Profile for Ncook > Reviews

Content by Ncook

Ncook (uk)

Man on Fire (A Creasy novel Book 1)
Man on Fire (A Creasy novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A different yarn. Interesting until the end., 31 May 2015
If you like gangster hit man books with a bit more depth then this is for you. Gripping until the end and nothing like the film of the same name.

The Martian
The Martian

4.0 out of 5 stars Different but interesting ., 15 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
I know nothing about space but I really enjoyed the book all the same. It's a good story and something different. I really enjoyed it.

I Think Therefore I Play
I Think Therefore I Play

2.0 out of 5 stars not that insightful or interesting., 10 Jun. 2014
only gave 3* because i still know nothing about pirlo. i found it boring and wordy with too many metaphors and dramatics. he talks of his love of Italian players and Italy and that's about it?. it's very insular, if you like over the top Italian bs you'll love this short book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2015 6:23 PM GMT

The Nowhere Men
The Nowhere Men

4.0 out of 5 stars For a football fan,superb!, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Nowhere Men (Kindle Edition)
I only gave this 4* because it's not long enough. A great peak behind the closed door of scouting. Goes a little way to make you understand why your team made those crappy purchases in years gone by. It's not about just having talent in some cases there's very little. A good read!

Asics Women's Gt 2000 W Silver/Diva Pink/Purple Trainer T2K7N 9319 5 UK
Asics Women's Gt 2000 W Silver/Diva Pink/Purple Trainer T2K7N 9319 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trainer, 7 Nov. 2013
brought for netball. would definitely recommend, probably should of listened to other reviews and gone up 1/2 a size though.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth read!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
I have to say that I wouldn't normally read a book of this type. I read the reviews and started it with an open mind. I really enjoyed it! Well written with an unusual subject narrated by a death/grim reaper type.
Plus points: well written with an unusual story line that keeps your attention until the very end.
Negatives: to many "and then something terrible happened, which I'll tell you about later" statements. A couple of times these were interesting. Then I was thinking just get on with it and tell me what happened to x.
To sum up, it's very good not great. Read it and make your own mind up!