Profile for ireadnovels > Reviews

Little Egypt
by Lesley Glaister
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Egypt by Lesley Glaister, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Little Egypt (Paperback)
I wanted to read Little Egypt as I read a long time ago Nina Todd Has Gone and enjoyed that tremendously.
Little Egypt is a very unique story. Lesley Glaister approach to all her novels always appear to be effortless for her to write for her army of fans to read. Lesley certainly has the knack for putting her finger on what we most fear.
Little Egypt was once a well-to-do house in the north of England.
Nonagenrian twins, Isis and Osiris, still live in the home they were born in which, in the1920s, their obsessive Egyptologist parents left them to search for the tomb of Herihor.
While twins Isis and Osiris live in the house they have many things to deal with. I do not want to spoil what happens inside the house for Lesley Glaister's readers. I recommend Little Egypt to all Lesley Glaister fans and other readers who have not read any novels by Lesley. Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

The White Russian
The White Russian
by Vanora Bennett
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars The White Russian by Vanora Bennett, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: The White Russian (Hardcover)
The reason I wanted to read The White Russian is because I enjoyed reading Midnight in St Petersburg by Vanora Bennett.
I found I was so completely engaged in reading The White Russian I was just turning pages after pages. It is such a beautiful novel I just got totally completely lost into it.

The White Russian is set into four parts.

It appears that Evie did not know her grandmother until she turned eighteen. Then from out of the blue Evie's mother gets a letter from Evies grandmother in Paris offering to pay for her to go to college. Evie's unknown grandmother had enclosed a picture of herself.

Without Evie's mother knowing Evie took the picture and put it in her own room.

Evie sets of to Paris to see her grandmother. But Evie had not expected to be in a situation out of her depth as she stumbles upon her grandmother in bed that looks so very frail and so very thin. Her hair looked so very dull her hands frail and papery, blue-veined.

While Evie sits beside her grandmother, Evie's grandmother makes frantic mumbled sound MMMM, she is trying to tell Evie something.

As Evie's grandmother was finding it hard to talk she thought that the only way to communicate is by writing. Evie's Grandmother writes a letter with M on that was repeated several times.

The sudden death of her grandmother leaves Evie to carry out her grandmothers dying wish to find a man from her past.

Evie seeing her grandmother is just a little part of the story in The White Russian.

There is so much more to this novel that is all very touching and surprisingly waiting for readers to explore.
I look forward to Vanora Bennett's next novel.

Sweet Dreams, Little One
Sweet Dreams, Little One
by Massimo Gramellini
Price: 10.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad in places, 3 Jun 2014
Sweet Dreams, Little one is very sad. The little boy wakes up to find his mummy's dressing gown at the bottom of his bed, but his mummy has gone. Later the little young boy is told that his mummy has gone to heaven. The grief is too much for the poor little boy and he tells everyone to go away he just wants his mummy. I wanted hug the the boy in my arms and comfort him for all the difficult times that lay ahead for this poor little boy without his mummy. I highly recommend Sweet Dreams, Little one by Massimo Gremellini. I hope that many reviewers enjoy reading this story as much as I have. review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

Power Play
Power Play
by Danielle Steel
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My first book by Danielle Steel, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Power Play (Hardcover)
Power play is my very first novel that I have read by Danielle Steel and I enjoyed every page. I love the fact that Power Play is full of family drama, with family secrets.The cover really made me want to read this.
Fiona is a modern-day single parent. She is tall and thin and a very beautiful woman with long blond hair that she styles into a neat bun. Her nails are always impeccably manicurred. Fiona is the most successful women in the country at her largest corporation in American business and she happens to be responsible for a hundred thousand employees.
Harding Williams the chairman had been on the board long before Fiona got there,they had crossed path before, at Harvard Business school and he had formed his opinion of her then and never changed it since. Chairman Harding Williams was not happy that Fiona had called a meeting into the boardroom.
So much more happens Power Play that it is bursting with great characters and their secrets.
I highly recommend buying Power Play if you love family drama and secrets.
If you like reading Power Play you may like reading Covet by Tracey Garvis Graves.

