Profile for Stephen Pagan > Reviews

Content by Stephen Pagan

Stephen Pagan

Collins Fungi Guide: The most complete field guide to the mushrooms & toadstools of Britain & Ireland (Collins Guide)
by Stefan Buczacki

4.0 out of 5 stars Packed with useful stuff for both expert and amateur mycologists, 8 Oct 2013
Initially I was disappointed to find this publication was not in the same format as the Collins gem 'mushrooms' guide I had previously purchased, but that is due more to my ignorance and naivety and it is unfair on any author to expect they print their publications in a layout I am used to.
Now that I have begun to get to know and understand the book's format I have found it very educational and have learnt a great many things not included in my Collins gem guide and I find them both excellent for cross referencing each other.
The only down side I could find was perhaps some of the illustrations were difficult to distinguish but that is me being hypercritical as all the images in this guide also have excellent text descriptions to back them up including their 'Taste and Smell' which was an important factor for me.
Overall I am pleased, and would recommend others take the time to get used to the format of this publication before reviewing it