
I'd reccomend this series to anyone who is looking for something new and exciting or become bored with the many similar vampire novels that are out there now. I'm kicking myself I waited so long to start this as it is now one of my absolute favourites. Can't wait to start the next two, the only drawback is that the 5th isn't out untill October.

The Darkest Whisper(Lords of the Underworld: Book 4) (MIRA)
The Darkest Whisper(Lords of the Underworld: Book 4) (MIRA)
by Gena Showalter

4.0 out of 5 stars Sabin, 5 Jan. 2010
Have loved all of this series and was a little wary of this one as the Sabin was not one of the original warriors but as with all the others I loved him. The story really moves along in this book and a lot happens which can be a little overwhelming at points as its jumping back and forth between characters. It has really set up the future books well. The relationship between Gwen and Sabin is written well and develops a little more realistically than some of the others. Gwen herself has her own strength and power and isn't just some helpless female. Loved her sisters and hope we get to see more of them in future books. Some anthologies coming out next and then Aeron's story, hope we get to see more of Legion. She's brilliant. A definate must read if you love this series, it just keeps getting better.

Snug~Rug 60 x 84-inch Adult Deluxe Coral The Blanket with Sleeves Fleece, Navy Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug Rug, 5 Jan. 2010
Bought this for my other half for christmas, came really quickly. Really soft and unbelievably warm no matter how cold it is. Immediately ordered another for myself and now live in it at every opportunity. Would recommend to anyone.