Profile for AJ > Reviews

Content by AJ

AJ "Alan" (Joburg, South Africa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Whenever We Wanted
Whenever We Wanted
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Get It, 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Whenever We Wanted (Audio CD)
Rough n Ready really good album here.back to basics plenty guitars good songs, if
You liked American Fool, Scarecrow you will enjoy this excellent album great vibe.
Go get it you wont be dissapointed.

Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge
Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Warriers will blow you away.., 5 Aug. 2014
Fantastic album from these southern rockers one of there best without shadow of doubt.great production and sound quality on cd.no duff tracks here nuttin but pure hard rock served up southern style.these guys can play.a must for any fan of quality hard rock, go get it.

Stand Your Ground
Stand Your Ground

4.0 out of 5 stars No Nags Here, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Stand Your Ground (Audio CD)
Really good solid album here.sound quality on album excellent nice and punchy.the album is mostly up tempo rock featuring these two tartan terrors Bain and Robertson.there was reported conflict of musical direction between Bain and Robertson no doubt as to why they called it a day shortly after.Music stands out in its own right but I definetly here some Lizzy tones in some of the songs probably to be expected but great none the less.
I managed to get hold of Brians solo album Diamonds and Dirt and it is superb with some great Sweedish musos helping out, check it out.cheers.

Battle for Glory [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Battle for Glory [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Miles O'Keefe

1.0 out of 5 stars Drivel, 3 Jan. 2014
Dont be fooled by the cover on this DVD.The movie looks like it was filmed on a home movie camera the acting not good im afraid,would avoid at all costs.rather go for Gettysburg and Gods and Generals.

Live
Live

5.0 out of 5 stars Anybody Out There Who Wants To Boogie, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
Quite simply one of the best live albums recorded along with Lizzy Live and dangerous,Purple Made In Japan,Ufo Perfect Strangers and Frampton comes alive.I was there and stomped my feet all night long along with thousands.
A must buy for anyone who likes loud rock live and in yer face.well done Quo,well done Glasgie.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2014 3:49 PM GMT

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3 Razor
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3 Razor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Razor, 3 April 2012
If you have sensitive skin the Hydro 3 may well be for you.The razor is well made and gives a close comfortable shave without irritation.The three blades are angled well and the lubrication reservoir in the cartridge is a great innovation and works well.The Hydro 3 is in line with the Mach 3 but gives a far superior shave,it dosent give as close a shave as the Fusion but is far more comfortable on the skin,bare im mind that the Fusion has 5 blades so going on experience with the Hydra 3 I can only surmise that the Hydro 5 will well out do the Gillette equivelant.
This razor in my opinion is the best on the market for shaving sensitive and easily irritated skin and I highly recommend it.
In South Africa the Hydro 3 is under the brand name of Schick.

Electric Light Orchestra Pt 2
Electric Light Orchestra Pt 2

4.0 out of 5 stars ELO Part Two, 29 Sept. 2010
First of all let me say this is my opinion and I will be as constructive as possible with review.Major hurdle for die hand fans is Jeff Lynne is not singing or playing on album and in fact had nothing to do with album could this be the reason for one star reviews with comments like rubbish,awful,avoid.mmmmmm?
I have a large collection of all ELO studio albums and they are one of my favourite bands.I own this album and trust me this is simply not fair to give one star.
The musical content has maintained a lot of the original ELO type sound and the guys in the band have put out a really good album here.If your willing to get passed the absence of Mr Lynne and listen to the album for what it is you will be surprised.The follow up album Moment Of Truth is fantastic and is a five star album.
Guys you might be shocked when I say I prefer both these albums by far over Zoom which I thought was extremely poor and not a great album by any means but guess what there are people who think its brill and give five stars that is there opinion.
Give both the ELO Part Two studio albums a listen and if you judge them on musical content you will be pleasantly surprised.
Hope review is of some help.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2014 3:20 PM GMT

Rampant
Rampant

5.0 out of 5 stars Nazareth Rampant, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Rampant (Audio CD)
This is the third album to have been produced by Roger Glover and I must say I really enjoy this album.Its a bit lighter in sound from the previous two albums Loud n Proud and Razamanaz but is still more than worth a place in your collection.The remastering on the album is good;note that there is a 2010 newly remaster edition from Salvo now available,I own Procol Harum albums on this label and there remastering is superb.On this Eagle remaster sound quality is of high standard.Extra tracks here include Shanghai;D Shanghai.US version.Cats Eyes Apple Pies and Shapes Of Things;single edit.
I haven given Rampant 5 stars as it really is a good album and marks the end of an era with Roger Glover producing.Album begs to be played out and is a must for your Naz collection.Hope review is of some help.

Company Of Strangers
Company Of Strangers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album, 24 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Company Of Strangers (Audio CD)
Great album from the band,strong songs and nice beefy sound.If you like good rock you will enjoy this album,I would say there best work with the great Robert Hart on vocals.I would also recommend Holy Water and Here Comes Trouble from the new era Bad Co all great albums.I really enjoy Robert Hart on vocals hes got a great voice and really is a power vocalists.Sound quality on album is very good so all you need to do is get yourself a copy and crank up the volume.Oh I forgot Dangerous Age is also a really good album if you can find at a reasonable price.
Hope review is of some help.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2012 8:59 AM BST

One Step At A Time
One Step At A Time

1.0 out of 5 stars Solo Album ??????, 29 July 2010
This review is from: One Step At A Time (Audio CD)
First of all let me say this is my personal opinion on reviewing this album and some of you will like what I have to say and some of you wont.I decided to listen this album before purchasing and thank goodnesss I did.This offering sounds like a mediocre Status Quo album from the late 80s/90s and am sorry to say I am not impressed.Surely the point of bringing out a solo album is to offer something new,different and exciting,well after listening in my opinion it is none of these,why not just call it One Step At A Time by Status Quo mmmmm?I tuly expected something new from this talented guy but sadly no,and this new version of Caroline on the album;good grief it is awful.Some reviewers are giving 5 Stars and saying if you like Status Quo you will love this album,well some of you might subscibe to this but my advice is listen to it first then decide and sure if you liked the Quo sound of the late 80s/90s you might enjoy this album and thats great,I will not be purchasing this album as didnt enjoy.Hope this personal opinion is of some help to some of you and to those it dosent thats ok as well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2011 7:39 PM GMT