Profile for Steve > Reviews

Content by Steve

Steve

Sonos PLAY:1 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi
Sonos PLAY:1 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality but Android app has connectivity issues, 14 Jan. 2014
The sound quality is really good and the speaker is well built. You can connect to any available internet radio station via the app on your smart phone. You can connect to music services such as Spotify. One of the major plus points for me is the ability to point this to your iTunes library if you make it available on your home network via NAS disk - this allows you to access all of your playlists including Genius playlists.

One major negative point is the connectivity issues that a lot of people face with the app, including myself. If you search on Google for "Searching for Sonos components" you will see what I mean. Sonos don't seem to be much help to people although I didn't contact them myself. I find this very surprising since the app is a key part of the system. Without it you cannot change what is playing. I tried many things to resolve the issue but when I changed my WiFi router as part of upgrading my broadband recently and it resolved my connectivity issues instantly so it was obviously some interference with my WiFi router that was causing the issue. I have many other things in my house that operate on a 2.4Ghz frequency and they all run without interfering with each other so I would expect Sonos to be able to do something to resolve this across the board.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 10:28 PM GMT

Friedland EvoPlus D3006UK Wire-Free Plug-In Chime Kit
Friedland EvoPlus D3006UK Wire-Free Plug-In Chime Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 29 May 2013
I did a lot of research before buying a doorbell. Some had a lot more features than this such as extra receivers or a plug socket in the front. However I'm glad I settled on this one. The receiver is loud enough. The tones are not at all tinny in sound quality. It works at the bottom of my back garden while the push is attached to the front of the house and you can buy a nicer push if you really wanted to. It was one of the more expensive doorbells I looked at but definitely worth the extra bit.

Le Creuset Wine Accessories WA143 Aerator/Pourer
Le Creuset Wine Accessories WA143 Aerator/Pourer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 18 Jun. 2012
This is easy to use and clean and makes a big difference to the taste of some wines. Essential if you like your wine!

Bar Craft Wine Pump Stopper and Preserver
Bar Craft Wine Pump Stopper and Preserver

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably good product, 18 Jun. 2012
It does keep a good seal and seems like good quality. The only negative is that it is difficult to know when to stop pumping.

Griffin PowerJolt Dual In-Car Charger Compatible with iPhone 3/3GS/4/4S and iPod (1 Amp x 2 USB) - Black
Offered by UK Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Tidy, 6 Jan. 2012
This integrated very nicely into the dash of a car. It charges my HTC phone and iPod simultaneously. Although I think it could be charging slower when both are plugged in, which is rare. The main thing is it does work so I'm happy with my purchase.

Airplane headphone socket adaptor
Airplane headphone socket adaptor
Offered by Magic&Gorgeous

3.0 out of 5 stars A little misleading, 2 Nov. 2011
After I bought this product I discovered that not all airplanes use the same headphone interface. I'm sure it works just fine if it fits but so far I haven't been able to use it. The title should not sound like it applies to all airplanes.

The Flavour Thesaurus
The Flavour Thesaurus
by Niki Segnit

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Flavour Thesaurus (Hardcover)
Definitely a good book the have lying around the kitchen. Great if you just want to try something different with what you have in the fridge or spices you have for a while and not used.

Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game
Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game
by Michael Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 23 Aug. 2011
This is an incredible book and a must read if you are a sports fan of any kind. I know nothing about baseball - you don't need to know anything about baseball, but I'm sure baseball fans would enjoy it more. It's not just all about stats, it's also a great story.