Covet
Covet
by Tracey Garvis Graves
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars life together, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Covet (Paperback)
If anyone has any ideas of family drama books that I can read please let me know.
Covet is my first book that I have read by Tracey Garvis Graves. I actually stumbled on a review by someone about this book Covet. Which made me want to read it.
I did not know that it was mainly about families in a marriage. The story was right up my street because I just love reading fiction stories about family life.
It all happens in Rockland Hills. Claire Canton a graphic designer is happy married to her business marketing husband Chris.
Claire gets pulled over by a dashing good looking policeman and gets let off by him. Then Claire found herself that she could not stop thinking about the policeman, she knew she should not feel like this as she is a very happy married woman.
Chris her husband looses his job and shuts him self off from the family. Claire and Chris are close friends with their neighbours Elisa and her husband Skip, Bridget and her husband Sam, and Julia and Justin.
But do her neighbours all lead a happy marriage?. Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

The Distance (Charlotte Alton 1)
The Distance (Charlotte Alton 1)
by Helen Giltrow
Price: 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Helen Giltrow's first novel, 26 May 2014
This is Helen Giltrow's first novel. I am sorry to say that I did not enjoy this as much as I had high hopes too .Although I did not enjoy this story in the mysterious way that it had been written and I did not really engaged or feel any thing for the characters, I do hope other readers will enjoy reading The Distance by Helen Giltrow and I am sure a lot of readers will be engaged in this story. .
Just because one person like myself did not enjoy enjoy the plot that does not mean that someone else will not like it. After all that is what makes the world go around where each and everyone of us like reading different topic of stories. Where some stories we each will like more than other story. I am certainly not put off by reading another book from Helen Giltrow as her next book will be a totally different topic.
The story is about Karla who is someone who people to go to seek unauthorised data. Someone needs to get into a prison, but with a twist not with a staff ID, like a warder or a guard but as an inmate. The prison is not like any other prison apart from the forty-foot high wall, and the electric fence razor wire. All underground connections are sealed with regular patrols of armed officers to ensure the safety of all residents. I think this story is rather suited for men to read but I am sure lots of woman will enjoy reading this too. Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

Astonish Me
Astonish Me
by Maggie Shipstead
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Ballet dancer, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Astonish Me (Hardcover)
I wanted to read Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead for two reasons. One I have read and enjoyed Seating Arrangements By Maggie and for the second reason as a young girl I did ballet and tap. My cousin also did ballet and later went on to teach Ballet. Astonish me is mainly about Joan Joyce who from a young attends ballet classes and is forever dreaming of becoming a professional ballet dancer. Joan who is a young american dancer has a passionate love affair with a Soviet ballet star Arslan Rusakov. After Joan's love affair with Arslan Joan leaves the ballet world behind. With joan also being pregnant she starts a new life for herself with her son Harry and her high school friend Jacob. For Joan as the years pass with Harry getting a bit older Joan decides she can not live with out ballet. This is a gripping and dramatic, story about the nature of talent, the choices we must make in search of fulfilment, and how we can never truly escape from the secret of the past.Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

Doctor Sleep (Shining Book 2)
Doctor Sleep (Shining Book 2)
by Stephen King
Price: 7.27

5.0 out of 5 stars just bought it for, 25 May 2014
I have just bought Doctor Sleep paperback from waterstones online at a cheaper price of 3.99 and free postage. WHSmith sell Doctor Sleep paperback in their store for 3.99. I have always wanted to read a novel by Stephen King, but I have never got round to it. With Doctor Sleep paperback selling for 3.99 online on waterstones, this has given the perfect time to buy and read a stephen King novel. I can not wait to recieve Doctor Sleep and read it. Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

Hour Of Darkness (Bob Skinner Mysteries)
Hour Of Darkness (Bob Skinner Mysteries)
by Quintin Jardine
Price: 12.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Mystery who is the woman?, 23 May 2014
Hour of Darkness by Quintin Jardine is my first reading by this author. I enjoyed the mystery surrounding of the dead woman in this novel.The centre of this story is a white woman's body has been washed up on the Cramond Island near Edinburgh. She had been tangled up in a ship's propeller. She was missing her head, her right arm and shoulder and part of her left arm. The woman was found naked, no clothes, no jewellery and no hands. Which now means that no indentification can be made until an autopsy. The questions the detectives are asking is why was she in the water?. Did she commit suicide or had she been skinny- dipping?. The detectives now need to find out the DNA match for this victim and the motive as to why was the woman in the water?. A fast-paced story with many twists and turns. I recommend Hour of Darkness to all readers that like a mystery.

We Were Liars
We Were Liars
by E. Lockhart
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars E.Lockhart, 23 May 2014
This review is from: We Were Liars (Paperback)
I won this book on mumsnet. This is my first book by E.Lockhart and It will not be my last. We Were Liars is a nice short book full of family drama.This is a story about love and romance with tragedy..Which are lies in this story? and which is the truth?. The ending you will not see coming. And the ending is shhhh I am not telling you!. Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20