Profile for janet > Reviews

Content by janet

janet

Page: 1 | 2
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player - Black (SDMX18-008G-E46K)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player - Black (SDMX18-008G-E46K)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 1 May 2014
This is a brilliant little gadget - so good I've bought two. Had a problem with volume to start with which was resolved by Amazon reviewers - for which many thanks - (you have to set it for America rather than Europe) but once this was out of the way it was easy. I use it for audio books and it takes umpteen hours' worth. Highly recommended.

Vivid Arts D-Letterbox Birdhouse - Red
Vivid Arts D-Letterbox Birdhouse - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 21 Dec 2013
This is well made and as good as it looks, No home should be without one. I've bought two and shall probably already and will no doubt buy more. Irresistible.

Catherine Lansfield New York Double Duvet Set, Navy
Catherine Lansfield New York Double Duvet Set, Navy

4.0 out of 5 stars duvet set, 24 Sep 2013
Seems to be well made and good value for money. I was dubious about the polyester top but it looks fine and creases a lot less than polycotton. Irons easily too which is a bonus. I'd recommend it and buy this make again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars CD/Radio/Cassette, 18 Aug 2013
Excellent - well made, good sound and reasonably priced. I've had one for a year or two and bought another one for convenience.

Large Bookmark Magnifier Sheet Magnifying 3X Magnification--Used for Reading Small Print of Newspapers, Magazines, Books, etc.
Offered by netSells

4.0 out of 5 stars magnifying sheet, 18 Aug 2013
I bought this for a relative but understand it does what it's supposed to do and it's very reasonably priced.

The Essential Collection (Digitally Remastered)
The Essential Collection (Digitally Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars stanley holloway, 18 Aug 2013
Brilliant but could be louder. I had to have the MP3 at 100% volume instead of usual 25%. Might be a problem in a noisy environment but otherwise thoroughly recommended - very funny.

Barbara Vine - A Fatal Inversion / A Dark Adapted Eye / Gallowglass [1992-1994] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Helena Bonham Carter

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain., 22 Mar 2013
We don't see Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine adaptations these days - I can't understand why. The films appeared to be faithful to the books, as far as I can remember, and were well acted as you'd expect from the cast. They didn't seem too dated either. I'll watch them again.

The Barchester Chronicles [DVD] [1982]
The Barchester Chronicles [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Nigel Hawthorne

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for insomniacs, 21 Feb 2013
You have to love Anthony Trollope to buy this - even though I do I found this hard going. It's so slow you think it's got stuck. Low budget production with support actors who have unsurprisingly disappeared from the screen since. It makes you appreciate how much television drama has improved in the last 30 years. Bears no comparison to "He knew He was Right" and "The Way We Live Now" which were brilliant. It's a curiosity.

Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Total Eclipse Of The Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Eclipse, 9 Feb 2013
Terrific song - one of the best of the "power ballads". If you're too young to have heard it when it came out - give it a go.

Black Books - The Complete Box Set [DVD]
Black Books - The Complete Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dylan Moran
Offered by NO_LIMITS

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Books, 9 Feb 2013
Disappointing. I'd seen Dylan Moran in "How Do You Want Me" which is brilliant and expected something similar. It has its moments but they're few and far between. I staggered through to the bitter end but I don't think I'd ever want to watch it again. No "think" about it really - I won't.

Page: 1 | 2