Profile for Raspberrygiggle > Reviews

Content by Raspberrygiggle

Raspberrygiggle "Blogs at www.mummyoftwo.com" (East Riding of Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Turtlemeter, the Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
Turtlemeter, the Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for an easier bathtime, 12 Dec 2013
This really is a foolproof thermometer. When I first saw it I realised it only gave bath temperature in Fahrenheit and I am not good at translating that to Celsius! However, I needn't have worried. As well as displaying the temperature on top of the Turtlemeter, it also changes colour to let you know whether the bath is too cold (blue), too hot (red) or just right (green).

The Turtlemeter floats and it is great to leave in the bath to see when the water is getting too cold. If your children are anything like mine, they don't want to come out of the bath! Having the Turtlemeter means I can say to my son that when it goes blue he has to come out!

The Turtlemeter is a great size and really sturdy so it is also great for the my children to be able to play with without me having to worry that they are going to break it!

There are no buttons to press on the Turtlemeter, it is simply activated when placed into the water. It also comes complete with 3 AAA batteries which can be easily changed once they run out.

To make sure the Turtlemeter is turned off when bathtime is over, just dry the metal conductors underneath with a towel.

I would highly recommend this Turtlemeter to anyone with young children. Obviously it is always a good idea to double check the temperature of the water with your hand rather than just relying on technology, however, it really is a great addition to any bathtime!

Ozeri Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers - Set of 4 Unique 8 oz Thermo Insulated Drinking Glasses
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it!, 11 Nov 2013
The first thing that struck me when the glasses arrived was how light they were. Because of the dual wall and the fact the glass is stronger then normal glass, I was expecting them to be quite thick and heavy. They aren't. They are incredibly light.

Because of the dual wall, when drinking hot drinks, the glass does not get hot on the outside so you can hold it quite happily to drink. I was a little scared of putting a hot drink into a glass as it doesn't feel natural, however, there were no problems at all!

Also, because of the dual wall, you get no condensation on the outside of the glass when drinking cold drinks. This is great as it means the glass doesn't slip when you hold it!

I really like the look of the glasses. The dual wall makes the liquid almost look suspended in thin air! It adds a great effect and offers something really different to a standard glass.

I think they would be a great talking point at a dinner party and think desserts would look great served in them as well as drinks.

Dear Snowman
Dear Snowman
by Kathryn White
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous book for Christmas, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dear Snowman (Hardcover)
As soon as I saw this book I fell in love with it. We have some lovely books that we put away for reading at Christmas and this will be joining them! Not only is the story great, the illustrations are beautiful too.

I really like the added element of the postcards. They are definitely something I will be doing with my son when we get the book out again near to Christmas.

The book is also hardback so very hard wearing and I always think makes a nice gift. This book would make a lovely gift for any child at Christmas.

The book says for children 3+ and I think for the story this is the right age although younger children who enjoy books would enjoy the story too.

We love this book and I know it will be treasured for many Christmases to come!

The 20 cm Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with Smooth Ceramic Non-Stick Coating (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great non-stick frying pan, 8 Oct 2013
I have been using this frying pan for a couple of weeks now and am very impressed. The pan is definitely very non stick and for most things I can get away without using any oil. It heats very quickly and heat is conducted all over the base of the pan, not just in one place which means everything cooks evenly and quickly.

The handle is really comfortable to use and never gets in anyway hot.

The pan is also very easy to clean, a quick wipe round with the cloth and all debris is removed.

Although the frying pan is more expensive than I would usually pay for a pan of this size, it is great quality and I can see it lasting for a long time, making it great value for money.

The Anagranimals and the Wishing Tree
The Anagranimals and the Wishing Tree
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not our usual choice but my son really enjoyed it!, 12 Sep 2013
This is not usually the kind of book I would be drawn to. There are a lot of words in the book and when I first looked at it I thought it would take a long time to read and didn't know whether it would keep my 5 year old's attention. We sat down together to read it before bedtime and I was actually surprised that it didn't take that long to read. My son enjoyed it and was kept entertained throughout. There was lots of discussion about the different animals and which bits we would choose!

The illustrations are really bright and colourful with lots going on to look at.

I do think this book takes a lot of imagination and that is why it is aimed at the slightly older child, however, as I said above, I do think younger children would enjoy parts of the story too.

Overall my son enjoyed this book and we are looking forward to finding out what happens in the next story as it was left very open ended to keep us interested!

