Profile for Shriek > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Mortal Instruments 6: City of Heavenly Fire
The Mortal Instruments 6: City of Heavenly Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 31 May 2014
I loved this book so much; it was a brilliant end to a brilliant series! Cassandra Clare's writing is so good and i loved how she incorporated some of the characters in the previous series in it also making it so much better. I really couldn't fault it other than to say: how am i going to wait the just over a year that i have to wait for her next series, The Dark Artifices?!?!
I really recommend reading this series if you haven't already!

Poweradd™ Apollo 7200mAh Solar Charger Portable Charger Backup External Battery Pack for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPads, iPods, (Apple Adapter not Included) Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3,Note 4 3 2, Tablets, Bluetooth Speaker,PS Vita,PSP's, MP3 Players, Gopro Camera, SmartPhones and More Other 5V-USB Devices - Black
Offered by Poweradd

1.0 out of 5 stars it was perfect, but just outside of the return window it now takes days and days to recharge fully, 30 April 2014
I was thrilled with this product as it was perfect in loads of ways. It could sit quietly charging in the sunlight, at home, or travelling around. If a needed device was out of charge before leaving the house, problem sorted, just take the charger and charge it on the move.

However, it now can't leave the house, it seems its recharging days are nearly over already. It might be the case also that the solar charger does not charge up the devices to same degree somehow? ... but this is a suspicion only and I've not thoroughly tested that out.

Ecover Non-Biological Laundry Liquid Refill 15 Litres
Ecover Non-Biological Laundry Liquid Refill 15 Litres
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars i chose 4 stars because its not useable in a domestic setting straight from the box..., 14 Oct 2013
each time you want to use some it requires lifting and tilting the whole box, so very impractical.

I have kept a previous 5L box and I took the bag out of that and used a funnel to decant 5L off into it through the screw tap end (which I forceably removed and then replaced). I'm not sure what to do if the 5L box bag either fails or the screw tap end won't pop off and on again another time!

The 15L box is safety stowed away for when the 5L box is empty. It was getting increasingly difficult to source refillable ecover and have managed that now. However, thinking about it.. any 5 litre container can easily receive the contents (like an empty 5l water bottle and is easy to pour (the 5L one sits on its side though on a shelf and has the tap dispenser so works far better).

It does work out a lot cheaper, and saves on separate trips to the shops so more economical there too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 4:00 PM GMT

Landmann NEU04 Tripod Barbecue
Landmann NEU04 Tripod Barbecue
Offered by Home & Garden Centre

3.0 out of 5 stars it works well.....but, 25 Aug 2013
The handles are poor quality.... and on its second outing one handle fell off!!

The tripod is very useful with its adjustable height, and the cooking surface size is very adequate, but it can be a bit of a balancing act especially with pans or heavy pieces of meat.

Very easy to clean out the firebowl and great to be able to use separately from the grill.

its very easy to dismantle and relatively quick.

Weird thing.... the tripod tubes fill with water. Stand well back when dismantling if stoodnoutbokn camping trips or in garden during rain. Took this away on a long trip for its second time out when handle fell off so its run out of its 3 month return thing....but I just want two working handles.

9" Upgraded Dual Core Android Tablet PC - 5 point Capacitive Display Touchscreen 1024 x 600 with DUAL CAMERAS - Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) - HDMI
Offered by E-PASSION(SHIPPING FROM HK 14-21 Business Day To Uk)

2.0 out of 5 stars very suspect experience.... bullying seller, 25 Aug 2013
It looks good. I followed the reviews on the product sold by wendy lou for 64.99. There was a slight flaw in the screen, and I queried missing functionalityfrom the ice cream sandwich os.

Wendy lou promised an exchange upon receipt of the returned tablet. no anwer to my query and sudenlynno exchange. Sudden change of mind. Apparently no more in stock! Or any more to come. When I followed the product link wendynlou had disappeared and a company called Direct was now linked to the product. wendy lou cannot be found.

Now Direct has disappeared and the same product link takes me to Electroniceze as the seller!!!

