Profile for Velocet > Reviews

Velocet

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Coffee Mini Mill Slim Grinder
Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Coffee Mini Mill Slim Grinder

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and neat, a shame the bottom container is plastic, 11 May 2014
It's very small, neat and ergonomic and mostly decent. Grinding takes a couple of minutes for an espresso grind which can be annoying in the morning but its to be expected with a hand grinder - not a fault with the product.

My main issue is that the bottom chamber is plastic. Static builds up and coffee sticks to the sides of it. It sounds like a minor thing, but first thing in the morning having to smack and scrape out the remnants of your grind gets tedious.

I do wish I paid a little more for one with a glass chamber, but I suppose its better its plastic for those who are travelling around with it for weight and durability reasons.

A History of Modern Europe: v. 1 & 2
A History of Modern Europe: v. 1 & 2
by John Merriman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very useful, 16 Mar 2014
There's nothing wrong with the way the book is written, but the time period it covers means it doesn't serve much of a purpose as its only able to give a brief overview of points in history. It makes it pretty pointless for an avid reader of history.

It is only useful as a book of reference, and even then the pages are very thin and with a soft cover, its not the most suitable for quick referencing. Wikipedia can easily fulfil the purpose of this book, also much quicker and easier to click through to things you're unfamiliar about.

Brooks Brothers Oxford Men's Shirt Blue Small
Brooks Brothers Oxford Men's Shirt Blue Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Well fitted, nice details but with a long tail, 25 Sep 2013
Ordered a small, was initially worried with the lack of detailed measurements on the site but the shirt ended up fitting very well. I'm a 29-30" waist so hard to find shirts that fit as well as this.

There are a few details you can't see in the photo - there's a detailing on the other side of the buttons, a striped pattern which you can't see in the photo. There's also a second button on the collar which stretches over if that makes sense, so you're forced to wear it with the collar done up. The shirt also has long tail so if you intended to wear the shirt untucked then you should probably give it a miss.

I don't mind these aspects, I'm quite impressed with the quality of the shirt, but if any of this really bothers you then don't be too disappointed if you order and have to return it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2014 1:29 PM BST

Eastpak Unisex Volker Backpacks - Ash Blend
Eastpak Unisex Volker Backpacks - Ash Blend

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and convenient all round, 25 Sep 2013
Quite fond of this backpack, it's durable like any other Eastpak product I've had as well as being discreetly stylish. The range of pockets is massively convenient, using the various pockets more than I anticipated I would. The capacity is large enough to accommodate short breaks abroad and the straps allow it to be kept compact for day to day usage.

I haven't stored my laptop in the integrated sleeve alone, I'm a bit paranoid and the padding seems a bit thin, I keep it in a sleeve, but I'm sure the padding is adequate as long as you're not throwing your bag around.

The zips and fabric seem good. Haven't had a problem with zips getting stuck or loose threads.

Rapesco 548 Stapler Full Strip Black Ref R54800B2
Rapesco 548 Stapler Full Strip Black Ref R54800B2

1.0 out of 5 stars Only good for stapling a few sheets at a time, 25 Sep 2013
I regularly print large documents that require stapling, after seeing the 0-29 sheet capacity on the description I thought it would do the job, but it really doesn't. I'd used it to staple a few sheets of 80gsm sheets together and it did that fine, but soon moved onto 15 sheets. Started jamming and now even if I only try to staple a few sheets together it fails that 90% of the time.

I'd suggest avoiding this for any moderate to heavy user. Stapling a couple of receipts together it should be fine though.

uni-ball Jetstream Retractable SXN210 Rollerball Black 3 piece blisterpack
uni-ball Jetstream Retractable SXN210 Rollerball Black 3 piece blisterpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth and smudge-free, 25 Sep 2013
The Uni-ball SX210 used to be my favourite pen but I think this overtakes it because of the convenience of the clickiness. It writes smoothly, letting it glide and reducing stress on my wrist, and being left handed it dries extremely fast and I haven't had a problem with smudging.

Adaptor 3 Pin UK into 2 Pin Plug Euro
Adaptor 3 Pin UK into 2 Pin Plug Euro
Offered by Factory Market

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, if it doesn't fall apart, 21 July 2013
I ordered 2 just before going abroad and on one of them, one of the pins came out very quickly but the other was fine. I'm glad this happened in my bag and not in a wall socket since that would have been annoying to get out. It was only around £1 so really not worth returning. The other one held up very well through about 6 months of daily use.

It's definitely a hit or miss ordering these based on my experience. If you do end up ordering, I'd suggest getting some extras.

Altec Lansing inMotion Classic III Portable Dock for iPods/iPhones - Sport Red
Altec Lansing inMotion Classic III Portable Dock for iPods/iPhones - Sport Red
Offered by Modern-Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound, just not as robust as I hoped, 21 July 2013
Bought them just before going travelling a bit around Europe. I was most impressed by the sound quality, considering how small/thin it was. Seemed really clear and not just overloaded with bass as can happen with some speakers and which unfortunately some people are okay with.

The main issue I had with it was it broke after a few months. Granted I was being a little rough with it, just had it in my backpack which was thrown around a few times. I think it made the connections inside loose and it stopped charging. Would have been nice to have a protective case included since it's meant to be portable and therefore likely to be thrown around a little.
Another issue was the battery sometimes was inconsistent. Sometimes it had lasted 5/6 hours, other times 1/2. Was a bit peculiar and annoying.

When I bought it, it was only £19.95 through RicherSounds as a third party seller. Considering my experience with it, I'd buy it again for that price, but don't think I'd personally pay more.

Onitsuka Tiger Unisex-Adult Mexico 66 Vulc Cv Black/White Trainer D215N 9001 9 UK
Offered by Tineli calzados y complementos

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, breathable, hold up well, 21 July 2013
Onitsuka Mexico 66 are probably my favourite trainers for everyday casual wear.

They allow quite good air circulation making them good in warmer weather, but could be a con in the winter and in the rain. Being lightweight compared to other trainers I've worn like Vans, Adidas or Pumas makes them a lot more comfortable to walk in.

Not entirely sure but I think they may be designed for people with arched feet, since there's sort of a bump on the middle of the inner sole which provides support. Good for me, but I don't know how it would work for people with quite flat feet. It feels odd at first but it has made walking long distances a lot more comfortable for me.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Generic, which is good, 21 July 2013
These are generic produced pills for hayfever/allergies in general that do exactly the same thing as their named brand equivalents. Considering the price difference there's really no need to buy branded over these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3