The 12" Green Earth Wok by Ozeri, with Smooth Ceramic Non-Stick Coating (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)
Price: 49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant wok that I use for everything!, 10 Sep 2013
I was very much looking forward to my new wok arriving as the one I had been using was very old and I was in desperate need of a replacement!

When the wok arrived I was very pleased. It felt sturdy and great quality, however, not too heavy that it would be difficult to use. Not only that, but it looked great too. A lovely shiny black inside and handle and a bright green outer. It was really well packaged too so as not to get damaged in transit.

Now, I use my wok for everything, not just stir frying! I use it for bolognese, curry, sweet and sour, basically anything you need a pan for! I quickly put it to use cooking tea. I am always a bit dubious when pans say non stick, I have been disappointed in the past, so, the first time I used the wok, I used the same amount of oil as I normally would. However, it quickly became clear I didn't need to! This wok really is super non-stick. The food slides around the wok without sticking AT ALL! When I came to clean it, all it needed was a quick wipe and it was sparkling and as good as new!

The next time I used the wok I used a small bit of oil with the same results. I have even been brave enough to use it since with no oil at all and still, nothing sticks!

Because the wok is made from anodised aluminium and, with the ceramic coating, I have found that the food cooks evenly throughout and there are never any hot spots.

I am over the moon with this wok and can see it becoming a big part of my cooking from now on!

Pirates Don't Play Cricket
Pirates Don't Play Cricket
by Iain O'Brien
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not our usual kind of book but good fun!, 7 Sep 2013
This probably isn't the kind of book I would have chosen for my son at first glance. He is not the sportiest boy and with the book having `cricket' in the title I wasn't sure whether he would enjoy it. On reading the book though my opinion changed, it is not all about sport at all, it is mainly about pirates and adventure which he loves! He really enjoyed the story and the rhyming aspect of the book. The illustrations are really bright and engaging and he liked looking at them. It has made a great bedtime read!

Overall we really enjoyed this story and would certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good pirate adventure, not just sports fans!

The Good House
The Good House
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A 'Good' book, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Good House (Kindle Edition)
It did take me a while to get into the book, however, after a few chapters I had really taken to the characters and as the story progressed became enthralled with what was happening and wanted to carry on reading to the end. I found it very easy to become gripped by the characters in the book, particularly the main character, Hildy who you really feel for at times but at other times want to shout at her to get a grip!

I am always a little wary with books set in America and am never sure how well they will translate being in the UK. I did not feel it mattered at all with this book it could happen anywhere and I don't think I lost any of the story not being American.

I would certainly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the likes of Jodi Picoult as it is very similar in style and story.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I would definitely read others from the author.

Small Talk: Simple ways to boost your child's speech and language development from birth
Price: 5.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book even for second time around parents!, 25 July 2013
I thought it was a very interesting book. I thought now I am onto my second child I should know all of the milestones etc but every child is so different it is impossible to remember back. My first born was a big talker from the word go so I had been slightly concerned that my second child was a bit behind with her talking, however, reading this book it is easy to see that she is hitting her milestones and there is nothing to worry about. I think it will be a book I will continue to refer to as she gets older as it has some great tips about encouraging talking.

A Horrid Factbook: Bugs (HORRID HENRY)
A Horrid Factbook: Bugs (HORRID HENRY)
by Francesca Simon
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bugs! A great book for ages 3 and up, 15 July 2013
Since our son has learnt to read we can't keep up with him wanting to learn. He is always wanting to learn new things and read new books. The books he gets from school are not particularly challenging for him and we are struggling to keep up!

He has really enjoyed sitting down and reading this book by himself. Because it is broken up into short paragraphs he can read a few facts, put it down and then come back to it later. I have been very amused listening to him reading, his voice when he gets to some of the facts is very funny, he sounds very intrigued and sometimes quite shocked!

Here our some of our favourite facts...

'95% of all animals are bugs, and for every person in the world, there are 200 million bugs.'

'Wasps can sleep - sometimes for months - while hanging by their teeth.'

'Flies are filthy! Before they land on your food, they've probably been stepping in a big smelly cowpat or stinky dog poo!'

I think this book would be great from ages 3 and up. I am sure young bug fans would love to sit down with their parents and be read lots of interesting facts and for older children, who can read by themselves, it is a really easy to pick up read that they can keep coming back to.

There are some very amusing illustrations in the book too which kept our son interested as he read through the book.

Overall we really like this book and would highly recommend it to any little bug lovers out there!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8