Profile for Ninette Kelly > Reviews

Content by Ninette Kelly

Ninette Kelly "Ninette Kelly" (Somewhere over the rainbow)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Deviant Moon Tarot: Premier Edition
Deviant Moon Tarot: Premier Edition
by Patrick Valenza

4.0 out of 5 stars Deviant Moon Tarot, 28 May 2014
I purchased this after reading a review on Aeclectic. I love this deck, it is easy to read, the cards are of good quality if slightly on the large size which can make shuffling awkward. The artwork is deliciously weird.

Fournier Le Tarot De Marseille
Fournier Le Tarot De Marseille

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Tarot de Marseille (Fournier), 28 May 2014
I purchased this after reading a review in the Aeclectic Tarot Forum. It is an astonishingly powerful deck, it read straight out of the box after a little shuffling with no problems at all. I didn't need to dedicate it to The Lady as it was already there or carry it around for a while. The only slight problem was it was difficult to tell which suit was which but after a bit of thought that was resolved. The deck is both Male and Female and it's significator is The Lovers. I'd recommend this deck 100%.

The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
by Philip Carr-Gomm

5.0 out of 5 stars The Druid Craft tarot Deck, 11 April 2014
I bought this after seeing a review on Aeclectic and I was not disappointed, this must be the most beautiful deck in my collection, the artwork is simply stunning! I particularly like the Lovers, its depiction of a loving couple sleeping peacefully in the forest is gorgeous.

The deck was easy to read from the moment I got it out of the box, I interviewed it and dedicated it to the Lady and it has been very chatty.

It isn't a pocket sized deck by any means, the cards are HUGE but then again if they were any smaller the artwork would probably suffer.

Tarot Illuminati [With Book(s)]
Tarot Illuminati [With Book(s)]
by Erik C. Dunne

4.0 out of 5 stars Tarot Illuminati, 4 Mar 2014
Purchased after reading a review on Aeclectic.

This is a wonderfully flamboyant and over the top deck that is a fine addition to any tarot card collection.

When the deck arrived a lot of the cards were stuck together and it took a while to separate them and get them to point where I could shuffle them properly. The cards are also thicker than normal so the deck is twice the height of my normal deck in, they are also quite heavy but overall are of good quality.

The illustrations are gorgeous and very reminiscent of 70's illustrators, Philip Druilet springs to mind, it seems to be a case of NEED MOAR GOLD NOW! Oh look there is a quiet spot on a card, ADD MOAR GOLD! I would say that some of the photo-shopping is terrible, out of proportion hands and feet and heads that look like they've been stuck on randomly. The majors are well done, I love them all which is rare for me, as are the minors, no complaints there at all.

I dedicated the deck to the Lady and blessed it, it picked out my significator cards with ease. I also asked it what it preferred to talk about and it came up with feelings and emotions, which surprised me as it is so flamboyant. Once that was established it read like a dream.

I would definitely recommend this to beginners and experts alike.

Book of Shadows Tarot: As Above Volume I: Full colour 78 card Tarot Deck and Instructions
by Barbara Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars As above, 27 Feb 2014
I love this deck, the images are stunning and very well done, as a Wiccan it is perfect for me. I would say though that it isnt for someone new to the Tarot as it follows Wiccan tradition rather than Rider-Waite, many of the card meanings have changed.

It is a very slow moving deck which prefers to do long range readings, it also doesnt like yes/no questions or reverses.

A true Wiccan deck.

As Above Deck: Book of Shadows Tarot, Volume 1
As Above Deck: Book of Shadows Tarot, Volume 1
by Lo Scarabeo

4.0 out of 5 stars Book of Shadows - As above, 14 Jan 2014
4.5 Stars as Amazon won't let me give half a star.

I bought this deck after reading a review on the Aeclectic Tarot website and I'm glad I did.

The deck is for those who follow the Wiccan path, as I do, and it REALLY speaks to me and was very easy to read straight out of the box. Saying that anyone who is unfamiliar with the imagery and Wiccan traditions may struggle to interpret the cards, they don't follow the traditional Rider-Waite decks at all. A beginner and someone who has used the RW deck would also struggle with it I think.

The cards are solid and not flimsy at all, they shuffle very well and feel nice in the hand and the printing is good.

Wands, Cups, Pentacles and Swords are replaced with Earth, Air, Fire and Water. There are no Kings, Queens and Pages as such and have been changed to Maiden, Mother and Crone, the Page is an elemental energy (as teenagers seem to be.) It all fits together beautifully.

The Majors are very striking and beautiful, I was particularly struck by 'The God' (The Emperor) it seems fitting to me that the Lord should be represented as the Emperor while the Empress is The Lady. The cards aren't traditionally named, Death for instance is Yule, Judgement is Initiation, The Hermit is 'the path' and The Tower is renamed 'omens.' The names all make perfect sense in my opinion.

The only think I was disappointed with was The Magician card, it's my birthcard, I have swopped it for another card from another deck.

Alchemy 1977 England Tarot Deck
Alchemy 1977 England Tarot Deck
by Lo Scarabeo

4.0 out of 5 stars Alchemy 1977 England, 11 Oct 2013
The illustrations on The Alchemy England deck are gorgeous and quite unusual, they dont follow the Rider-Whaite deck at all.

I was slightly confused by the black roses till I looked it up online and realised they represented Wands! The Rest of the Minors are nice to look at, I like the gold pentacles on a lush green background, the swords are highly decorated and the cups are nice but a little dark. The Courts are more gothic in feel, skeletal knights, Queens and Kings with the odd dragon thrown in for good measure. I am not so bothered by the Minors being so highly detailed.

The Majors are great and have a real Josh Kirby/Terry Pratchet/Discworld feel to them, the skeletal Heirophant looks just like the Discworld Death to me.

The cards are small but the cardstock is good and I dont feel that they will fall apart with constant use. They read straight away and are very chatty, I think they will be my regular deck from now on.

All in all, a very good purchase.

65W Charger for HP Compaq 6510b 6710b 6730b 6910p 6930p 6515b 6530b 630 635 6700 6500 Laptop - Original Lavolta Notebook AC Adapter Power Supply Plug Cord - 18.5V 3.5A
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 14 Sep 2013
I bought this because of a positive review already received for this product. It works and it charges my laptop, perfect.

Witches Tarot
Witches Tarot
by Ellen Dugan

4.0 out of 5 stars Witches Tarot, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Witches Tarot (Cards)
I ordered this after seeing reviews on Aeclectic Tarot Forum. The images are lovely and very well done, I liked the fact that the artist used family and friends on the cards, it gives them a more personal feel. The Major Arcana are stunning, I particularly like The Magician and the Chariot. The cards do feel a little flimsy though, a few shuffles will see them with turned over corners I think.

The deck reads very well and is very user friendly.

This might be a deck to admire rather than use on a day to day basis.

Eat Sleep COD Call of Duty Inspired T-Shirt, Kids, Black, 12-13 Years
Eat Sleep COD Call of Duty Inspired T-Shirt, Kids, Black, 12-13 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat, sleep, COD, 12 Aug 2013
I bought this for son #1 for his birthday and he loves it, in fact he hasn't taken it off yet! Great quality and excellent customer service, recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4