Profile for Mike W8 > Reviews

Content by Mike W8

Mike W8 "Catchingsam" (East Anglia, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium trilogy)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium trilogy)
Price: 3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Stieg Larsson Books, 11 Jun 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 of the books and only wish that he had written many more. The film was good, but I preferred reading as one gets more depth and emotion with the written word when written well.

The Fire King (The Alterra Histories Book 1)
The Fire King (The Alterra Histories Book 1)
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 of The Alterra Series., 11 Jun 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, Elfhunter and at times did not want to put it down. I was looking forward to reading this, but as it was some time ago that I read the first book, I found it difficult to remember the characters and get acquainted them again, especially with their strange names. I enjoyed the book, but nowhere near as much as the first one; it just did not grip as the earlier book did. However, I am looking forward to reading the next book when it comes out on Kindle at a reasonable price.

Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery Series Book 3)
Deadly Stillwater (McRyan Mystery Series Book 3)
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Deadly Stillwater, 11 Jun 2014
This book is over descriptive, contains too much detail about cities and towns in the USA which has no relevance to the story. Also a lot of US police jargon and the use of bad language. I found the over-long description of McRyan (Mac) rather nauseating and I nearly gave up then. I persisted to the end, but skipped read a lot of the time until the end but still felt dissatisfied. I won't be bothering reading this author again. I thought that the plot was good but poorly written.

Marware Vassen Kindle Cover, Purple (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle and Kindle Touch)
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Marware Vassen Kindle Cover, 24 May 2014
Initially disappointed as it stated "fits Kindle ...." and I, foolishly, thought that it would fit my original Kindle with keyboard. Of course it doesn't. However, I had just bought a Paperwhite so I have fitted this into the cover. A slight struggle to get the tight elastic corners bands flat against the Kindle, but otherwise all seems well. How long it will last I know not, but I am completely satisfied with it at the moment. Just have to buy another cover for my 'original' Kindle!

SODIAL(TM) 100 Gram Chrome Scale Calibration Weight
SODIAL(TM) 100 Gram Chrome Scale Calibration Weight
Offered by POP GATE(Ships From HongKong)
Price: 2.23

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 Gram Chrome Weight, 24 May 2014
Arrived when expected and it does what it was meant to do. I weighed it on 2 of my other scales and it weighed 100 grams as advertised and I calibrated my pocket scales with it.

WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WD Elements 1 TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0, 30 April 2014
I have now been using this as a backup drive for some time not and have found that it works as any external HD should. I am pleased with it. At the time it was a good price, but I now notice that you are able to purchase 1TB drives for a lot less and some of them, (I have 2) one would describe as pocket drives they are so small.

Kingston Technology 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Kingston Technology 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology 8gB USB 2.0 Flash Drives, 30 April 2014
I bought the 4GB Flash Drives from the same manufacturer and found them very good as they did the job they were bought for, so I also bought the 8GB ones and am perfectly happy with them. Not too much you can say about flash drives - they work or they don't. These work.

Kingston Technology 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Kingston Technology 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology 4GB USB 2.0 Flash drive, 30 April 2014
I have used these for over a year now and they still work perfectly well. So good that I also bought the 8GB from the same manufacturer.

JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphone with Adjustable Clip - Blue
JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphone with Adjustable Clip - Blue
Offered by Apple Gear
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphones with Adjustable Clip, 30 April 2014
Well they work, but I found difficulty getting a good fit and they kept coming loose so I stopped using them and considered them a waste of money.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

4.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland (for Kindle), 30 April 2014
I bought this as I had never read the book in my youth. I only give it 4 stars as I enjoyed reading it, but it kept referring to pictures which, of course, were in black and white; Kindle's fault not the book's.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8