Profile for D. Williams > Reviews

Bose  Companion  2 Series III Multimedia Speaker System
Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speaker System
Price: 89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars How do they do it?, 15 Mar 2014
I can't say much more than what has already been said by other reviewers here, but from the point of view of a retired professional musician (classical), I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of sound delivered by these speakers. Listening to orchestral/choral music on these speakers is as close as it gets to listening to a live performance in a concert hall. Bose have somehow added that spacial feeling you get at a live performance, and from such small speakers too (no bulky sub-woofer needed here).
I also listen to pop and film music, and yes, the Series III deliver a punchy performance.
They may be more expensive than other so called multimedia speakers, but the Bose Companion's are worth every penny and don't disappoint.

Wild Guide: Devon, Cornwall and South West (Wild Guides)
Wild Guide: Devon, Cornwall and South West (Wild Guides)
by Daniel Start
Price: 13.49

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit mean on details, 15 Mar 2014
Intended for a camping week in May, I was a little disappointed with this book. Each location is given just a few words and doesn't really say anything except where it is and if it's a beach, cave, relic etc. Not very informative in other words.
The layout is also bad......each photograph is numbered, but the description associated with the photo is invariably on a different page, so you have to turn back or forward to find the text.....very annoying.
I'll take it with me on the trip, but I suspect that a OS map and local knowledge will serve me better.

2m 3.5mm Jack Cable - Premium Quality / 24k Gold Plated / Audio / Stereo / Male to Male
Offered by World of Data Ltd
Price: 5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more, 15 Mar 2014
I needed a longer lead than the one that was supplied with speakers I ordered (see my review for Bose Companion Series 3). This lead transmits a clean, uninterrupted signal with no interference at all. I am so pleased with this product and at an amazingly low price.

The Muvipix.com Guide to DVD Architect Studio 5.0: 1
The Muvipix.com Guide to DVD Architect Studio 5.0: 1
by Steve Grisetti
Price: 16.63

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have guide, 14 Oct 2013
I have been authoring DVD/BluRay discs for many years and purchased this book mainly to see if there was something I didn't know about using Architect. This book is not only well written in a language everybody can understand, but it also showed me so many ways of using this software more effectively and efficiently. Never think you know it all.
I recommend this book to anybody using DVD Architect, novice or experienced.

1 Set + 1 Extra Black High Quality compatible Ink Cartridges Multipack T0807 - 2x T0801 Black, 1x T0802 Cyan, 1x T0803 Magenta, 1x T0804 Gelb, 1x T0805 Light Cyan, 1x T0806 Light Magenta for Epson Stylus Photo P50 / PX650 / PX700W / PX710W / PX720WD / PX800FW / PX810FW / PX820FWD / R265 / R285 / R360 / RX560 / RX585 / RX685 - SilverTrade ()
Offered by Silver Trade GmbH_1
Price: 11.30

4.0 out of 5 stars I was initially disappointed, 14 Oct 2013
I got fed up with the ridiculous prices charged for genuine Epson cartridges, so decided to buy compatible cheap ink. Initially, I was disappointed as one cartridge caused smearing and had to be discarded. Others seem to run out of ink quite quickly, but then the suppliers (who were very helpful) told me to turn off the low ink warning. I did this, and the ink cartridges carried on printing for another few days. Apparently, these ink cartridges are a higher capacity than the Epson ones, but the Epson software thinks they are standard capacity, hence the warning showing prematurely. Problem solved.
Apologies to this company for thinking their cartridges were no good....they are in fact very good and give excellent colour and last longer than the Epson cartridges, saving a substantial amount of money without sacrificing print quality.

AEE MagiCam SD22 Waterproof 1080i 60 FPS HD Sports Action Camera with Remote Control, Waterproof Case and Mounting Accessories - Black
Price: 194.99

3.0 out of 5 stars poorly made, 14 Oct 2013
I can't comment on my personal usage of this cam because when inserting the SD card, it would not clip into position, and so I got No Card error when trying to record some footage. Tried 2 other cards, and same problem. Oh yes, I did insert the cards the right way up, and all cards work in my other cameras.
The package doesn't really represent good value....you gets what you pays for!!! It feels like a toy camera and the mounts are poorly made. I can only comment on image quality from samples on YouTube....some are quite good, but most are pretty awful, but I don't necessarily blame this on the camera but more to do with how the camera was mounted and the person operating it.
I was interested in this camera mainly because it had a TFT viewfinder, a remote control, a removable battery and backup power supply....all for a very competitive price. But, I am one of those people who is immediately uneasy with a product that is dead on arrival.....quality control has to be suspect. So I returned the camera for a refund, and Amazon as always, were so helpful and efficient in processing this.
In summary, I think this camera has impressive specifications and features (as good if not better than GoPro cams), with quite acceptable footage, but the build quality and reliability let this product down.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2014 12:38 AM BST

Nicorette Chewing Gum 2mg Freshmint - 210 Pieces
Nicorette Chewing Gum 2mg Freshmint - 210 Pieces
Offered by PINK AND BLUE GIFTS
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Subscription service, 14 Oct 2013
To have items you regularly buy on a subscription order with Amazon is a great idea. You get it when you need it and even better, you save money.

Tracing Your Rural Ancestors: A Guide for Family Historians
Tracing Your Rural Ancestors: A Guide for Family Historians
by Jonathan Brown
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Early days, 7 Aug 2013
I haven't read the whole book yet, but I am under the impression that everything the author writes about is what I already know. To be fair, there are snippets which are interesting, but the information hasn't pointed me in the right direction to discover rural ancestors. Online resources are abundant, and I have found these to be better than this book so far.

Sony MDRV150W.AE Monitoring Headphones with Reversible Ear Cups
Sony MDRV150W.AE Monitoring Headphones with Reversible Ear Cups
Offered by Beatcontrol
Price: 12.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony quality rings through, 6 July 2013
These were purchased primarily for monitoring sound whilst shooting video, and to this end, they are perfect. Lightweight with crystal clear sound and what I expected from Sony. Listening to music from my PC or iPad, the results are equally impressive and pleasing, so I am very pleased I chose these headphones. Amazon delivery as always was fast.

Trespass Unisex-Adult Dodo Snow Boots UAFOBOG10001DOBL Black 9 UK, 43 EU
Trespass Unisex-Adult Dodo Snow Boots UAFOBOG10001DOBL Black 9 UK, 43 EU
Price: 22.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 6 July 2013
These boots are very light to wear; keep your feet dry and warm and perfect if you like being out and about in winter. A well made product, but suggest ordering the next size up to your usual size just to make sure they fit snugly with thick socks on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4