Profile for ireadnovels > Reviews

The People in the Photo
The People in the Photo
by Hélène Gestern

3.0 out of 5 stars the people in the photo, 6 April 2014
Although this book was out in the UK February 2014. In April 2014 I was sent a proof copy. There is no ISBN number on the very first page. The proof copy has not got any details on the first page at all. On the back of the book cover is in print all about this story .Under the details of the outline of the story it says Uk publication is stated February 2014. Us publication June 2014 then the ISBN number and price £8.99. Then under that is all the public relations deparments that include the UK and the USA. The story sounds really interesting to me and I will be reading it very soon. I am sure I am going to love this story as tennis is my favourite sport. I love reading stories that have the documents of letters to one person to another, it is a great way to tell a story. An added bonous to me Kent is mentioned in this story and I live in Kent. I have read the reviews and can see that so many readers have read The People In The Photo and really enjoyed it giving great reviews Thanks to all the great reviews this has given me another reason why I am really looking forward to reading The People In The Photo.

The Enlightenment of Nina Findlay
The Enlightenment of Nina Findlay
by Andrea Gillies

5.0 out of 5 stars expertly written, 5 April 2014
Another expertly written story by Andrea Gillies. I read The White Lie that I enjoyed so much that try to keep a watch out for Andrea Gillies novels. I personally found it so very hard to close this new novel from Andrea Gillies. It seems that in The Enlightenment Of Nina Findlay that Andrea has been even more dedicated to all the characters you can really relate to them all. All the scenery is so well described you can see the vision of all the places which is an added bonus to the story. Andrea has adapted a very good opening page that puts tears in your eyes. Nina is in on holiday in a tiny Greek Island where she had gone to 25 years earlier on her honeymoon. While Nina is taking in the views and taking photographs she is involved in a disastrous accident. A driver Andros is peering through his windscreen driving his minibus round the sharpest bend on the stony dirt road. The minibus was coming right at Nina. Questions were being asked Why he driving without lights? and was he driving too fast?.Nina is taken to hospital with her leg was snapped jagged between her ankle and her knee. Nina is glad that she has an English-speaking doctor to explain what has happened to her and what the doctor has had to do to her leg..Nina wanted a divorced, but her ex husbands brother who had loved her and whom she had loved. The Enlightenment of Nina Findlay is action packed with sharing Nina Findlay experiences. Andrea Gilllies is an author to keep a watch out for her next novel.By ireadnovels.wordpress.com

My Biggest Lie
My Biggest Lie
by Luke Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 5 April 2014
This review is from: My Biggest Lie (Paperback)
My Biggest Lie is a stunning novel that keeps you turning pages. The story is narrated by Liam. He takes us through the journey of his life that can be happy it can be sad or even bad. I just could not help myself feeling sorry for him. Liam who had come to London to start his brilliant new job in publishing with a reputation for frugality, integrity and luck. Liam was embraced at book parties. He was a nice guy and cared about writers. Liam had a new hair cut and a girlfriend he loved. His best friend was his boss, he wore suits and meet the most interesting people. He worked hard and stayed out late. His life was looking up and then before he knew it his girlfriend dumped him. His girlfriend gave a months notice on the flat and refused to go on their holiday to Argentina. Liam saw all what he did have in life fall apart. Liam leaves London and flees to Argentina to live honestly and to write the world's longest and truest love letter from the heart. There are lots of scenes to be explored in My Biggest Lie. It will take you by surprise. Like how will Liam prevent his lies from running away with him?. My biggest Lie is published the 3rd of April 2014 by Canongate. I hope readers enjoy reading My Biggest Lie as much as I have. By ireadnovels.wordpress.com

Running Girl
Running Girl
by Simon Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars A great novel for everyone, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Running Girl (Hardcover)
I believe Running Girl is a novel for all readers, teenagers and adults. I am woman reader who thought Running Girl was excellent suspense page turner. I enjoyed every single page. Further more I think Running Girl has the all the ingredients to make this novel into a film. Simon has worked hard on this novel giving all of the characters their own personality making this story so enjoyable to read. Running girl is a very fast paced story where the story starts Garvie Smith and his friends meet in a playground smoking and drinking doing drugs.
Garvie Smith is really quite bright he has the highest IQ ever recorded at the Marsh Academy. But he has the lowest grades. His mother is always ranting at him that he must do his revision for his exams. A policeman in a turban rings the bell at the flat where Garvie Smith lives with his mother and questions Garvie about a girl Chole Dow in his grade at school that has gone missing.
The theory is that Chole went jogging and was murdered and found in Pike Pond. DI Raminder Singh is leading the case and is determined to find the killer. This is a baffling wicked crime and everyone will be questioned, Chole Dow's family and all the school that was in Chole's year. Garvie's uncle Len who is a pathologist conducts the forensic evidence in to how Chole was killed.
With Garvie's high IQ he interferes with murder case and sets out to find all the evidence who killed his once ex girlfriend. Running Girl is has the most twist and turns to a story that I don't think I have ever had the pleasure in reading a story that has so many twist and turns. Running Girl will keep you guessing untill the very end. Everyone who I thought had murdered Chole did not. With high flying colours I recommend Running Girl to all adults and teenagers.
I do hope that many readers will enjoy reading Running Girl as much as I have. Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

