Profile for Elizabeth Wood > Reviews

Content by Elizabeth Wood

Elizabeth Wood

The Elf of Edinburgh (The Brookfield Journals Book 1)
The Elf of Edinburgh (The Brookfield Journals Book 1)
Price: 1.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Endearing characters but badly proof read., 14 Nov 2013
The story was obviously written by an American and was full of Americanisms. The story is set in Edinburgh and the characters are supposed to be Scottish. This did amuse me as I'm Scottish and I know Edinburgh well and it did not feel Scottish in the least. However the main characters are endearing and although the book is so badly proof read, it comes across as incomprehensible at times, I still felt engaged enough with the characters to read on to find out more of their story.
I was also inspired to find out more about Williams Syndrome of which I was previously ignorant. It was nice to read about characters whose hearts are in the right place for once. Although the prose is terrible, Rupert and Samantha are beguiling.

Six of One
Six of One
Price: 3.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea, let down by the writing., 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Six of One (Kindle Edition)
I clicked on this and bought it by mistake. Although the premise was outlandish, the ideas contained within it were interesting. I would not have bought this if I hadn't made a mistake and pressed the wrong button. The writing seemed to be quite puerile. It had the required 'happy ending' which could have been seen coming from outer space. Trite.

Michael Kors Men's Watch MK8096 With Rose Gold Dial And Rose Gold Plated Bracelet
Offered by Timepieces & More
Price: 138.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 14 Nov 2013
The watch was for my husband who is more than happy with it. It is much cheaper than I have seen it anywhere else.
I paid for express delivery and this will be refunded as the watch turned up almost 24 hours behind schedule. Amazon dealt with this in a timely and polite manner. I cannot fault the response.
All in all, a great watch at a brilliantly low price.

The Highlander (The Rise of The Aztecs Series, book 1)
The Highlander (The Rise of The Aztecs Series, book 1)
Price: 2.72

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty formulaic., 4 Mar 2013
Certainly would not buy any more books in the series. The writing was uninspiring and the plot non-existent. I was looking forward to some historical detail and exotic ambiance and was terribly disappointed. Perhaps the book is directed towards young adults?

Folk'd
Folk'd

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and original concept., 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Folk'd (Kindle Edition)
Great Book, well written and funny. Also loved the next part of the Trilogy. Can't wait for the concluding book.