Profile for J. Wise > Reviews

I'll Turn To You [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry Randall
Price: 11.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, 19 July 2014
This review is from: I'll Turn To You [DVD] (DVD)
A B&W 40's film with Sandy MacPherson & Irene Handl, what more could someone in their late 70's want. Great memories.

Soho Conspiracy [DVD]
Soho Conspiracy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zena Marshall
Price: 12.41

5.0 out of 5 stars My Heaven, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Soho Conspiracy [DVD] (DVD)
As a lover of 1930/40s B & W films, plus London, plus opera, plus Tito Gobbi I'm in heaven watching this.

Braun Oral-B EB30-4 TriZone Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - Pack of 4
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 19 July 2014
Does exactly what one would expect from a toothbrush

Verdi | Gobbi: 100 Anniversary [Tito Gobbi, Renata Scotto, Denis Wicks, Neil Howlett] [ICA Classics: ICAD 5118] [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Verdi
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh! how lucky I was, 27 April 2014
In London in the 60s & 70s Gobbi appeared a lot & I am so pleased I got to so many of his performances. A great singing actor who always gave total commitment to his performances. A lovely reminder of him, I only hope more in this series becomes available, which I have on audio recorded from TV.

Once A Sinner [DVD]
Once A Sinner [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pat Kirkwood
Price: 12.86

5.0 out of 5 stars From my teenage years, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Once A Sinner [DVD] (DVD)
The sort of film I used to love in the 1950s, a comfort zone. Featuring the lovely Pat Kirkwood who I'd seen on stage in "Starlight Roof" with Julie Andrews & Fred Emney. Thora Hird shows that she was a very positive character in her young days, long before "Last of the Summer Wine" Then Joy Shelton who I remember as PC 49's girlfriend, along with her real life husband Sydney Tafler, who always plays the "wide boy". Humphrey Lestocq, "HL" from childrens TV "Whirligig". Harry Fowler showing his ever optimistic character.

Braun Oral-B TriZone 3000 Three-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)
Braun Oral-B TriZone 3000 Three-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the dentist ordered, 27 April 2014
It seems to feel like the hygienist having a go at my teeth, most important it has firmed up my gums, particularly lower front which has been a problem area

Fritz Wunderlich: Welterfolge Und Raritaten
Fritz Wunderlich: Welterfolge Und Raritaten
Price: 11.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of a short career, 19 Oct 2013
I only saw Wunderlich a few times live, where I did find it rather small scale though very artistically musical, but this is no problem on record. It also shows what a wide repertoire he had from Monteverdi to Werner Egk.

Recital At Baden-Baden, Documentary "Diva Divina" [DVD] [2013]
Recital At Baden-Baden, Documentary "Diva Divina" [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Various Artists
Offered by muzicmadnezz
Price: 6.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of recent live concert, 19 Oct 2013
Bought this following the recital by these two at the Wigmore Hall in July 2013, the DVD recital is every bit as that in Wigmore Hall. Plus an interesting bio-documentary.

Eine Jahrhundertstime: Voice Of A Century
Eine Jahrhundertstime: Voice Of A Century
Price: 13.15

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past., 19 Oct 2013
Birgit in full flight as I remember her in live performances. I love the archive recordings from the 50s & 60s and the singers she was singing with. Surround sound fanatics may be disappointed in the sound, but for those who like to listen to the golden age of singing it is all sheer joy.

The Ealing Studio Rarities Collection - Volume 2 [DVD]
The Ealing Studio Rarities Collection - Volume 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hughie Green
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, 18 July 2013
Memories of the films I used to enjoy in my teens & 20s, when going to the pictures was the most popular form of entertainment

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4