Profile for G. Haigh > Reviews

Renaissance of the Celtic Harp
Renaissance of the Celtic Harp
Price: 6.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful album, 29 May 2014
I rate this as one of the best Folk/Harp albums. It hangs together as a single piece of work, and it generates a wonderful atmosphere.

Mojo Fix
Mojo Fix
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice album, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Mojo Fix (MP3 Download)
Not his best, but certainly worth listening to. I recommend Martin's albums to anyone who likes Joe Bonamassa or Robin Trower.

Rhodes anavasi
Rhodes anavasi
by Anavasi
Edition: Map
Price: 6.16

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - but not great, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Rhodes anavasi (Map)
We used this map for a recent touring & walking holiday in Rhodes (May 2014). I haven't come across a better map. But sadly, it is not that accurate. It shows some roads in the wrong place. There are several tarmacked roads (some quite old) which are shown as dirt tracks. And the walks are almost non-existent.

Addictions
Addictions
Offered by Media Vortex
Price: 9.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Album, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Addictions (Audio CD)
One of the few albums that makes me want to boogie. It is a great selection of his songs, from before he went crooning.

AVG Internet Security 2014 - 1 User - 1 Year (PC)
AVG Internet Security 2014 - 1 User - 1 Year (PC)
Price: 29.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Unstoppable Software, 29 May 2014
I have been using AVG for a couple of years. It seemed like a reasonable compromise between price & performance. However, this year I decided to upgrade to Kaspersky Internet Security. This highlighted 3 serious problems with AVG. 1) AVG is almost impossible to remove from your PC. 2) Kaspersky found quite a few threats (Trojans) that AVG had missed. 3) AVG keeps billing me (recurring debit) even though I have explicitly cancelled with them.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 (3 Multi Device, 1 Year subscriptions (PC/Mac/Android)
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited
Price: 24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Good AV but terrible performance & reliability, 13 May 2014
UPDATE: After a month of use, I have to add that the performance of this software is terrible. When it decides to run a scan, your PC is totally unusable for the hour or so it takes even for a root scan. There are no settings that prevent this. I have never previously experienced any performance problems of any kind with my PC. So unless you have a top speed PC with SSD disks, I suggest you look elsewhere.

AND: It is impossible to register on their web site because the CAPCHA code is totally unreadable. I tried 10 times than gave up. I guess this is by design to reduce their support costs?

AND: Since installing Kaspersky, my PC has suffered 'unexpected shutdown'. It does this every time I perform a full or custom scan. Kaspersky support simply deny any problem. After extensive research, the only workable advice I have found is to replace Kaspersky by another AV product.

ORIGINAL: I bought this AV & Internet Security product after extensive reading of conflicting reviews.

I had been running both Microsoft SE & McAfee (and as it turned out, I still had AVG installed).

Only problem with installation was the removal of AVG 2013, which was a real fight. But the installation was also slow, Despite having a new CD, the installation essentially discarded all that and downloaded a complete set of software from the Internet.

Also, during installation, there are some alarming warnings from Windows Defender, but I guess there's no way around that.

I have found Kaspersky to be more effective than Microsoft SE & McAfee (& AVG?) combined.

The downside is that it is significantly slower than running Microsoft SE & McAfee (& AVG?) combined.

Despite that, I am happy with the various features I have tried except for Safe Money. Maybe it is safe because it stops you paying for anything online? E.g. I cannot use PayPay in any fashion with Safe Money turned on.

Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I had heard of Robin Trower back in the 70's, and bought this on the off-chance. It is a real treat. Some weak tracks but a lot of really good ones. I would recommend this to anyone who likes (e.g.) Joe Bonamassa.

Price: 13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I knew of JeanLP from Mahavishnu Orchestra days. This set of albums is a mixed bag. Some good, some weak, and a few brilliant tracks. Well worth getting. I recommend this to anyone who likes Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Orchira NHR233 Silver Alloy Clasp Ladies' White Pearl andf Turquoise Chip Necklace
Price: 39.60

4.0 out of 5 stars My wife liked it a lot., 20 April 2014
I bought this as a present. My wife liked it a lot. It looks nice. Not much else to say.

HP OfficeJet 7500A A3 e-All-in-One Web Enabled Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Fax, Wireless, e-Print)
Price: 141.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Printer is OK. Software is terrible., 20 April 2014
The printer is OK. However, the HP software supplied with this printer is terrible. Basically, it installs a process called: "HPNetworkCommunicator.exe" which stalls your PC every 10 seconds. It took a while to identify that the problem was with this process. And then I found vast numbers of people with the same problem, including many pages on HP's own support site. Sadly, the only reliable solution seems to be: Uninstall the HP printer software (noting that their uninstall process doesn't do this by itself); Return the printer; Buy another brand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3