Profile for Ms. K. Campbell > Reviews

Content by Ms. K. Campbell

Ms. K. Campbell

Page: 1 | 2
Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P,  Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - Green
Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P, Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 April 2013
Used for two Centre Parcs holidays. We now have fantastic photos and videos of our children in the pool and used it on the water slides too, it is very hardy (we've dropped it several times!).

The quality of the photos and video footage really surprised us. Excellent value for money.

Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About)
Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About)
by Anthony Lewis
Edition: Board book
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're learning Makaton, 25 April 2013
These books are far more reasonably priced than official Makaton study aids. My daughter receives assistance from a NHS Speech and Language Therapist and she too recommends these books (alongside others).

Getting Ready: BSL (Sign About)
Getting Ready: BSL (Sign About)
by Anthony Lewis
Edition: Board book
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for those learning Makaton, 25 April 2013

My daughter was 1 1/2 years old when we first purchased and she just enjoyed looking at the pictures, now at 3 years old she signs to some of the pictures. As an adult I learnt most of my signs this way whilst waiting to attend a Makaton training class.

Braun Thermoscan IRT 3020 Compact Ear Thermometer
Braun Thermoscan IRT 3020 Compact Ear Thermometer
Price: 24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought because of great reviews... bit disappointed though, 25 April 2013
Whilst overall this is a good thermometer, the use of beeps (to tell you when to start, when reading has been taken, etc) is not always clear. It is very easy to miss a relevant beep, particularly the start one, and then you have to wait for it to reset to have another go (not ideal when you have an irritable poorly child).

We have had the thermometer for a few months now and more than a handful of adults have tried to use and all of us at some point experienced the same issue, so unlikely to be bad luck.

I would recommend this thermometer if it was cheaper but at this price I expected more. Hence the three star rating.

BabyDan Premium Hearth Gate Fire Guard (Black)
BabyDan Premium Hearth Gate Fire Guard (Black)
Offered by SAFETOTS
Price: 69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy & can be flexible, 15 July 2012
This fireguard was very easy to assemble and is very sturdy.

The guard itself is quite big, however, as we have a woodburner this did allow us sufficient space to put the wood and ash bucket within the guard too and as woodburners can kick out a lot of heat it was good that the guard came out into the room quite a way to stop the children getting too close. Our children are now two and three and have a greater understanding of the danger and as such we now build the guard with two less panels and the floor space the guard requires is considerably less.

Please note that we have never used the brackets (I was reluctant to have too many fixings in the wall!), we have put a simple hook and loop on each side of the fireplace to keep the guard in place. As such, I am unsure if the brackets would work if you didn't use all of the panels on the guard.

Whilst it is not the cheapest guard on the market, I have had a BabyDan play pen in the past and the resale value was good, so I am confident to recoup some of the cost for this guard too.

Brabantia Clothes Peg Bag - Black
Brabantia Clothes Peg Bag - Black
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As peg bags go, this is the one!, 23 Sep 2009
I almost feel silly reviewing a peg bag but felt compelled as this peg bag really can make a simple difference when pegging out the washing.

The simple clip mechanism enables you to clip onto your clothing (if you have free belt hook), this is surprisingly handy and speeds up the chore. The 'pull close' string is excellent, keeps all your pegs safe, even if you drop the bag.

If you have the extra cash to spare then I would highly recommend this product. If you're on a budget then I would probably say buy a cheaper average peg bag... let's be honest, it's not going to change your life!

Babyden Playpen in Silver with Grey Playmat
Babyden Playpen in Silver with Grey Playmat

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless to build. Excellent product., 23 Sep 2009
I purchased this playpen in black. It has an extremely sturdy, quality feel to it and was effortless to build.

The cushion base is ideal for young babies. My son started using the playpen when he was still learning to sit up unaided, therefore the cushion base was reassuring when he wobbled over (please note the cushioning is thin, do not expect too much - that said, I believe it is sufficient for the purpose).

The door is very easy to use and does not require a particular amount of effort or strength.

I would highly recommend this product and would purchase further Babydan products... In fact I have just purchased the Babydan hearth (fire guard) - I shall review this as soon as it has received a fair trial period!

Pyrex Classic  Non Stick  Oven Tray               33X25cm
Pyrex Classic Non Stick Oven Tray 33X25cm
Price: 4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, 23 Sep 2009
I bought this tray based on reviews. Whilst it is a nice tray, I would not purchase again or recommend as anything special. I have waited for some time to write this review as I wanted to ensure I was not unlucky once...

Unfortunately every time I use this tray at 220 degrees it bends when I remove it from the oven. Based on other reviews I was not expecting this to happen and was disappointed as this was the one thing I was trying to avoid. The only saving grace is it does return to a flat tray once cooled - this is why I have marked as three star, otherwise it would probably only have received a two star.

Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Black
Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 28 July 2009
Great product, just plug in and go. I use to back up our home computer, which I also work from. It has plently of space to back up pics and artwork.

Highly recommend.

Maxi-Cosi Tobi Group 1 Car Seat (Black Reflection)
Maxi-Cosi Tobi Group 1 Car Seat (Black Reflection)
Price: 134.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. NB... Strength needed to tighten safety strap!, 28 July 2009
Excellent seat. Bought for my rather big eight month old. Easy and quick to fit. High enough for your child to see into the front of car and out of windows (albeit peoples heads!). Worth noting that the safety strap you have to pull each time you use the seat does require quite a bit of strength (i'm hoping this will ease with time) - this is the only reason why I did not mark this product as 5 star.

Page: 1 | 2