The Madness
The Madness
by Alison Rattle

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally unputdownable, 1 April 2014
This review is from: The Madness (Paperback)
I have never read anything quite like this before. This story rippled my interest because it was such a unsual story. I must say The Madness is literally unputdownable. Alison Rattle fabulous descriptions of Marine's frock and Noah's silk white stockings were an added bonus of detail. Alison has painted such a convincing picture of the sea and the shabby little house that Marnie lives in to the very grand manor that Noah stays in. It shines bright and clear that Alison Rattle is a perfectionist for detail.
The story is set in Somersetshire, 1868 in a seaside village that is framed for its sea cures. Marnie's ma is a dipper who dipped Marnie from such a young age into the sea to help her crippled daughter that has polio that now Marnie swims in the sea like a mermaid. Rich ladies from all over London pay Marnie's ma good money to be dipped believing that they will be cured. A very rich Lady de Clevedon and her son Noah arrive to Somersetshire and stay in a beautiful grand manor. Lady de Clevedon pays good money to be dipped by Marnie's Ma in hope that she will be cured. Marnie and Noah strike up a friendship with Marnie thinking that her life will change now she has met Noah. As the story adapts it shapes into so much more that it would be a shame to reveal all. This is a story that holds a flow of sorrowfulness, but a joy to read. I hope many readers will take the opportunity to read The Madness. I do hope that all readers will enjoy reading this delightful story as much as I have. review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret
by Liane Moriarty

5.0 out of 5 stars The Envelope, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Paperback)
The Husbands Secret starts where Cecila who is a mother of three children finds in the attic an envelope from her husband John-Paul. The envelope is grey looking with a fine layer of dust and sealed with yellowing sticky tape. In blue ballpoint pen it had written on it For my wife, Ceila Fitzparick To be opened only in the event of my death. The envelope felt old , like it was written years ago, but there was no way of knowing inless she opened it. Ceila made a list of all of her closest friends that all thought that Ceila should open the evelope .Will Ceila open the envelope from her husband ?.

This Is What Happy Looks Like
This Is What Happy Looks Like
by Jennifer E. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is What Happy Looks Like, 29 Mar 2014
My daughter found a clipping of this book in one of her magazines and put it on her christmas list. My daughter enjoyed reading this novel.

Hysteria
Hysteria
by Megan Miranda

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysteria, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hysteria (Paperback)
I bought this book for my daughter for christmas as she wanted to read it. I thought it looked like a good buy as it looked and sounded creepy. My daughter enjoyed reading this novel.

The Lying Game 06. Seven Minutes in Heaven
The Lying Game 06. Seven Minutes in Heaven
by Sara Shepard

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lying Game, 29 Mar 2014
I bought this book for my daughter for christmas. My daughter had watched The Lying Game on TV and liked it so much that she has read all of the lying Game books and enjoyed each one.

The Perfect Affair
The Perfect Affair
by Claire Dyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatifully written, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Perfect Affair (Paperback)
I have a passion for reading stories about affairs. I like to find out how the affair started and the out come of the affair. So as soon as The Perfect Affair landed on my door mat I could not wait to start reading it. I picked the paperback up straight away and started to read it and found it very hard to put the novel down. The Perfect Affair centres around three main characters and their families. Claire has a real gift to make all the characters like real people that we would know. Rose split her house into two flats. She lived in the upstairs flat and rented the downstairs flat to a crime writer Myles so he could write in peace and quite away from his family. Rose has secrets from her past that are lodged deep in her heart but Rose does not tell Eve all her secrets. Eve is married and visits her Rose a lot when she falls in love with Myles at the very sight of him. Eve and Myles who are both married find them selves pulling towards each other and start having an affair. The story is very convincing that holds heartbreak and loss. The perfect Affair is like most of affairs rife with the spice of danger that all women will want to read.The Moment is Claire Dyer's next novel which I can not wait to read. I hope that many readers will enjoy reading The Perfect Affair as much as I have. Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20