Profile for Fiona P > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual Breast Pump
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual Breast Pump

2.0 out of 5 stars for me it didn't work, 22 Nov 2014
the feeding bottle and the box are okay but the pump I really can't use it despite my best efforts. I guess it would only work if you have litres of milk coming out anyway and need a fennel to collect it.

Core Pine Shelf Kit 2Ft
Core Pine Shelf Kit 2Ft
Offered by FINE STAR

1.0 out of 5 stars surprised, 22 Nov 2014
This review is from: Core Pine Shelf Kit 2Ft
They don't give you anything to attach the top to the bottom... never seen since like this. I like the shelf but if you put something on it you never know how long is going to stay on it before the whole thing drops.

The Complete Book of Mother and Babycare
The Complete Book of Mother and Babycare
by Elizabeth Fenwick

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 22 Nov 2014
The book is great!

The Expat's Guide to Living and Working in Hong Kong
The Expat's Guide to Living and Working in Hong Kong

2.0 out of 5 stars it could have been done better, 22 Nov 2014
I bought it because I am moving there and even before getting there I can tell that it could have done much better with plenty of more info. To much of the book is done in the form of interviews to other expats on what they like, what they expected etc. A nice idea but it's almost half of the book and if you want to check an info again you need to read again the whole interview.

Hong Kong Culture Shock
Hong Kong Culture Shock

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 Nov 2014
I really like this serie, it's a shame they don't update it anymore. My only criticism is that sometimes it's a bit basic and I would like to know a bit more not just touch the surface. But overall a good purchase.

Sudan (Bradt Travel Guides)
Sudan (Bradt Travel Guides)
by Sophie Ibbotson

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disapointing, 22 Nov 2014
I am very disappointed by this book. I previously purchased the previous edition and I got this one because it claimed to be fully updated. I read it from cover to cover and I couldn't find anything new that was useful. I feel it has only be re-written in some parts.
I go regularly to Sudan and I can guarantee that it isn't worth buying it. Buy the older version and save some money or buy the Trail guide to North&South Sudan, which at least has been written by people that have lived in Sudan for years and not just passed by to update the guidebook.

How to Clean Just About Anything: Ingenious Secrets for a Fresh and Sparkling Home (Readers Digest)
by Reader's Digest

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 July 2014
Very good, I am very pleased with it. I would definitely raccommend it.

Lonely Planet Eastern Europe (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Eastern Europe (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

2.0 out of 5 stars For me it was a waste of money, 28 July 2014
I was disappointed with this guidebook.It's big but it contains only a limited amount of info. I bought it to use in Albania, Macedonia and generally the Balkans but most of the things I was looking for weren't there (proper info on transportation, nature, car rental etc.) Yes they were mentioned but it was only a starting point that required many more research. Also the info/cost werent up-to-date.
I ended up putting it aside and buying specific guidebooks for the 3 countries I wanted to visit the most.

DURAGADGET 14 inch Padded Camera Rucksack Backpack Bag for Canon EOS and PowerShot Range - Now with Rain Cover!
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 28 July 2014
Excellent bag. Compact and you can fit in everything. Comfortable and light.

Albania (Bradt Travel Guides)
Albania (Bradt Travel Guides)
by Gillian Gloyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 6 May 2014
I found it useful but it needs to be updated. Since there are not other guidebooks on Albania it is definitely a good idea to get it before you go but I am can't say I am totally happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2