Profile for Richard E. Iley > Reviews

Content by Richard E. Iley

Richard E. Iley (Birmingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Bridge: Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
The Bridge: Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sofia Helin

5.0 out of 5 stars The Breathtaking Bridge, 15 Oct. 2014
Breathtaking! I was on the edge of my seat for every episode. It must be the most enthralling crime series ever. The characters are amazing, especially the Swedish actress who plays Saga, a detective with a problem with social awareness. Having been over the bridge in question and visited Malmo I was particularly captivated throughout.

Philips Tornado 12W B22 CFL Energy Saver Light Bulb
Philips Tornado 12W B22 CFL Energy Saver Light Bulb
Offered by Select Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighter and Brighter, 15 Oct. 2014
Probably the neatest and brightest energy saver bulbs. I have found these difficult to find in supermarkets and DIY stores whose offerings are inferior. From now on I shall buy them from the official Philips stockist.

Rocking the Roles: Building a Win-Win Marriage
Rocking the Roles: Building a Win-Win Marriage
by Robert Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal marriage-prep gift., 24 April 2014
My wife and I do much of the marriage prep in our church and always recommend this book. Theologically sound but with great advice and application.

Rummikub Original - Manufactured by HASBRO
Rummikub Original - Manufactured by HASBRO
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Numbers for folk who don't like numbers, 24 April 2014
Great fun! My six-year old grandson has grasped the idea and joins in. The adults like the strategy bit! The game is not too long to stop it from being enjoyable. Even if numbers are not your forte, this game is fun without being taxing.

For Apple MacBook Pro A1278 / A1286 / A1297 Replacement 4 Pack Rubber Feet / Foott Kit 13" / 15" / 17" - Brand New
Offered by Mac-Parts4u

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the real thing, 24 April 2014
These are stick-on pads, or would be if there was some glue on them. Most of the sticky stuff peeled off as I opened the pack. One out of four worked. I shall go to Apple next time.

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Snap writ large!, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
We bought this for our grandchildren upon the recommendation of friends. They love it but it is really a version of Snap and just depends on who shouts out the quickest ( and the loudest). Otherwise lacks any value to help reasoning, strategy, etc. Not for a quiet Sunday afternoon!

Through the Bible, Through the Year: Daily Reflections From Genesis to Revelation
by John Stott

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift of a book, 24 April 2014
As a non-conformist on principle I am not one who slavishly follows the church calendar. These daily readings do so the format took a little getting used to. John Stott's short comments are readable and succinct, a lovely aid to regular bible reading. Mr Stott was a heavy-weight theologian but this book is far from heavy going. It is, however, more substantial than many bible reading notes but theologically accurate and pastoral in tone.

The Atonement
The Atonement

5.0 out of 5 stars Fifty-five years on: still a winner, 24 April 2014
This review is from: The Atonement (Kindle Edition)
I first read this book over fifty years ago and it revolutionised my understanding of the atonement. It gave structure to my understanding of the biblical data on the meaning of Christ's death. This is solid fayre. I remember hearing Professor Murray on a number of occasions and being moved to worship and adore as he explained the scriptures. Don't read another book until you have read this!

For the Love of God Vol 1
For the Love of God Vol 1
by D. A. Carson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Daily Bible Reading Scheme Available, 7 Nov. 2012
Daily Bible reading schemes abound, but this is by far the best. It follows Robert Murray M'Cheyne's scheme. Dr Carson comments on one of the four readings for each day. His comments are biblical, thoughtful, instructive and normally end with a prod to the conscience. Dr Carson is a conservative evangelical who combines a high view of scripture with a pastor's heart. My wife and I buy copies as wedding presents for friends in order to help the newly-weds settle into regular Bible reading. I cannot recommend this book enough.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Save the back ache., 29 July 2012
Although I have been something of a reluctant gardener over the past forty or so years, I have always thought Wolf-Garten tools, with their detachable blades, something of a gimmick. Not so. These tools are so well made. I now have a selection of them, and two different handle lengths. This item is ideal for grubbing out weeds from between paving slabs. I can do it standing upright instead of on my knees. A boon in my old age! Why didn't I try them before?

Page: 1 | 2