So... despite it going up in price by £5 I purchased my own replacement. This one continually freezes. direct have told me there is functionakity missing from the ICS OS because it not possible as a function of the hardware.

I have established wifi and ethernet internet conections but the tablet notification tells me there is 'no internet conection' despite my writing this review and obviously on-line.

This connection problem prevents my accessing certain apps, namely amazon's!!!!

Perhaps the seller will change again and it wil go up in price again too??!!!

if issues are satisfactorily resolved I will certainly be back to update. Apologies for al the typos the keyboard doesn't cope so well with double letters or keping up.

So having sent it back, Direct held onto it for months, finally to be told this in response to my saying 'are you joking?'

Yeah - just a wee joke

Really, we were waiting for you to remove the incorrect product review that
you left - you were entirely mistaken and did not have the good grace to do
anything about it so we took the decision to pad it out for as long as it
took you to ignore the erroneous review

Now we are going to reply to the review and show how it was all entirely
your own fault seeing as you wont remove it

I had confirmed to them that I would review my product review once it had been tested and returned and I could see that there had been some kind of problem with my usage, otherwise my review remains an accurate reflection of my product experience.

So now, they have kept the tablet that I have written confirmation would be returned or replaced within a few days.

WENDY LOU SELLER - disappeared
DIRECT TABLET PC SELLER - disappeared
ELECTRONICEZE SELLER - current seller but also based in Scotland.

Each of these sellers so far has taken the money and sent me faulty products. Giving rubbish service in the process, making and breaking promises again and again. Mine was apparently 'sent' back to me, never turned up... they are a trail of devastation

I am awaiting some recompense and answers from AMAZON was this space.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2014 10:43 AM GMT

Helix Mini Alarm - Silver PS1070
Helix Mini Alarm - Silver PS1070
Offered by Sorte

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent = VERY LOUD, 12 Dec 2012
I bought this as an alarm for school age daughter to attach to key ring. its very loud and easy to release the pin from the end, which are the 2 things required of it! (oh plus it has a key ring attachment).

Mark Todd Winter Riding Glove - Black, Large
Mark Todd Winter Riding Glove - Black, Large
Offered by Ivy Equestrian

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent riding gloves, 12 Dec 2012
Warm durable what else needs saying - well they're not show gloves, but they are the 2nd pair of these I've had (as sadly the dog ate the first pair), can't fault, with a nice long cuff around to tuck into jacket sleeves.

Kodak Genuine 30CL Ink Cartridge - Coloured (390 Pages)
Kodak Genuine 30CL Ink Cartridge - Coloured (390 Pages)

1.0 out of 5 stars sick of expensive toner.. thought this was different!?, 12 Dec 2012
sadly lots of problems to report using the printer and streaking through the toner faster than any i've used before, si I'm not sure how it can be cheaper?!?!?

Eko-Mania Paper Log Maker - Green
Eko-Mania Paper Log Maker - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, it works!, 12 Dec 2012
.... although I'm burning the logs far quicker than I can make them! I wish I had stored up a load through the summer as some have suggested. I only managed to make the first trial few whilst the sun was hot enough to dry them quickly.

So I bought a bucket (huge bucket you know the floppy ones) reasonably priced and useful for other purposes to, carrying bottles, etc. and filled it up with torn paper, which I could do quite easily sat in front of said fire watching tv of an evening (but a lengthy job as did nearly fill the bucket very large bucket). then just filled with water once bucket placed in sunlight to keep it warm for the breaking down process. Although its not warm enough I think and certainly mushed a lot quicker in the summer.

Easy to make the bricks by squishing, but do use something over the metal edges of the handles (as they hurt to push on otherwise! - oven gloves were good for this). left to air dry in summer sun an excellent use of the suns rays, but they dried very well in my airing cupboard too!

NEW LONG RINGLET 2 TONE BLONDE WIG FANCY DRESS
NEW LONG RINGLET 2 TONE BLONDE WIG FANCY DRESS
Offered by Party Props Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok ..., 12 Dec 2012
for a one off dressing up, or if you keep it very carefully - as the hair does go frizzy v. easily, but if I remember it was very good value and does look good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4