Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer (UK)

Wheatware Guitar Plectrums Light Gauge Bag of 10
Wheatware Guitar Plectrums Light Gauge Bag of 10

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely rubbish. One star is generous, 11 Oct 2011
I almost didn't write this review because these plectrums are so bad that I'm almost convinced that I was sent a faulty batch. They're that bad.

These plectrums are totally unfit for purpose. Get even the slightest bit carried away, and the plectrum snaps in half. If you play very, very gently and be very careful, they'll just about last a minute or two. Even then, the plectrum slowly disintegrates, leaving a white dusty residue all over the guitar.

Don't waste your money.

McAlmont & Nyman: The Glare
McAlmont & Nyman: The Glare
Price: 14.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A well deserved five stars., 6 Feb 2010
I listened to this record in full during the course of my journey to and from work yesterday. It's quite rare that I turn up to work with a smile on my face (I'm not a morning person) but yesterday was different. Similarly, sat in traffic on the way home, not a trace of frustration. I try all types of music during my commute, in an attempt to elicit a smile, and none have worked better than this album did.

I buy lots of CDs of a wide range of styles, each in the hope that it will contain one of those songs that can't fail to make a day brighter - this album is full of those songs. Upbeat songs alternate with slower, but all have some element that alert the ears.

Refreshing in its composition, yet still fully of energy despite the lack of percussion. Brilliant album. If the samples tempt you, you'll love the full album.

Breville JK147 Crystal Clear and Stainless Steel Kettle
Breville JK147 Crystal Clear and Stainless Steel Kettle

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, didn't last., 26 Nov 2009
We bought ours around 15 months ago. It looks good, boils quickly and can rotate through 360 degrees on its base, good for left-handers like me whose partner is right handed.

Unfortunately, the kettle has started to switch itself off after a few seconds. Sometimes it stays on until the water has boiled, but generally only after a few attempts. There is a slight burning smell coming from the base of the kettle after use. Needless to say, we'll not be using it anymore. There's also evidence of dribbles/ leaks that have presumably caused the problem.

Had it lasted, five stars, but 15 months is just not good enough.