Profile for loza > Reviews

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Adult Edition]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Adult Edition]
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars unbeatable, 14 Aug 2007
Amazing how some book can be so good that when you've finished them you get filled up with a sadness and nostalgia that you cant describe. this is one of them.
absoloutly gripping from the first sentence to the last, harry potter and the deathly hallows completes harry's journey in the wonderful, sometimes sad, incredibly dangerous world of magic.
unlike the other books, this novel is full of destruction, death and loss. It doesnt even have the spirit-lifting moments of humor for us to depend on. however, i think this book is enough fast moving that you dont think about it too much and you just become engrossed with the charecters lives. to tell you the truth i find it impossible to fault this book. a 100% must read, and best harry potter ever.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2009 3:41 PM BST

Just Listen
Just Listen
by Sarah Dessen

4.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good., 14 Aug 2007
This review is from: Just Listen (Paperback)
i'l be honest, i judged this book by its cover, when I saw it i was instantly attracted to its unusual design and had to have it. me and my friend sophie both read this at the same time and loved it. its the story of a girl who is seemingly lucky but underneath everything shes troubled and unable to let emotions out. then she meets owen. he helps her talk about things, admit a horrible experience and discover the power music has. A truly engaging read for anyone 13+.

Stargirl: Stargirl (Black Apple)
Stargirl: Stargirl (Black Apple)
by Jerry Spinelli

4.0 out of 5 stars Great then, not so much now, 10 Mar 2007
It's true that when i read this at about age 11, i LOVED this book and definatley put it in my top 5. It's unique oddness is not its only asset. I found it completley weird and different to anything else i had read but thats what attracted me to it most. You must read this book before you get to late teenage years because im not sure if its just me but i find it a bit under-whelming now. its an unusual and compelling story about a boy who falls head over heels for the strangest girl ever, and struggles when he tries not to care what anyone thinks. A definate must read for young teenagers (in my opinion)

A Gathering Light
A Gathering Light
by Jennifer Donnelly

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn good, 10 Mar 2007
This review is from: A Gathering Light (Paperback)
Well, the first thing i'll say is that if your the average teen who likes cheesy books about the boy next door, dont even consider buying this book. HOWEVER, if like me, you love reading and are fairly sick of agonisingly samey novels, this could be the book for you. An engrossing and gripping read, a gathering light is definitaly a must read for people who love reading. It is an interesting storyline about a girl stuck between her obligation to care for her family and her undying aspiration to be a writer. I would recommend it to anyone so if you like reading give it a go!

How I Live Now
How I Live Now
by Meg Rosoff

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm......undecided, 9 Mar 2007
This review is from: How I Live Now (Paperback)
well, i'd read so many great reviews of it and my unread copy was starting to gather dust so i thought why not. The first thing i noticed however was the complete lack of speech, i found this VERY off putting, i made me peace with it however, and read on. The plot was undeniably very good however i found the lack of personality in some of the charecteres a bit annoying. I dont regret reading and cant deny i enjoyed it however it doesnt rate as one of my faveourite books.

Noughts & Crosses: Book 1 (Part1 of Noughts & Crosses Trilogy)
Noughts & Crosses: Book 1 (Part1 of Noughts & Crosses Trilogy)
by Malorie Blackman

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 6 Mar 2007
I got the [...] book token this year and i was like, ok i'll have a look around. When I picked this book I had no idea i'd be buying one of the best books i've ever read. I read it in approx 7 hours (with food and toilet breaks!) and never wanted to put it down. It's a story of love, loss and racism and will keep you on the edge of your seat from the first to the last word.

Elsewhere
Elsewhere
by Gabrielle Zevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing- easily the best book i've ever read, 21 Jan 2007
This review is from: Elsewhere (Paperback)
I saw it on the shelves and i was like, i'll give it a go. I didnt know i just picked up the best book ever, and i'm not one to be particulary over-dramatic. Likeable and brave charecter Liz, suddenly wakes up to find herself dead, she then goes on to live a horrific as well as wonderfull afterlife in Elsewhere. it made me laugh. it made me cry. i could read it 1000 times and not be bored, how could this not be the most perfect book ever?