Profile for Kate Knight > Reviews

Kate Knight

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

4.0 out of 5 stars If I live to be One Hundred, 19 July 2013
The title of the book seems ridiculous, so you might expect the plot to be, "thin". I vaguely remembered seeing a discussion on telly at a literary festival, so J thought, why not try something new? I am so glad that I did. It is so cleverly written. It is. Hilarious but strangely credible. All the historical references fit so well that you can believe it possible - life is preposterous like that. Allan is thoughtfully drawn. Not a victim but a protagonist. His aversion to the topics that supposedly decide world events; politics, religion, sex, greed and personal ambition reconcile the reader that fate determines, not man. To put it another way, "what happens, happens". Allan accepts his fate and embraces opportunity without question, and is metaphorically and physically richer for it. I could not put this book down. Great for anyone on a diet or struggling to observe Ramadan!

Turmeric Tincture 100ml, 1:2@25%, Certified Organic
Turmeric Tincture 100ml, 1:2@25%, Certified Organic
Offered by Fushi Wellbeing - UK's Leading Ethical Wellbeing and Beauty Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars A godsend in a bottle, 24 April 2013
I suffer with arthritis in several joints and cannot take/do not want to take anti-inflammatory painkillers for the rest of my life - I am in my mid-forties. I have been advised to take turmeric as a supplement. I already take a number of tablets - both pharmaceutical and homeopathic. At times it is an ordeal to get them all down, so this tincture literally is a life-saver. I can put it in water or even in my breakfast yoghurt! It is so versatile and tastes great too.

Lavazza A Modo Mio Caffè Crema Lungo Dolcemente, Pack of 5, 5 x 16 Capsules
Lavazza A Modo Mio Caffè Crema Lungo Dolcemente, Pack of 5, 5 x 16 Capsules
Offered by StormBrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back to Italy..... nearly, 24 April 2013
Always a great tasting coffee and without the mess and waste of loose grounds and filter papers. These are priced very competitively and came sealed in original undamaged packaging. This is my favourite of the varieties in the range available- I think there are 16 in all.

Flume
Flume
Offered by zoverstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars How to win friends and influence people, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Flume (Audio CD)
Bought this as a present for my beloved as a thank you for his looking after me whilst I have been ill. He plays it all the time and says he loves it, so I am in the good books. Read all the reviews before I ordered it (the man of the house is very fussy about his music) and agree with all the positive comments made. Every track is worth listening to.

Andrew James 2000W Stainless Steel Panini Sandwich Press - Also Can Be Used As A Griddle / Grill
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be a 4.6 rating, 24 April 2013
I would have given this 5 stars, because it looks great, works great and makes excellent food. I use it every day, usually more than once. I have even cooked a half shoulder of lamb in it - it was fabulous! The only complaint (and that is a very mild one) is that just as others before me found, the non-stick surface is coming off with only very gentle cleaning. It does noy detract from the food though, and if it is sticking to the food and being eaten, I haven;t noticed! Have yet to see how long it will lasr with such heavt use but at this price I will be buying another.

MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL 100% Pure 100ml
MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL 100% Pure 100ml
Offered by Truly Moroccan

5.0 out of 5 stars I love thus stuff, 24 April 2013
Is there anything you cannot do with it? It smells great. The tips I picked up from the sellers promotion and other reviewers were marvellous. I have used it on my hair, hands, face, body, shoes, handbag and even (although unintentionally) on the dog. He loved it too - Shar Pei's get very itchy skin that can be flaky at times. It did the trick and his coat is beautiful once again.

Siberian Ginseng Tincture 100ml, 1:2@25%, Certified Organic
Siberian Ginseng Tincture 100ml, 1:2@25%, Certified Organic

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stop Gin-singing along........, 24 April 2013
I thought that this offer was too good to be true but was I wrong? The bottle is twice the size of my usual brand, and it is full, so no short change there. Then I thought, maybe it's a weaker solution, but it isn't. It tastes at least as strong as my usual. Now I have this it will be my usual from now on. Well pleased.