Profile for K8davies > Reviews

The Song of the Quarkbeast: Last Dragonslayer Book 2
The Song of the Quarkbeast: Last Dragonslayer Book 2
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Book, 17 May 2013
I love Jasper Fforde book I think they are all very clever and fun. This book is good but definitely aimed at a younger Audience.

Although I will be reading the third book in the trilogy. Also if you want a quick fun read I would recommend it.

Devil Said Bang
Devil Said Bang
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Devil Said Bang (Kindle Edition)
I love Sandman Slim, he is the perfect anti Hero. The stories a pack with fantasy, horror but also a lot of comedy. I personnally can't wait for the next book and I would definitely recommended it to anyone who like a Action pack series.

The Pleasures of Winter
The Pleasures of Winter

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Read, 27 Feb 2013
It was a fun read a bit far fetched in parts but I thought that added to the charm.

The only downside of the book was that there was only one, and I felt it was a bit rushed in the end to fit it all in. I know there a Novella (A Touch of Winter) but I think the story could have been move developed over a couple of books.

Destined to Fly
Destined to Fly

1.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointed :(, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Destined to Fly (Kindle Edition)
I really liked the first two books and couldn't wait to read the third. So when I could down load it I was really excited. Then I read it..
I was so disappointed, whereas the first two books even though a little far fetch (with the kidnap in book 2) they were rooted in a realistic world. Don't get me wrong I do like a fantasy book but this one just got so silly.
It went total mystic and new age rubbish. I thought it was a real let down...

I wouldn't recommend it, if you read the first two just stick them and this one is not as good which is a shame.

Taken: An Alex Verus Novel
Taken: An Alex Verus Novel
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 6 Feb 2013
I been "Fated", "Cursed" and now "Taken" by Alex Verus to a thoughly great and enjoyable Read. I love all the character and with each book I get more and more involved with their lives and the new friend/enemies they make along the way.

The great thing about these book and the series there are load of different strands that intermingle and shot off so in the next instalment you don't know whos friend or foe and what adventures and outcomes from the past will catch up to Alex and the others.

I love the series and I love this book can't wait for the 4th book and hopefully there are many more after that :)

Devil in the Dollhouse: A Sandman Slim Story
Devil in the Dollhouse: A Sandman Slim Story
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Jan 2013
I really love the sandman slim books so I really enjoyed this short story, I prefer my books a bit longer but this was a great book for a train journey to pass a few hours.

Aloha from Hell
Aloha from Hell
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Aloha from Hell (Kindle Edition)
I am now a huge fan of the Sandman Slim novels and this was was just as good as the first two. I can't recommend the series enough. Lots of action and great story and very amusing in parts :)

Sandman Slim
Sandman Slim
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sandman Slim (Kindle Edition)
This was such a great book, I would higly recommend it to anyone and I have already started on the second book :)

Moon Over Soho (PC Peter Grant Book 2)
Moon Over Soho (PC Peter Grant Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 8 Oct 2012
I loved the second Rivers of London book series. I really enjoyed the premise, I always knew London was magical :)

I can't wait to get started on the 3rd installment.

To Infinity (and maybe that's far enough)
To Infinity (and maybe that's far enough)
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars An Okay Read, 4 Sep 2012
I did enjoy reading this book it wasn't the best or funniest Sci Fi comedy genre book I've ever read, but it was enjoyable. Also for the price if you're in to this sort of thing I would recommend a read.